So I was thinking recently.

Let's say you bought a brand new Strat, totally standard. Logo, text, everything. Now let's say you proceeded to mod the hell out of that guitar - modded it so much that the only original part is the neck, with the logo and serial number. You would still call it a real Fender Strat, and the same one too, wouldn't you?

By logic, if I buy a real Strat neck for a project - complete with logo and number - it becomes the Stratocaster that the neck left the factory attached to.

Yes? No? Opinions?
what about the body? youd need an official neck and body I'd think
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
you would have to say it's a strat neck with different body, pickups, or whatever.

you can't say it's a straight up strat, cause it's definitly not a stock strat.

and there seems to be more parts that aren't strat parts....so that makes it a custom guitar with a strat neck on it I'd say.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
yeah... I'd think you could change out all the electronic and other metalic and plasticy parts etc but the neck AND body would be necessary for it to remain a Strat IMO
Guitars:
Legend Guitar Company OM-307QM,
Gitane John Jorgenson Gypsy Jazz Guitar,
Ibanez AG-85,
Gibson Johnny A Signature Custom

Gear:
E-MU 1820M, Guitar Box Pro, Aphex 204, 1404, Boss OC-2, QSR, Roland Cube 60, Guitar Rig 2, Crybaby 535Q
It's a modded strat.

Just like my Valve Junior running no stock parts except the PCB and Power Transformer, with a 6V6 in parallel with the EL84, is a modded valve junior.

If you switch out a body, that's a little different. In that case, to save time, just name the guitar.