Hi guys I'm looking for a new amp to replace my Spider 2 (yeah I know you don't like spiders :P) I'm looking for a head+cab amp going under 2000$ (for head+cab) I play things like Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Dream Theater, COB, Disturbed... but I also like to play softer things like Nickelback, Rise Against, U2, Paramore and some other pop rock.

Thanks
oh and I'm not really into gigging right now but I sometime play with friends of mine (that we could call a band).
is it list tyme??????

ohh you're not gigging...........
well since you are not giging mind if i balance you budget a bit??

$2000 total:
$800 amp head
$400 for cab
$600 for new guitar

if you dont need a new guitar then
$1200 for head
$400 for cab
+$600 below for pedals
that is how i'll balance my budget if i have $2K
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Mar 28, 2009,
TS, you can get a Randall RM50 head for about $1100, a couple of modules for $500 and an Avatar cab for $400. You're sorted.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Not that I'm against it but does it have to be a head and cab? Would a combo be just as good for you? I would suggest something Mesa-ish. not sure what amps the heavier bands you like use, but Mesas are versatile enough to play just about anything. Something like Mark series or F series would be good I would think...
Quote by shadow__666
TS, you can get a Randall RM50 head for about $1100, a couple of modules for $500 and an Avatar cab for $400. You're sorted.

Forgot about those actually, that's a very good idea!
I don't really need a new guitar my JP rocks lol but WTF idea for pedals is good THAT would be useful
You can get a RM50 with a Blackface (Clean) and Plexi (Marshall crunch) for $1330 right now. That with an Avatar cab will leave you money for a higher gain module (I suggest the XTC, which is based on a Bogner Esctasy) and maybe even a pedal or two.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Get a Peavey JSX or a used Mesa Mark IV. They stopped making the Mark IV because the Mark V is coming out, but that's a little over your price range
Some options.

- Used EVH 5150 III
- Used Mesa Mark III, Mark IV, DC-5, F-50
- Budda Superdrive 18/30/45
- Peavey JSX, 3120, Ultra or XXX
- Bogner Alchemist
- Fender Supersonic
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If I had 2000 dollars I would look for a used Quickrod or Tremoverb (or a 2 channel dual recto) and get a Splawn, Mesa or Mills 2x12.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.