Page 1 of 2
Ok for about the last year or so i've been kinda on off smoking.
I've never felt the NEED to have one ive just kinda done it when with friends and stuff.
Recently though i've been doing it a lot more and dabbling with green.
I dont know if im addicted and i dont know what it feels like to be addicted so i was wondering if you guys can enlighten me?
Quote by MastaBassist10
^Spoons are awesome. Not as cool as forks, but pretty cool.

you posted a thread about it. your way past addiction now
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
The first step is denial.

We're here for you.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
urll know when ur addicted, if ur not sure ur probably not. unless ur in deanil or something.

stop now if it bothers you that much
Quote by lmweed20
urll know when ur addicted, if ur not sure ur probably not. unless ur in deanil or something.

stop now if it bothers you that much

Doesnt bother me im just curious
Quote by MastaBassist10

now it's the last time to stop dude!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Try going a few days without it, if you can't then you're addicted and should probably seek help.

Personally i'm told I must be addicted to Dr.Pepper, but I can stop anytime I want man ...
Quote by aaciseric

Personally i'm told I must be addicted to Dr.Pepper, but I can stop anytime I want man ...

Doctor Pepper is bad, seriously, it's been proven to decrease your sperm count
Quote by flashmdg

Dude, why do people in the pit need sperm? It's not like there's ever gonna be any mini-pit-monkeys.
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
It's actually pretty dumb if you have to ask if you're addicted, that's what they're designed for.

Stop smoking and stop buying them, if you find yourself going out of the way to get them, you're addicted.

You should feel physical discomfort and uneasiness.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by pontino
Dude, why do people in the pit need sperm? It's not like there's ever gonna be any mini-pit-monkeys.

QFT. The lower sperm count just gives us excuses.
Dr. Pepper FTW.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Its hard to tell at first, these past few months I took up smoking too, and I feel like I can actually say I'm addicted now. You kind of just know. Hell I just went through a pack in two days, about to smoke the last one right now. You can always quit though, addiction is just in your head. I've gotten off of more addicting substances before, you just need willpower.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by flashmdg

... oh.

Quote by pontino

Thanks for that, but yeah, you're probably right.
Try not doing it for a while. If you can't, you are as far as I'm concerned addicted.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
cheers guys
Quote by MastaBassist10

oh yeah and another tip that i was addicted was when i ran out of smokes and went down to the super market and took half smoked cigarettes out of the ash trays >.>
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Chances are that you are
70% of people who try smoking get addicted
Only 20% of attempts to quit are successful for 2 years.

This is coming from a smoker who quit and has now started again
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I've just gone a week without a cigarette, and I'm now sitting at my laptop with a packet in front of me, sniffing them, waiting to have one when my friend gets here in 5 minutes. I've been dying this last week. I'd call that addiction.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
I've just gone a week without a cigarette, and I'm now sitting at my laptop with a packet in front of me, sniffing them, waiting to have one when my friend gets here in 5 minutes. I've been dying this last week. I'd call that addiction.

I haven't had one in a week either, and I'm surprised to say that I got no cravings at all. Didn't bother me for a second. Even when hanging out with my mates who were smoking. I ran out 2 weeks ago and said I wouldn't buy any till I've finished my essays next week.
I was badly addicted when I was younger. I started at like 13 and gave up at 15 because of my gf. It was really ****ing hard, I used to buy the gum but it did nothing
I started again when I came to uni though, it makes for a cheaper night out.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
No mate you aren't addicted.

You'll KNOW when you are addicted.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Chances are that you are
70% of people who try smoking get addicted
Only 20% of attempts to quit are successful for 2 years.

This is coming from a smoker who quit and has now started again

Yay, I'm one of the 30%.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
For TS bypassing all replies:

If you think you're addicted, you ARE addicted.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
it should be pretty obvious. To get irritable and angry when you go for a bit without any? Do you get headaches, etc. if you dont have any?

If yes then youre addicted.

Also: Why do people ask the Pit for everything?
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx

Also: Why do people ask the Pit for everything?

'Cus it's funny.
Yes TS you probably are addicted by now but what the hell does dabbling in ganja have to do with addiction to cigarettes?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Ez0ph
addiction is just in your head.

This is true, or at least mostly true.
Addiction is usually a pretty much psychological game that your body and your mind is playing. If you can find something else to occupy your time then you'll find that you never crave one at all.
When you know you haven't got any left the need creeps up on you and takes you over.
Trust me, most of it is in your head and you just need to find a reason to get off them. I've found one: it isn't easy but it's worth it
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Didn't think I was addicted to cigarettes at all until I went two days without one. I couldn't sleep at night and was sweating... After the 4th day it got better though and I went a week without, but then I went back to uni and got drunk and yada yada yada, well at least it isn't 20 a day anymore. I don't see the point of quitting while I'm at university though
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
i was at the stage you where about 2 weeks ago, so i tried going without for a few days and it was hard at first but its cool now.

i dont like it anymore, not worth the 5 minute buzz.

id cut down so you dont get addicted. once i realised i was needing them i classified that as addiction, and my enjoyment of tobacco just evaporated, i hate the things now.
Smoking addiction is quite subtle, I've been smoking for about 5 years and have never felt as though I NEED a cigarette, however even if I stop for 2 or 3 weeks I will eventually end up smoking again. Then again everyone is different and some people get massive cravings
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
addicted to weed lol
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
If you haven't had a smoke all day, and you're constantly thinking of cigarettes, you could say you're addicted.

How old are you by the way? I hate to sound like a condescending (and hypocritical) prick, but if you're, say, 16 or younger, I wouldn't dabble with the green too much. I'm no scientist, but many of the folk I knew who got high on most days are noticeably slower than most. I would say its ok to do it every now and then however, speaking purely from a personal viewpoint. I think its just best not to fuck with your head too much while its still developing.
...Bleep Bloop...
Honestly, I had the same problem, I smoked for quite a while, just kinda wanted it, never really NEEDED it....

And then I decided to quit. The first week or so kind of sucked, I go angry really easy, and wanted a cig really bad (still not needing it). After the first week or two, I was fine though...
UG's HIPPIE
Jump to weed and save yourself in the long run. Try having friends around you as often as possible and tell them to never let you smoke.
I smoked a $5 pack of cigarettes last night in about 2 hours.

Fuck my life.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
I smoked a $5 pack of cigarettes last night in about 2 hours.

Fuck my life.

I smoked 90 pounds of weed and went to ice cream land!
FTW
Page 1 of 2