Page 1 of 2
Im sick of all the speed freaks on guitar. Who is the slowest player...eg the guy from Crowbar
Me...
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
my guess is someone dead.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
probably someone from some noise/drone bad, you know where it's like "just stand there and let your guitar feed back for 30 minutes"
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
dave gilmour has been criticised for being slow. but its beautiful, and he can shred a bit

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Quote by Callo
dave gilmour has been criticised for being slow. but its beautiful, and he can shred a bit

I'll take Gilmour's playing over Buckethead/Vai/Satchriani/insert shred player any day.
Quote by Fretbuzzer
Im sick of all the speed freaks on guitar. Who is the slowest player...eg the guy from Crowbar

Crowbar? Which Crowbar?
Quote by witchfinder
the guys from sunn o)))

I was gonna say the exact same thing.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
speed is not the most important thing, but sadly in todays music it has become very important that it can sacrifice melody just for the sake of shred

personally i hate bands that shred just for the sake of shredding, i find that music pretty boring

its ok to shred but one must use shred very carefully, and only when it can actually fit the song and complement it nicely, so the song isnt the shred but the shred actually forms part of the song, i dont know if u understand, very few bands can actually pull this off correctly
mr eric clapton, he didn't earn the nickname slowhand for nothing.....
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by andresbejar
speed is not the most important thing, but sadly in todays music it has become very important that it can sacrifice melody just for the sake of shred

personally i hate bands that shred just for the sake of shredding, i find that music pretty boring

its ok to shred but one must use shred very carefully, and only when it can actually fit the song and complement it nicely, so the song isnt the shred but the shred actually forms part of the song, i dont know if u understand, very few bands can actually pull this off correctly

Wow, I agree with you. In other news, irrelevant post much?
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

I'm sorry, but that was just terrible.

That's what I thought.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Gilmour says himself he isn't a fast player, but he is one of the best because of it.

Clapton's nickname came from when playing in Cream if he broke a string the rest of the band would keep the groove going and the crowd would do the slow hand clap thing, so they just started calling him Slowhand.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by Snake_42
Les Paul?

He is like ninety now after all.

He's actually pretty fast still. I guess he plays every week at some jazz club.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

I'm sorry, but that was just terrible.

yea, pretty much I saw someone mention them a while back, and of course I had to look em up and see what they're like I don't see how they call it metal, it doesn't really represent any musical style because it's so slow it can't have a melody or rhythm and it doesn't really convey any feeling, unless you can get something out of holding out some feedback for 5 minutes
some drone metal guitarist id say. u dont have to be fast to be good...i love electric wizard more than dragonforce
I'm Sam
Adam Jones. And I love him for that.
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
slowhand
to people of UG
- before you accuse me, remember I'm 17
Retards
Attempting
Poetry
Slowhand is not slow, watch his live concerts and he doesnt have a bad pace.

I would say Tracey Chapman, all her songs are pretty slow, but have decent guitar in them
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Dimebag

This combined with your sig gives me the ultimate lulz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
to be honest in the UK underground scene, slow tempos are peaking in appearances.

i think slow music has much more passion than fast fast fast shred music,

Also, audiences are starting to appriciate the feel of the whole song more than how many notes are being played on the 6 stringer now.

Well this concerns metal anyway, actually maybe not for the 80s thrash kids who only believe in music at 220bpm.

Crowbar is a great example.
listen to the 2nd half of self-inflicted by them.
then you'll understand the term 'negi' ( it means negative)
Page 1 of 2