I am looking for a single coil humbucker for a strat I really enjoy playing. The stock pickups are way too weak. I really like the sound of an EMG 81 or 85. So I want to get a pickup that sounds close to that but I want a single coil sized humbucker.

So I looked around and found SD Hot Rails and many generic hot rails for sale and some EMG single coils, Fender Red lace sensors. From everyones experience on here what single coil sized humbucker will sound as close to an EMG 81 or 85 as possible?
Duncan livewire 18 volt single coil = Teh br00talz

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

i would just buy a new emg loaded pickguard they have ones with an 81 bridge i think then 2 single coils.. idk check em out if your interested
EMG singles are not really like their buckers. Classic user is Gilmour as they add depth and give a warmer sound. Hot Rails are versatile from classic rock to metal. Don't know about Livewires.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I think seymour duncan makes a Jb pup that fits into a single coil slot. Whatever u get, just make sure you get an actual humbucker like a hot rails than an actual single coil(some emg sc's)
Quote by raoulsanchez
i would just buy a new emg loaded pickguard they have ones with an 81 bridge i think then 2 single coils.. idk check em out if your interested

This.
Your Strat is probably routed for HSS.

You want this (EMG-KH20 81/S/S Pickguard)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.