So I was playing on the high E string yesterday just trying to get some nice bends in and I put my ring finger down on the string normally and bam, my finger split open and there was some blood there so I wiped it up and it was like an immense paper cut and now I can't use that finger cuz everytime I put it down it is a sharp stinging pain. Is there a way to speed up the process of healing or cover it up so it is playable cuz im going out for band practice soon.
Bandaide? or some sort of bandage **** and wrap it tightly around? might wanna clean it too. You could always work through the pain though. I'm surprised your finger just split open, are your fingers made of butter?
"I play guitar" - Me
replace your bones with admantium

but seriously, i think polysporin makes creams that speed the healing of cuts
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by Soulinfector
Bandaide? or some sort of bandage **** and wrap it tightly around? might wanna clean it too. You could always work through the pain though. I'm surprised your finger just split open, are your fingers made of butter?

I know it was real strange :/ it has never happened before... but with a bandaid I wouldnt be able to play right?
Either his finger are made of butter or he's in the need of some new strings

I used to have a similar problem when i used to bite my nails all the time, just get a shed load of ducktape and wrap it round the end of your finger as tightly as possible (without cutting off the circulation of course), it will take a bit of getting used to but give it an hour or so and you should be fine

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
I remember the same thing happening to me when I first started tapping. I'd been practicing all day and it just wore my skin down till it started bleeding. Give it a couple of days to rest and when your skin grows back it'll be thicker.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
The quickest way would be to stop playing guitar and let it heal. If you keep putting pressure on it, its only going to take longer.
Quote by ofXoneblood
super glue

+1 to this. Putting the right amount on is the trick. Not enough and it'll still hurt. Too much and it'll feel really weird, or at least thats what I find.
Quote by leephan
The quickest way would be to stop playing guitar and let it heal. If you keep putting pressure on it, its only going to take longer.

+1
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com