Im about to buy a new guitar soon-im thinking about ibanez and bc rich and im not sure which one to choose-at start i wanted to get bc rich warlock KK signature cause i wanted to get slayer's sound etc. however ive heard alot of bad things about bc rich and also someone told me i can get similiar/same sound with ibanez and im kinda confused now.
what do you ppl think? bc rich or ibanez? if ibanez,which one?
ive got about 700$ to spend.
Definitely Ibanez. Warlocks are pretty much a waste of money, in my opinion. Ibanez are really versatile and they last a long time.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
If you're buying high end, BC Rich is the way to go, it's just their low end stuff that sucks.
Anyway, for $700, you could get a nice NJ Series BC Rich, and they're all great guitars.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
If you're buying high end, BC Rich is the way to go, it's just their low end stuff that sucks.
Anyway, for $700, you could get a nice NJ Series BC Rich, and they're all great guitars.

this.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
As far as I know, the upper middle end of BC Rich isn't too bad. But I'd still take an ibanez first. They feel better to me. Any way you can go out and play them both?

And what kind of amp do you have?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
amp-fender
unfortunately i cannot play any of those cause i live in a small city very far from any decent place where i can buy a guitar so i gotta order one :/
Yeah that happens sometimes. Try ordering through musiciansfriend where you can return it within 40 days if you don't like it. And what kind of Fender? A frontman? If it is, and I'm assuming you want to play metal, you might want to put some money towards a more metal based practice amp and go with a slightly cheaper ibanez, but that's just my opinion. Amps are more important to sound than guitars and fingers are more important that anything. You might be more satisfied with a more metal geared amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
its fender 212 R frontman,im ordering it by friend who works in small music shop near mine place
I wouldn't buy that amp, its not really suitable at all for what you want
Quote by Sporkling
I wouldn't buy that amp, its not really suitable at all for what you want

This.That amp wont be able to do high gain very well IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Try to look for a used high end Korea made BC.Rich they're killer!
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
there is nothing wrong with warlocks, the bronze series is the only one that sucks pretty bad, imo, the higher end ones are AMAZING, i had a hard time putting one down.
on topic. id say go for the bc rich.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Yeah that happens sometimes. Try ordering through musiciansfriend where you can return it within 40 days if you don't like it. And what kind of Fender? A frontman? If it is, and I'm assuming you want to play metal, you might want to put some money towards a more metal based practice amp and go with a slightly cheaper ibanez, but that's just my opinion. Amps are more important to sound than guitars and fingers are more important that anything. You might be more satisfied with a more metal geared amp.
Yeah, I think you ll get a better value for money if u go with an ibanez generally and your choice of amp is perhaps odd for metal, so you could go with a cheaper ibanez and a more suitable amp which would still kick ass.
get a vypyr + ibanez rgr321ex (for fixed) or any of those up there for FR
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Get a Xiphos.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by Artemis Entreri
You haven't ordered it yet?

i meant ive already got that amp and im going to order the guitar by a friend :p
sorry for confusing you guys

so i think ill take a warlock-whats the price that i have to pay for 'good' bc rich guitar?
BC Rich NJ V Jr.

$800, but save up for it. Well worth it.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Recon _/
its fender 212 R frontman,im ordering it by friend who works in small music shop near mine place

I have that amp and you can get metal tones out of it quite easily. You will need a distortion pedal however as the amp's distortion doesn't really go past "rough" overdrive.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
how is this even a question to be asked?? IBANEZ.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200