You tune down until you have your guitar in drop B. It's stupid though, since it's pointless.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
go down a 2 tones, whole notes, from drop d tuning. you might want to go to Bb just cause its more conventional. go to wikipedia and type in guitar tuning and it gives you a wide variety
|----0-|
|10----|

I Forgot how to say it all
Its just 10th on E, Down tune it until the 10th on E is the same as the A.

OmNomNom!

Yhbbz
obviously, you get 12 gauge strings then detune them until theyre spaghetti.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
7 string is drop A...

*FAIL*
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
7 string is drop A...

*FAIL*

You should do some research before insulting someone else otherwise you risk looking like an idiot. 7-string standard tuning consists of low B-E-A-D-G-F-E. There is no drop. I've been playing for 25 years and have never heard of ANY player ever dropping a 7-string.

Now the band Bury Your Dead play in Bb standard and then on the last album played A standard but no drop (Jeff Loomis - Nevermore plays in Bb standard as well) and typically it's played in B-standard.
when you drop the 7th string its DROP A
e
b
g
d
A
e
A

not B as sk8nalmost1394 said

DROP B is
c#
g#
e
B
f#
B

now if you look above...

i believe TS requested DROP B
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by LReiter
You tune down until you have your guitar in drop B. It's stupid though, since it's pointless.

is not pointless. xDD
Take a look in the tuning thread in the techniques forum. It's explained really well in there.

lol at justlivin.
Quote by opusthecat
You should do some research before insulting someone else otherwise you risk looking like an idiot. 7-string standard tuning consists of low B-E-A-D-G-F-E. There is no drop. I've been playing for 25 years and have never heard of ANY player ever dropping a 7-string.

Now the band Bury Your Dead play in Bb standard and then on the last album played A standard but no drop (Jeff Loomis - Nevermore plays in Bb standard as well) and typically it's played in B-standard.

no... 7-string standard is

BEADGBE.

And plenty of deathcore bands play in drop a on 7's. Suicide silence, red chord, etc.

And to go to drop B on a 6, you tune 6 strings up not down, but drop A is increidbly easy, just like drop D on a 6.

and an 8-stringer goes:

F#BEADGBE

10 stringer (various tunings, no set 'standard')

ADF#BEADGBE

mind you 10-string BC Richs are different, its just like a 6 string, but there are 4 strings that are paired (D, G, B, & E)

please learn about 7 strings and ERG's before you post about them

To TS:

To tune to drop B,

1. Go to Drop D. (7th fret 6th string = open 5th string)
2. Tune the rest relative to the D (5th fret 6th = open 5, 5th fret 5th = open 4... etc, same as standard)
3. Youre now in D Standard, a great tuning for death metal. Now, to get drop C, tune the 6ht string (again) down to 7th fret = open 5th string.
4. Repeat step 2 to get to C# Standard (C#F#BEG#C#)
5. Drop the 6th string to 7th fret = open 5th string.

You are now in drop B, might want to put some .12 gauge strings on there though, or adjust your truss rod if youll be keeping it here.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Last edited by Colton165 at Apr 1, 2009,
Quote by LightningboltX
1- B
2- F#
3-d
4-a
5-e
6- B

wrong. the above is B standard
1-c#
2-G#
3-e
4-b
5-F#
6-b
Last edited by El_KINGG33 at Mar 31, 2009,
Quote by Colton165

To tune to drop B,

1. Go to Drop D. (7th fret 6th string = open 5th string)
2. Tune the rest relative to the D (5th fret 6th = open 5, 5th fret 5th = open 4... etc, same as standard)
3. Youre now in D Standard, a great tuning for death metal. Now, to get drop C, tune the 6ht string (again) down to 7th fret = open 5th string.
4. Repeat step 2 to get to C Standard (CFA#D#GC)
5. Drop the 6th string to 7th fret = open 5th string.

You are now in drop B, might want to put some .12 gauge strings on there though, or adjust your truss rod if youll be keeping it here.

WRONG. You have to be in C# Standard to drop the low string a full step to get into drop B...not C Standard.

I.e. C# standard C#F#BEG#C#....then drop the low string to B
ah yeah sorry i was telling him to go to drop A#/Bb.

My bad
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
just wikipedia the thing and it come up with a variety including drop B standard and the Bb way.
7 strings are BEADGBE tuned standard. I play mine in ADADGBE which is just drop D with an extra low A as well. I did for a while play in drop B tuning and used my first string as an extra high note.
yeh, hes right, BEADGBE is standard for a 7 string guitar.
But what is the point in them? i think there a wast of time.
From what I know..

Drop B - B, F#, B, E, G#, C#

Why the hell is that pointless? I love drop b. Standard 7 string is BEADGBE isn't it?

The only Drop A i've heard of is Korn, they play in ADGCFAD
Quote by Cb4rabid
From what I know..

Drop B - B, F#, B, E, G#, C#

Why the hell is that pointless? I love drop b. Standard 7 string is BEADGBE isn't it?

The only Drop A i've heard of is Korn, they play in ADGCFAD

no, 7strings are pointless. i havnt even tuned my guitar to drop b yet, because i dont know how. How meny frets down is it?
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/864120/drop_b_tuning_for_metal_guitar_free_online_lessons/

Why be so difficult?

In frets you go 5 down on the low E, 4 frets on the A string, 4 frets on the D string, 4 frets on the G string, 4 frets on the B string and then 4 frets on the E string. If im correct your in Drop B tuning then
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at May 7, 2009,
Quote by LReiter

This summed it up perfectly
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.