I managed to get my hands on an instructional video by George Lynch, and in one section he shows this technique he calls a rolling harmonic, it basically involves legato style pull offs while he is using his picking hand(i think he makes the pinky rigid) as a bar that he draws in a somewhat rising motion from the middle of the pickups towards the neck.

The result sounds like legato except all natural harmonics......

I was really impressed by the technique and have had a small amount of success at trying to get it down, but my question is do you guys know of any other examples of this sort of thing and if so can you point me in the right direction.....

Ta.
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
zakk wylde also does that. i think the proper term is flanging, although im not entirely certain. im also curious about how this works though, ive got no clue.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Guthrie Govan does this from time to time...he's very good at it too.

Give me a sec, I'll try to find a good video.
Hurr: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCKpRzfMzU
At 2:55 in...a very good example I'd say.

I also have either a video or a document explaining the technique, I'll try and find it.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Last edited by ramm_ty at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by ramm_ty
Guthrie Govan does this from time to time...he's very good at it too.

Give me a sec, I'll try to find a good video.

I also have either a video or a document explaining the technique, I'll try and find it.

cheers man, looking up some guthrie stuff on youtube now
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
haha I have something new to work on now. I ll never get it down though!