If I get a 1000$ guitar, how much should I spend on an amp if I want both to sound good together? Any recommendations for amps would be appreciated.

BTW I play metal.
How much should you spend on an amp?

Whatever the price of a nice naturally high gain tube amp that has the features you want is.

You can find used 6505 and 5150 combos for less than 700 USD,so that's a good place to start.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

How much is your total budget? And what kind of guitar is it?

A used 5150 / 6505 would be ideal.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Sounding good isn't about how much money you spend, it's about finding what you want. You may find it in a Bugera or a Soldano. The quality of the amp does not translate into dollars.
Quote by tigerking615
How much is your total budget? And what kind of guitar is it?

A used 5150 / 6505 would be ideal.

An ideal budget would be under 1500$ for the guitar and amp. The guitar would either be a Kirk Hammet Signature or a Dean From Hell CFH. Maybe a a nice Schecter.

Also remember that I don't play gigs or anything, not even light gigging.
I vote a Bugera, they are sexy.
But it depends, if you are gigging i suggest you match/overshoot the price of your guitar. If its for bedroom practice then it should be somewhere around 3/4 of $1000
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something