I recently bought a mesa boogie single rectifier head and a 8 ohm single 12" 90w c90 cabinet as well. I'm really enjoying it, though the head has a slave out, and I've been wondering about how to use it to get different tones. I have a randall head and a 4x12 8ohm 200w cabinet as well. I was wondering, if I took the mesa head, plugged one of the cabinets into the 8 ohm output on the back, ran a cable from the slave output on the mesa into the guitar input on the front of the randall head, and hooked the randall to the other cabinet, would I hurt my randall head? I dunno if it'd sound good at all, but I'd like to give it a shot, assuming it won't hurt anything( I don't know how hot the signal from the mesa's slave out is).

Another question I have is that the mesa cab has a paralleled output on the back, if I connect the mesa cab to the head and run the paralleled output on the mesa cab into the randall cab, would the impedence match up? Or would I be better off just plugging each of the cabinets into the 4ohm outputs on the back of the mesa head?
I thought I listed all the impedences necessary, the mesa head has two 4ohm outs and an 8ohm out, both cabs have an 8ohm in, the randal head has an 8ohm out.
i think that the slave out from the mesa should be run into the FX return of the randall, not the guitar input. this is what metallica did with their mark IIC+'s and JCM800's on MoP
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well that would work for making it louder, thought would it really change the tone at all? cause that's what I'm trying to experiment with.
^it would, it would give you the clarity of a solid state poweramp i guess, if thats what you want. i dont think it would really sound much better, but you asked and thats how it would work, so try it out...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I wouldn't even do it. I might would use both heads with a Y switch or something. I think the rectifier preamp sounds better anyway. But I guess it's all personal. Do you want it for tone reasons or do you want to do it just because you got both and you think it'll look cool?
I just wanna try it out, simply because I can in the hope that it could sound really awesome, but I mean I didn't like buy the rectifier with this in mind.