Ok so I was thinking about applying for a job at my local gamestop. Now before I print the resume and apply in person, I would like opinions from anyone whose ever worked there.

Is it a good working condition? Etc...

And pay doesn't really matter to me right now. The best I can get from any place in my area is most likely minimum.
i hate the douche that manages the gamestop near me. just hope we don't live in the same "small town in jersey"
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
checked your profile, not the same as me.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
be ready for ****ing idiots to call you asking you for battletoads

Dang!! that happened at the one in my town too!! lol
Quote by crypticslaughtr
be ready for ****ing idiots to call you asking you for battletoads

The best is listening to people who are too lazy to look asking employees.

Guy: Do you have scarface?
Worker: Did you look? Cause on the shelf behind you, ****in tool.
Quote by Twist of fate
The best is listening to people who are too lazy to look asking employees.

Guy: Do you have scarface?
Worker: Did you look? Cause its on the shelf behind you, ****in tool.

hahahahah i love doing that, or pretending that im interested in buying a game, get it wrang up, and "pretend" to forget my wallet in my car, and just leave.
I have no idea, but please don't be one of the assholes that comments on what they think of the game(s) you're buying, then go on about Halo is the ****.

I'm asking you from the bottom of my E-Heart.
I'd suggest working somewhere a little bit busier... it makes the time go by faster when you're working.
To get the job you have to be able to name every Game Console ever released in the U.S. (assuming you live in the U.S.)
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
Quote by TeslaWolf
I have no idea, but please don't be one of the assholes that comments on what they think of the game(s) you're buying, then go on about Halo is the ****.

I'm asking you from the bottom of my E-Heart.

Of course not, I'm the lazy one that would only do it if they asked. Unless of course they wasted my time. Then I'll go on about how me and my buddies spent the last year playing halo tournaments instead of getting laid.
Just make sure you go in prepared for the interview, I had an interview there and I bombed it.

Let me know if you want their interview questions.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Masamune
You need to be 18 years old I think. According to your profile, you're not.

Checked their site. Their application says "Are you at least 16." The 18+ and High School diploma is for at least assistant manager jobs.
Quote by Twist of fate
Of course not, I'm the lazy one that would only do it if they asked. Unless of course they wasted my time. Then I'll go on about how me and my buddies spent the last year playing halo tournaments instead of getting laid.

Awesome, I've never actually played any tournaments but **** I was addicted to Halo 2 for a long while, not a fan of #3 though, it just doesn't seem right. The only reason I mention Halo in my example is because it seems everyone that complains about games always seems to mention Halo.
Quote by Twist of fate
Checked their site. Their application says "Are you at least 16." The 18+ and High School diploma is for at least assistant manager jobs.

Ok nevermind then.
Quote by TeslaWolf
Awesome, I've never actually played any tournaments but **** I was addicted to Halo 2 for a long while, not a fan of #3 though, it just doesn't seem right. The only reason I mention Halo in my example is because it seems everyone that complains about games always seems to mention Halo.

My friend asked me the other day if I played "Halo 4" yet. haha
Hmmm... I don't think they'd hire anyone under 18.

Anyway, they asked what my favorite television show was. What kind of games I liked to play. What are some pros and cons between each system. And they asked what I would say to someone who came in and wanted to buy a Wii, which is a fairly open ended question, so basically they want a sales pitch.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Yeah, but that's being optimistic, they'll never look at two year old applications, why would they when 99% of those people have another job by then.

Plus good luck getting a job in this economy.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Quote by Twist of fate
My friend asked me the other day if I played "Halo 4" yet. haha

I think he meant the 360 expansion download thang for Halo 3, I was thinking of downloading it if my 360 would ever come back. If it got lost in the mail I'm going to have to kill someone.
Quote by TeslaWolf
I think he meant the 360 expansion download thang for Halo 3, I was thinking of downloading it if my 360 would ever come back. If it got lost in the mail I'm going to have to kill someone.

Yeah but I'm a bit picky with what people call games.
Like COD5 WOW called COD5

It's a pretty honest mistake
Quote by Twist of fate
Yeah but I'm a bit picky with what people call games.
Like COD5 WOW called COD5

It's a pretty honest mistake

I do the same damn thing, and it pisses off everyone I know. I'm a bit sad that I haven't even played World at war yet, my 360 broke before it came out and it sat for a long while before I sent it in. I hope the next COD by IF is just as good as COD4 though. I'm in love with it.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aw.

IMO, COD just keeps getting better. I mean, once the new game comes out, I can't even look at the prequels.

'Tis an awesome series of games, I'm glad IF jumped out of WW2 though, MW is freaking great, its the only FPS I've managed to binge play since Halo 2 came out. PEOPLE MUST FEAR THE MP5.
I currently work there and it really isn't that bad of a job. Decent pay, work around games, and a fair share of the people that come in are cool to talk to. There is a lot of bullshit tedious work that comes with it though, but then again what job doesn't have that?

Oh, and fuck the Battletoads kids. Fuck them up their asses.
What tedious work is there to do?
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

Quote by Twist of fate
Yeah, I'm kinda tired of WW2. Maybe an epic Vietnam theme?
NAPALM!

Guess you have'nt heard of Modern Warfare 2 yet eh? Its not quite Vietnam but...nifty either way.
Quote by Gigatiran
What tedious work is there to do?

When not dealing with customers your time is spent adjusting the walls, filing away games, and alphabetizing the store over and over. It gets really annoying when you just spent an hour organizing a wall then a kid goes up to it and rearranges the entire section. Sometimes I really wish I had a license to kill.
My brother worked there part time. He got four hours a week, and they would never give him more hours.

Then he quit.