i want to change out the stock pickups in my '86 japanese strat, they sound a bit dead in my opinion.

the sound im looking for is that classic vintage twangy strat sound, that sounds good with plenty of gain, im basically after the sound of Joe Bonamassa's strat from the New day yesterday live album. ive now experience with strat pickups so i dont really now what im looking for.

ive mainly looked at Dimarzio so far (i was very happy with my Evo's) mainly the True Velvets, Area 58/61 and the Virtual Vintage.

from the sound bytes it seems more likely that il go for the True Velvets, but i dunno, theres lots of other companies out there!

if any could help id greatly appreciate it! thanks!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
thanks, they look interesting, lots of options too, im most intrigued by the Swingin' Hot's, but waiting on a reply from Corduroy
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg