I am thinking about replacing my neck pickup from my sg to a gibson p90. but I want it to be more trebly than bassy. are p90s trebly? I want single coils to make this a more versatile guitar...I was thinking of getting a fender telecaster, but it would cost a lot more than replaceing the pickup..

also how much does it cost to actually install the pickup and how long does it take? I would be doing it at guitar center.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
p90's aren't really that trebly, they're more smooth and mellow. It might be better getting some kind of straight up fender-style single coil.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
how about the p94s then?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Is the P94 the Humbucker fitting one? See, a P90 is wider and slimmer than a 'bucker and it won't be a nice fit. I know this 'cos I did it on one of my guitars with a DiMarzio soap bar. Actually, that might suit you best as you can coil tap it for a brighter sound or have it full for a strong bluesy mellowness.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

p90s are still very "gibsony", even though they're single coils. if you're after fender-style single coil tones, you're likely to be dissapointed...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?