So...my town ran a drill of it's new air raid siren today (that's right, we just recently got one). I'd never heard it before in real life.

Does anyone else find the sound of an air raid/bombing/disaster siren very scary? When I heard it, I knew it was just a drill, but for some reason I found the sheer sound of it terrifying.

Have you ever heard one of these in real life?

(This is the closest thing I could find on youtube to show what kind of sound I'm referring to)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKPVYDOixdw
i live in a very rural area so i dont have to worry bout air raids, just nukes....
Divine creations now destroyed to uncover the haunted atmosphere
Strange visions of the ancient spirits, travesty of man appears
Coldness and the storming winds lurking for prey
The forces of the Winter reign in dreadful way, there's no escape
That air raid siren sound always reminded me of a zombie outbreak. So if I ever hear it I'm getting up on my f*ckin roof. Odds are though, I'll be wrong, and thus will be catching a bomb in the back of the f*ckin head.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
for some reason i think they sound sweet, maybe ive just listened to industructible a few too many times
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
Yeah. I haven't heard any in years. I thought they were scary at first, cool after awhile, and then I just thought they were the most annoying thing ever.
H e l l o .
Last time I heard one was when I was in Hawaii 9 years ago. I remember it kept going off every few hours though, so I think they were just testing them.
This is something ive always wondered:
How come they dont have these in American cities? Does the government here just hate us that much?
love is love // return to dust
The emergency siren ?

ya, my town plays it every time there's a fire, koz our FireD sux hairy monkey balls
this would be a better siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKL5E3zSjs
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by tancanada
This is something ive always wondered:
How come they dont have these in American cities? Does the government here just hate us that much?

Maybe they just hate Florida?
H e l l o .
My mobile phone alarm tone is an air raid siren mp3, for the simple reason that I always get scared by them (thus, waking me up). I was recently bidding on eBay for one, but it went for over £300.
Quote by supralightning
hear that **** almost every day at my grandmas house

its badass

Whose raiding your grandma?
Quote by kitty_teh_fish
Maybe they just hate Florida?

I wouldnt blame em, all the Cubans and coke gets in through here.
love is love // return to dust
I think air-raid/tornado sirens actually freak me out more then whatever they're going off about.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Silent Hill, wooga booga booga!

I hate those.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
I don't really think they're scary. They say war vets always drop to the ground every time they hear that noise. I think that if I was in a war and conditioned to a siren, they would scare the **** out of me, but right now they seem pretty harmless.
At my dad's old house he had one hooked up to a light switch, so if you hit the wrong switch you'd get freaked out. You get used to it after a while
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
Well, I live in Panama which used to have territory controlled by the US army. Well, I live in an old military town, in front of my house there is a the pole that they used to have a siren in case of a bombing and did drills, of course I wasn't born for the era when it was in use. But they say if you reconnect the cables to it and find the switch, it still should work.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter