Page 1 of 2
Let's hypothetically say that the Exploited were playing in your town for something like $10-15.

Would you go and see them?

I just want to see exactly how disliked these tossers are around here.
I personally think I would go, just for the party and the pit and the booze.

...And the ANARCHY!!!!!!

EDIT: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I FORGOT TO PUT IN A POLL
I don't know who they are...With that being said, I probably wouldn't go.
I didn't go to see them, and I'm glad.

I briefly chatted with some of the people who went, and they were pretty unpleasant characters. I don't associate myself with those types and for good reason.
No, unless there was someone I particularly wanted to see opening.

If they played here, hypothetically, I imagine they would play at the warehouse which is not my favorite place to begin with. It would be an altogether unpleasant experience.
Quote by sargasm
No, unless there was someone I particularly wanted to see opening.

If they played here, hypothetically, I imagine they would play at the warehouse which is not my favorite place to begin with. It would be an altogether unpleasant experience.

Hey Jordan, were you there protesting during that big white power rally or whatever in Calgary recently? Cause that even got to my paper, cause the government was all like "This does not reflect the views of the province of Alberta" or something.
No, unless there was someone good opening.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
if it was cheap and there was nothing else happening, yeah why not? If we get to beat up some ethnic minorities (as I hear Wattie tells everyone to do at all his gigs, which is why he is a nazi), then even better.
If it was in my town I'd go to see the opener and just to have something to do. But if I had to do any traveling to get to the show I wouldn't bother.
I'm sure I've seen people add polls to their threads before. I don't know how they do it, though.
Quote by original=punk
Hey Jordan, were you there protesting during that big white power rally or whatever in Calgary recently? Cause that even got to my paper, cause the government was all like "This does not reflect the views of the province of Alberta" or something.

Yeah I was there.

The government is lying btw. They're fascists too.
I'd probably go to see the opener(s), because it's boring as **** where I live and there's nothing better to do.
I'd probably go.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by sargasm
Yeah I was there.

The government is lying btw. They're fascists too.

I don't know much about the albertan government, all I know is that ontario's sucks.
hell to the no...waste money on that ****...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
No. I love their music, and really, they are definatly a classic punk rock band, but they are rasict ****ers and I don't support that. I would see the Bad Brains though...

Seriously, Discharge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Exploited
I made the mistake of going to an Exploited show... never again.

They sounded like a bad metal band covering exploited songs.

Also, Wattie had a boner the ENTIRE set.
Quote by Aggressivec
No. I love their music, and really, they are definatly a classic punk rock band, but they are rasict ****ers and I don't support that. I would see the Bad Brains though...

So you wouldn't see racist assholes, but you'd see homophobic assholes?
I'd go, if only to hit on silly skinheads. Then once I had them under my spell, I would make them listen to acid house and they would melt like the witch in the Wizard of Oz.
Quote by devourthekitten
I'd go, if only to hit on silly skinheads. Then once I had them under my spell, I would make them listen to acid house and they would melt like the witch in the Wizard of Oz.

I know a fair few ex-skinheads and casuals (the sort of evolution of skinhead (sort of)) who were into acid house, my dad for one. Casuals especially, who made up ALOT of the acid house crowd.

Unless you mean like blitzkrieg 88 (lol our super secret code says heil hitlers, dont tell anyone) skinheads, in which case, they arent likely to be at exploited gigs with the scruffy scrounging punx.
I would go. Mainly out of curiousity to see all the kiddies at the show, i'd love to get wasted and pit to the Exploited actually, it probably would be bad ass. But as I have heard, they went "Metal" (yeah right) in the 80's and have been playing that card ever since.

Plus I would like to see Wattie for myself before judging him, for I am not ignorant.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I would see them. I love them and w/o them i wouldnt listen to punk at all. THEY got me into it(along with The Adicts). i know they suck live, but i would go.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
^
You good sir , have just made my day. I heard about that album but have never actually gotten to listen to it. I'll never be able to listen to Search and Destroy or "Lubey Soho " the same way ever again.
I`l definitely go, they kick ass !!!!!!!!!!!!
**** the USA is one of my favourite punk songs

edit: are they seriously Nazis ?
Last edited by mastaofrocknrol at Apr 5, 2009,
Quote by mastaofrocknrol
I`l definitely go, they kick ass !!!!!!!!!!!!
**** the USA is one of my favourite punk songs

edit: are they seriously Nazis ?

im pretty sure that falls into the "shock" part of punk back in the day. i dont think they were actuall nazis, as most bands werent
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Yeah they came later than that shock bollocks. I doubt they're racist. My bird knows everything so i'll ask her.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Page 1 of 2