I have an hss strat that I've been working on and off with for the last few weeks. Its been sanded and repainted and I want to (eventually) get new pickups and tuners for it. But right now I want to make a different type of wiring job.

Basically, I want to use whatever I have left in my parts box and figure out some cool things to do.

I have left: spst, dpdt, dpst and one 500k pot
xD

Yeah I know the bottom of the barrel.

I want to use the dpdt to choose between the humbucker or the mid and neck pickups and us the dpst to act as a tone switch, while still having the pot be a normal volume knob.

I don't know what to put in in that question mark area to use the capacitor... do I just wire a parallel cap or is it something more dasterdly?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Nothing in there about how to wire capacitors. Whatever.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; if it's not in the Ultimate Wiring Diagrams Thread, then it hasn't been done before.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Well... Then I'm just gonna go for it and say that you wire a cap in parallel and ground it to make a tone switch. I'll see how it goes.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
^That is correct. I'm actually really glad to see that there are some people who can figure things out for themselves.

Something that might help you that I do when coming up with a new wiring diagram is to first figure out all of the possible pickup configurations that I could possibly want out of the guitar, and then narrow it down from there based on limitations such as number of controls I want (in your case you would obviously be limited to what you have on hand). You'd be surprised at the functionality you can get out of just a few controls.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
the ultimate wiring diagram thread is there for a reason - to ask questions about wiring, so then that answer can be added to the OP for others to know