I would go with an actual rhythm guitarist but no one is really that great in my school. So I need a loop pedal that is easy to use live. Just give me suggestions, my budget at max is $200 though I'd love something lower.
If you can deal with a 35 second recording time, then I would go with an Akai Headrush E2.
Excellent sound quality plus it has delay with tap tempo and a tape echo sim.

If you need more, look for a used boss RC-20xl or a Boss RC-2 with an external footswitch.
If you get the RC-2, you'll want the Boss FS-5U footswitch to make it usable live.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
First off, quality loop pedals are usually $300
Second, I would NEVER go on stage with an automated ANYTHING

Just my two cents
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
boss rc-2 and FS-5U. Together they're basically the same as an RC-20XL but nowhere near the price
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
I just looked at the BOSS RC-2 and it seems good enough. It sucks I have to get a foot pedal, but whatever. Thank you to both.

To NinjaPenguin:

Yeah, I thought that too. Put I have no choice. The chance for error does increase, but I have no one to play rhythm. Nobody practices.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by druz15_UG
boss rc-2 and FS-5U. Together they're basically the same as an RC-20XL but nowhere near the price

yes they are pretty much the same, except the RC-2 has no reverse playback (i think).

BUUUUUT, one major error with your post: used rc20xl are pretty much going for the same or less as used rc-2 on ebay. I got my rc20xl here at UG for $130, recently sold it on ebay for $145. RC-2s tend to go for upwards of $150.

I'd go with the RC-20xl. cool looper for the price. but if you REALLY want to get into looping, the RC-50 is the pedal for you, of course thats way out of your budget so for right now the rc20xl will doy just fine.
rc2 is great, i have one. only flaw with it is that if you want to create a long rhythm section (ie intro, verse, chorus, bridge etc...) it become a problem because you actually have to either record the whole rhythm track at once front to back (with a drum section), or bend down and change the loop track. the higher model (rc-50 i think) allows you to change tracks on the fly and create a realistic sounding rhythm section

my 2 cents.
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
rc2 is great, i have one. only flaw with it is that if you want to create a long rhythm section (ie intro, verse, chorus, bridge etc...) it become a problem because you actually have to either record the whole rhythm track at once front to back (with a drum section), or bend down and change the loop track. the higher model (rc-50 i think) allows you to change tracks on the fly and create a realistic sounding rhythm section

my 2 cents.

So would it be a problem if I wanted to like record harmonys or a rhythm track under my solos?
^no, i think he means that you have to have a solid plan as to where each part will be in the mix and that you cant really edit out something if you already recorded another thing over it.

With the rc-50 you have 3 different phrases (basically like 3 rc-20s in a row) and you can for example record percussion and bass in a phrase, and guitar in another, with the voice parts in another phrase. Then just mix and match depending on what section of the song youre doing....it also lets you control the volume of each phrase and send them to different outputs.

With the rc-2 you pretty much record, and overdub endlessly, with not much actual 'mixing' of your parts.

still the rc-2 is a great entry level looper, but as I said, used rc20s are going from the same or less than used rc-2s (I have no idea why), we you come across this situation, my recommendation is to get the rc-20, as it has a bit more features.
Quote by rnelson
^no, i think he means that you have to have a solid plan as to where each part will be in the mix and that you cant really edit out something if you already recorded another thing over it.

With the rc-50 you have 3 different phrases (basically like 3 rc-20s in a row) and you can for example record percussion and bass in a phrase, and guitar in another, with the voice parts in another phrase. Then just mix and match depending on what section of the song youre doing....it also lets you control the volume of each phrase and send them to different outputs.

With the rc-2 you pretty much record, and overdub endlessly, with not much actual 'mixing' of your parts.

still the rc-2 is a great entry level looper, but as I said, used rc20s are going from the same or less than used rc-2s (I have no idea why), we you come across this situation, my recommendation is to get the rc-20, as it has a bit more features.

Thanks for confirming. I was getting a little worried. One last thing. With the RC-2 can I switch recordings on the fly?