I wrote this song in about an hour today, in a feeble attempt to stop sucking at songwriting. It's my first actual attempt at writing a song, so please go a little easy.

I was mainly trying to go for a Muse and Megadeth mesh in sound, but I wouldn't be surprised if I failed miserably. The song's only about 3 minutes, and the lyrics are on on the 4th track.

C4C, don't get mad if I don't get to you right away, I will.

Also, this is my first time posting, so if I did anything wrong, please let me know. :[

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand I forgot to attach it hold on

Edit 2: Attached
Attachments:
The Soldier.zip
Last edited by Wiegraf at Mar 29, 2009,
It was a sick song man. I can see how the lyrics could easily be sung along with the song, it flows pretty good.
I'm not a lead guitarist, so I can't critique the phrasing of the solo, but it sounded good to me.
All in all I would say it's a very good song, especially for your first try. Definitely add more lyrics though.
Other than that I really liked it, great job
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
Riff at bar 8 is awesome! But not as good as what you have going on starting at bar 17, I loved it the first time I heard it (I think I listened to it 4 times over haha, good job!)

I liked where the solo was going but one thing I found I didn't like about it is how you went back to the same root note everytime there was long note hold (ex: bars 41, 53, 57, 59), BUT having said this it's a good solo all round, especially when you kick it into high gear at bar 52, fantastic!

The outro riff (bar 76) was sub par compared to the rest of the song but the Bass made up for it, the bassline for it was superb. My only advice is perhaps change the drums, add in another riff, fiddle around with the solo a bit (just a suggestion) and maybe do some harmonization.

7.5/10

crit a song from my latest album? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095241
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."