Wow, no thread on them already? why not!

they have been around from 2005 and have released 2 full lengths! i picked up ...For Death the newest one and I'm pretty blown away!

the shear combination and ridiculously low and heavy death metal songs like Death Multiplies then to something like A Sigh which is a purely classical doom song with AMAZING female vocals. and then the heavy doom 'For Death' track... just wow. SIMPLY amazing work. a must for melodic death / doom metal fans!

Discuss

EDIT, forgot myspace link Linky
"We carry death out of the village!"
Last edited by Marskell at Mar 28, 2009,
Depeche mode much....

Depressed mode? What a crap name. Crap music too.

'Whiskey!'
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Depeche Mode is actually decent tho

Just kidding, these guys seem alright. Not the kind of stuff I listen to, but I think they have a pretty cool atmosphere to them.
it all comes down to preference. and i like them a lot. like piratemetalhead AMAZING atmosphere
Not quite as good as you hype them up to be in the OP but still pretty good

The female vox are what stand out to me, I really like her voice.
Definitely. just that song A Sigh gives me chills with every listen
haha ive seen a mate listen to happy days. what do they play?
Depressed Mode is not black metal at all!. Melodic death/Doom. the black metal we were talking about is Happy Days
Quote by Marskell
Depressed Mode is not black metal at all!. Melodic death/Doom. the black metal we were talking about is Happy Days

Yeah Happy Days...

I was just going by the name of the band, certainly sounds like a hipster black metal band, but I'll check them out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Nice find
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Why thank you Firenze. and yes piratemetalhead we get it. you dont like em. ok move on
I loved the two songs I listened to before buying the album whenever ago...but when I listened to it, even though it features those two songs, it just came across as really boring and generally a bit crap.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
exactly. thank you cianyx that is exactly how i find it
Ive been listening to the ...For Death album again and it is still an awesome record! i love they way they have incorporated really good orchestral elements with the melodic death/doom vibe they give off
Quote by Cianyx
^ I was thinking of Depeche Mode too

ditto
i almost thought they were depeche mode gone metal...
pretty nice- not the best name though
Ironic how doom has nothing to do with how boring a song is..

..I haven't listened to the band yet. Depressed Mode sounds like an odd name, but i'll give it a spin.
definitally severed! it is an awesome record
They're not bad. It's all a preference, they sound like later A.F.I. to be frank. The vocals do anyways, void the guts. ACtually really decent, I was expecting it to be miserably bad since they seemed to have gathered a rather large fan base in here...
i still dont see the AFI reference. i picked up their 07 release ghost of devotion. sooooooo epic