anyone have ideas for crazy/different/cool/odd guitar effects?

i have a couple:
the first is just a variation of a tremelo pedal. what it would do is rapidly cut and un-cut your signal, but give it a percussive boost at the same time, so it sounds like you are picking it, but it would be faster than possible to actually pick

also, a delay pedal that has different effects that can be added to only the delayed notes. for example, you play a note, and you hear the dry signal, then it gets delayed with a step filter or auto-wah sound.

anyone got any others?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I want an overdrive that lights a fire amidst the pubes of those who here it's glory.
I want Super Saiyan abilities
mines not an idea for a crazy effects, its just a pedalboard concept (which might already exist, i dont know)

I'm always thinking how I wish I could have 2 of everything on the board, basically just to mess with the order. For example, have a phaser before distortion and one after, have a couple of dist before and after wah. maybe have a delay before a looper and then one after so I can add delay and reverb to my already recorded loops.

SO what im thinking is a master switcher type deal, like you see in some of the pros pedaboards, except you have the choice to switch the pedal order instead of them being hardwired within the board.

I think itd be freaking sweet! (again I dont know if it already exists)
Quote by rebelmidget
I want an overdrive that lights a fire amidst the pubes of those who here it's glory.

+1
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
a pedal that sounds like a cow..like, you hit an E and its a Moo, and you hit an A, and its a Moo, but in A...
I like the idea of the Devi Ever Rocket fuzz. Its a fuzz/tremolo that responds to your pick attack.
Things like that would be cool, unconventional mixes of effects. Maybe a phaser wah? Cool stuff.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Its not really that crazy of an idea, but I think a multi-effect pedal with quality tone and the capability to re-arrange the effect order would be very cool (ex: being able to put delay before distortion, etc)
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Play your guitar with the rim of a glass cup. Up around the pickups you can get some weird sounds. Just drag it up and down the strings, you don't have to fret anything, just use your fretting hand to mute the strings. You can also play 2 or 3 strings at once.
Last edited by rcw110131 at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by neverspoiled
a pedal that sounds like a cow..like, you hit an E and its a Moo, and you hit an A, and its a Moo, but in A...

call it "steak symphony", id buy it!
Quote by AA00P
Quote by neverspoiled

+1

preventing double post:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Its not really that crazy of an idea, but I think a multi-effect pedal with quality tone and the capability to re-arrange the effect order would be very cool (ex: being able to put delay before distortion, etc)

I think there's actually a multi effects unit that lets you do this, and i wanna say it's boss but I don't know for sure.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Last edited by SlappyMcLardfat at Mar 29, 2009,
dont mean to hijack the thread, but has anybody done this?

get two expression/wah/whammy, whatever pedals and step on them with one under each foot then proceed to rock them back and forth so that the out put of one is going into the other. Obviously it depends on the efects youre using, but it can get pretty crazy!!! maybe a pedal that emultes this sort of crazyness within itself, would be pretty cool.
Quote by rnelson
dont mean to hijack the thread, but has anybody done this?

get two expression/wah/whammy, whatever pedals and step on them with one under each foot then proceed to rock them back and forth so that the out put of one is going into the other. Obviously it depends on the efects youre using, but it can get pretty crazy!!! maybe a pedal that emultes this sort of crazyness within itself, would be pretty cool.

herman li (uggh, i know, sorry it had to be him) sometimes plays a wah and a whammy at the same time (sounds horrible, obviously, but it applies to you)
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw

also, a delay pedal that has different effects that can be added to only the delayed notes. for example, you play a note, and you hear the dry signal, then it gets delayed with a step filter or auto-wah sound.

These do exist (a lot of them actually). All you need is a loop in the delay.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
These do exist (a lot of them actually). All you need is a loop in the delay.

i meant different delays for different repeats, like you'll hear dry, then auto wah, then octave, for example. sorry i wasn't clear
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
herman li (uggh, i know, sorry it had to be him) sometimes plays a wah and a whammy at the same time (sounds horrible, obviously, but it applies to you)

do you have any examples? Not really into dragonforce, but Im curious now...
Quote by rnelson
do you have any examples? Not really into dragonforce, but Im curious now...

he did it in a "through the fire and flaming homosexuals" demonstration, but his tone was so muddy and digital, you couldn't hear the wah
Quote by AA00P