i finally got my wings .... i just bought a Dean Soltero for 450 off of craigslist, in brand new condition with hardshell case and everything. these guitars play great, and really do work for pretty much any style of music. i must say although they are extremely beefy... they still dont feel real heavy and are very well balanced . here is a pick of what i have.... i think i got a good deal.. what yall think ? of yeah these pickups sound great as well. very clear with good balance.

the only thing i plan on doing to it right now, is to add black pup trim rings, and a black knob to the toggle switch, since i have it right now with the pup covers off and it doesnt fit being that the pups are black and the trim isnt
Attachments:
dean-s.jpg
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at Mar 29, 2009,
I used to love Deans. In fact, I played a Hardtail today and it felt great! I actually preferred it over the PRS Custom 24 I played in Philly. It was kinda heavy, but it felt more sturdy than heavy. didn't plug it in, but it was nice

Too bad their trem equipped guitars have ****ty ass hardware and literally over half of them are Dime sigs =/
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
way to get a real dean (good $, too) not one that capitalizes on all the 14 year old "RIP Dime" freaks
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i havent ever played one with a trem... but i have heard the same from several people. i have a prs se custom 24 and it plays nice, but the soltero has way more bottom end to it, i am guessing due to the thickness of the body. the 3/4" piece of maple for the top isnt too bad either

guitarsftw: i totally agree. i see people in the music stores reach for the dime series guitars, while they walk past gibson/prs/ernie ball stuff to get there, and i always find myself wandering WTF ??
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at Mar 29, 2009,