Okay, I have some stuff I'm taking to a local shop to throw on consignment.

I have the following, plus the original price I paid (Canadian dollars):

BOSS DS-1 - $80 (rip off)

BOSS SD-1 - $50 (kinda ripped off?)

Epiphone SG Special - $300 (rip off?) (purchased from said store)

Ibanez Gio left hand - $330 (Probably ripped off, haha) *might not sell though, may use as backup...

Traynor YVM-3 VoiceMate head + 4x8 Traynor speaker - $100 used (actual value not known, gonna see if I can get some sort of rough appraisal on it or something)

I have a feeling that I can get a lot more than $100 for the Traynor stuff.

What do you think I could get for the other stuff? Estimates are welcome. I dunno if I can name a price or not, that might be up to the owner of the store. All of it is in pretty good condition, not roughed up or anything. Also, anyone ever put stuff on consignment? Does it usually sell?

EDIT: http://edsmusicworkshop.com/ - that's where I'm sellin' it, just in case anyone cares.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Mar 29, 2009,
Sell it used on Craigslist and/or Kijiji.
You'll get WAY more money, and it'll probably sell faster.
It's also real secure as you actually meet up with the person you sell it
to instead of shipping it like you would on eBay.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
probably going to be at least a bit up to the owner of the store (though obviously it depends on the store). When i sold my marshall avt, i told the guy what i wanted for it, he said, "hmmm, i'm not sure if it'll get that, i'll put it up for that, but you might have to settle for a little less" (which in the end, i did, but i wasn't too worried as i was just glad to get rid of it).

what price are those things going for new now? that's normally what i base second-hand prices on, plus the condition. normally somewhere between about 40% and 75% of the new price, depending on how sought-after they are second-hand, and the condition- oh, and how quickly you want it to sell. the more time you have the longer you can hold out for your ideal price.

EDIT: i'm not sure if meeting up with the person is safer, he/she might bring a gun with him/her...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
probably going to be at least a bit up to the owner of the store (though obviously it depends on the store). When i sold my marshall avt, i told the guy what i wanted for it, he said, "hmmm, i'm not sure if it'll get that, i'll put it up for that, but you might have to settle for a little less" (which in the end, i did, but i wasn't too worried as i was just glad to get rid of it).

what price are those things going for new now? that's normally what i base second-hand prices on, plus the condition. normally somewhere between about 40% and 75% of the new price, depending on how sought-after they are second-hand, and the condition- oh, and how quickly you want it to sell. the more time you have the longer you can hold out for your ideal price.

EDIT: i'm not sure if meeting up with the person is safer, he/she might bring a gun with him/her...

Well, there was this Traynor 200w tube bass head in there, that looked to be about the same age as mine, and it was $800 consignment. Now, I don't expect that much obviously, since mine's not tube. I'll take suggestions, and look on Kijiji/CL to see what they usually go for.

And ya, I don't wanna meet any crazy people who try to jack my stuff. Not likely, but still.
yeah, it's not likely, but there's always a tiny risk. and yeah, take a look on craigslist, ebay etc. to see what they normally go for. just don't forget that the shop will take a cut (though probably won't be a major problem as you can normally get more in a shop than on ebay, plus ebay has fees anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?