Alright UG, I am humbly asking for your help in designing my pedalboard. Keep in mind, it doesnt matter what order the pedals are in in the pedalboard as that will not have a lot to do with the actual order in the chain. What I need is for the board to be efficient and useable (not to long, and at least two levels for ease in reaching every pedal).

ok so here's the list:

-boss ds-2
-EHX little big muff
-EHX english muff'n
-Proco RAT
-boss dm-3
-line 6 fm4
-line 6 mm4
-Wilson Effects Ten Spot Wah
-MXR Phase 90
-boss RC-50
-Digitech IPS 33b (rack unit, but id like to have it somehow in the pedalboard)
-footswitch for 33b
-Marshall channel footswitch
-Volume pedal
-Expression pedal for 33b (whammy)
-Expression pedal for mm4
-expression pedal for fm4
-sabine stx1100 tuner

alright so here are some of the issues:

-I also sing, so I want to be able to access most of my pedals while still at the mic. Obviously its not realistic to expect to reach all of my pedals but Im thinking I need to at least be able to reach most expression pedals as well as my rc-50 for loop recording.

-I really have a hard time pressing pedals if they're all in the same level one behind the other, so I definitely need two levels.

-I wanna have the rc-50 front and center, but also wanna have my expression/wah/whammy pedals in the center, would it be ok to put them in the second level? Ive never seen a pedalboard with expression pedals inthe second level, are they hard to use this way?

-im thinking of building a mini rack kinda thing on the pedalboard only for the digitech 33b, any suggestions for how to do this would be greatly appreciated

So please, anybody that has experience with making a good pedalboard, can you give me some tips or some layouts that may work for me? get creative UG!
Last edited by rnelson at Mar 29, 2009,
do you honestly need THAT many pedals!??! x__x godd
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by nivlarama
do you honestly need THAT many pedals!??! x__x godd

I dont really NEED any of them. But does anybody really need all the pedals they use?

I just like them.

BTW thats not my proposed pedalboard, those are my pedals except for the mm4 which im getting in two weeks. I just need some help arranging them in a usable way for live playing.

Any help is appreciated!
Dayum... pedal tweaker! lol. That just seems like more then anyone could want. Maybe 2 Pedaltrains...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
^
I've looked into those, but to be honest they're just a bit expensive and I feel like I could ingeniously work my way around it.

As for the rack, I'm not a big fan of racks, I like to have my pedals sitting in front of me for instant tweaking.

Great suggestions though, keep em coming guys!
lately ive had a boner for soemthing like this,

paullenders.com
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
^looks tasty!

but again, I cant get past the price issue with these sorts of boards. Also, i think its fun to build things...
Quote by rnelson
^looks tasty!

but again, I cant get past the price issue with these sorts of boards. Also, i think its fun to build things...

true that, im going to be building mine just like that. im very excited to get started.

oh yeah, and get the pedals to go in it too
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson