Hello,

silly I know, but I would like to start my activity here by a request about this song's guitar effects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYtFgo44ws

The two guitars, I cant seem to be able to identify the overdrive/distortion or what-not-else might be there.

Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated; the song captivates me to quite an extent!

Thank you!
The opening guitar sounds like just a standard clean tone with reverb and played with a slide. The distorted chords are just played with the volume slowly applied after the chords struck, or a swell gate which automatically adjusts the volume after a notes played
Indeed, you did confirm my guess about that slide. But how about the distorted sound specifically? Would you say it's only some simple distortion or maybe an overdrive or a combination?
Its -that- sound that is so fascinating to me. That heavy dark (not metal sounding) distortion.

Thanks for your reply!
Quote by Deception181
The opening guitar sounds like just a standard clean tone with reverb and played with a slide. The distorted chords are just played with the volume slowly applied after the chords struck, or a swell gate which automatically adjusts the volume after a notes played

That. IDK though, sounds fakish to me, like the fake synthesized distortions on Fruity Loops, IDK if you've ever used FL to make loops and hooks or not...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Thanks for the help so far!

But let me try to rephrase my original request: If I wanted to have a sound similar to that distorted guitar, what effects should I look for, specifically? If there are any which have such sound, that is.
Could you be slightly more specific please?

I have been looking at quite some fuzzes though I was unable to find one sounding like this. At least remotely.

Any concrete fuzz it might be? At least remotely. Please! Thank you!
Quote by Deception181
The distorted chords are just played with the volume slowly applied after the chords struck, or a swell gate which automatically adjusts the volume after a notes played

That^^^. Sounds like any other distortion pedal. Go to GC and try out their pedal boards.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
This is just basic droning. All you need is reverb, delay and fuzz. A looper if you want to do some layering. Set your reverb to max, volume swell with delay, repeat.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
If you REALLY like ambient styles like this, go to the Post-rock thread

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments