Well, I'm in college so I don't have much money for new gear but my setup is a little lacking in definition. It's all kinda muddy. So, I'm looking for help on how to clean it up a bit for the songs I'm playing right now. My setup is simple, just guitar-->amp-->ears. I've got a pretty balanced EQ right now and gain is just under 5. I just can't quite get what I'm looking for though. I would really like to get a good Jimmy Page tone out of it (think Rock and Roll, Whole Lotta Love, etc.) Help, please? And thanks in advance.
^^Basically nothing. Although I might be able to get away with 50-60 bucks.

^Duncan-Designed JB/Jazz-type pickups.
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive is really your best bet, it's a Fulltone OCD clone. It'd be in the Rock and Roll realm of things tone wise, won't nail it, but you get the idea. Getting the studio Whole Lotta Love tone won't happen, the distorted tone is elusive because of the amp he used for it. If you have a wah leave it toe down for the solo.

Best of luck
^thanks. Thanks for the tip too. One thing though, I'm not trying to copy Jimmy's tone. I'm trying to get something similar to tweak to my own liking.
The cool cat drive is a good option for classic rock, speaking from experience.
And yeah, it is an ocd clone using smd parts.

An mxr distortion + or iii would be good too.
As would a guv'nor.
If you own a soldering iron, a few quick changes could make a ds-1 a very viable option.

Edit: the double muff/muff overdrive would be pretty good too.
Muff od's only $30 too.
Last edited by saltysnail at Mar 29, 2009,
Buy a multi effect oedal then you will have a vast array of OD functions also including other effects. Zoom g1 Digitech rp50 or one of the ither similar digitechs. Then you got more than you asked for but at the same price.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Quote by lewisg1
Buy a multi effect oedal then you will have a vast array of OD functions also including other effects. Zoom g1 Digitech rp50 or one of the ither similar digitechs. Then you got more than you asked for but at the same price.

YEAH! Except those all sound like crap, IMO. I think I'll just try that Danelectro pedal. It's cheap and everybody says they sound pretty good. Thanks for the input everybody.
Well, instead of making a new thread I figured I would just bring this one back. Okay, I was surfing musicianfriend and saw this. I've never played a TS-7 so I was wondering how they are?
The ts-7 is good, nearly identical to higher priced tubescreamers. But i think it's the hybrid practice amp your using that may be the problem, you might want to invest a little more and go for a better or full tube amp.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
^this is actually a really good little hybrid amp. if I could afford a new amp I would definitely do it but I really just need something to tighten up my sound and add a bit of definition. I figured an OD would probably do that.