I really love the feel of my squier so I am thinking of getting a MiM strat. There is a store near me (www.justmusic.net.au) which has a massive range of fenders and they have them for the cheapest I can find in Perth. I was thinking of getting a HSS or maybe a HH strat if they have one. Are the necks on MiM strats made out of the same wood and finished the same as squier ones?

EDIT: forgot to mential all the guitars on that site are 2nd hand. New MiM strats cost about $900
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Mar 29, 2009,
Usually maple with a vintage tint or clear gloss is the standard neck for a Fender model.Also,if you can find an MIJ instead of an MIM go for that,better quality all around on the MIJ models.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

All the MiJ models I found had a floyd.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
All the MiJ models I found had a floyd.

Double locking trem?

Looks like you stumbled upon those 80's shredocasters they made for a while.At least I think those models were MIJ.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

What are US Highway one strats like? $1300 seems really cheap for a MiA?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
What are US Highway one strats like? $1300 seems really cheap for a MiA?

IIRC the highway one isn't 100% MIA.The parts are made in Mexico,and then inspected and assembled in America.That being said,they're pretty nice guitars,sometimes on par with the MIJ series IMO.Just be sure to try before you buy since you never know if it's a lemon or not.

if i were you i'd spend the MIM money on a tube amp

if you like your squier then stick with it. by the sounds of it you got lucky and got one of the good ones that are out there
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Double locking trem?

Looks like you stumbled upon those 80's shredocasters they made for a while.At least I think those models were MIJ.

Oops, my MIM strat has a double locking trem

Not all MIJs have double locking trem. They still do make MIJs, or CIJs. They're pretty cool. I dnt think they are easy to find in Australia though.

To TS, if you really like your squier, why not stick to it? Anyways, if you're looking for
a good HSS strat, try out those MIM fat strats, closest thing to you're squier in terms of body wood ( Alder ) i guess. Secondhand's not a bad idea too, judging that guitars are quite expensive in Australia. Just remember to try it out and really make sure its the one. Happy Hunting.
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Mar 29, 2009,
Squiers have agathis bodies and mine also has a lot of dead frets with no sustain at all.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by GuitarGuy X
Oops, my MIM strat has a double locking trem

Not all MIJs have double locking trem. They still do make MIJs, or CIJs. They're pretty cool.

To TS, if you really like your squier, why not stick to it? Anyways, if you're looking for
a good HSS strat, try out those MIM fat strats, closest thing to you're squier in terms of body wood i guess. Secondhand's not a bad idea too, judging that guitars are quite expensive in Australia. Just remember to try it out and really make sure its the one. Happy Hunting.

I know that

But if it's an old MIJ model with an FR trem then it's likely an old 80's model,that was called "The Strat" or something like that.I never mentioned anything about MIM's or them having or not having FR trems,so I don't really see where the "Oops" comes from.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I know that

But if it's an old MIJ model with an FR trem then it's likely an old 80's model,that was called "The Strat" or something like that.I never mentioned anything about MIM's or them having or not having FR trems,so I don't really see where the "Oops" comes from.

Sorry dude, just a joke. Hope you didnt take it as an insult.