Page 1 of 2
Alex Vik
UG's Zoidberg
4,967 IQ
Backstory: My church has an annual bbq coming up soon, and my dad (who's part of the group organizing the event) suggested maybe we have live music this year. Now, as long as it's not raining of course, we're going to need some songs that are easy to learn and aren't as horrible as some of the songs we have every week. We've got a lead guitarist, rhythm guitarist, bassist, drummer, and 1 (maybe 2) female singer(s). Anyone know any songs that would be good for a group like that? They don't even have to be standard Christian songs, stuff like Higher Ground would work too my dad said.

tl;dr - Need good easy songs that relate to Christianity (in a positive way) to learn as a band.
jakewynnrocks
1,094 IQ
kutless's worship album, strong tower. maybe even disciple, flyleaf, impending doom...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
SunDrop
KBlade
132 IQ
the devil wears prada.
underoath.

just kidding. just youtube christian artist or somethin, theres tons out there.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Some Sufjan Stevens would be pretty cool if you guys can pull that off.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
fowles06
Rox Title!
25 IQ
as I lay dying are christian

although they kinda suck...
My signature sucks.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Quote by piratemetalhead
When Satan Rules His World- Deicide

Haha you're so funny.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Quote by fav13andac1)c
Thriving Ivory. Switchfoot. Both are really popular even on mainstream.

I agree with this post. I don't really like Switchfoot, but I can respect them. John Foreman has some pretty good solo stuff.

madhampster
Yes, I know it's hamster.
229 IQ
You could always go with the obligatory hillsong.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
gtmustang2006
81 IQ
Anything by Hillsong United, they are really easy. What the World Will Never Take is a good, easy song.
hawttieblonde69
UGs RT Junkie
208 IQ
Every church camp and such I've gone to, whatever band we have that year always seems to play 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrison. You could do that.
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
I don't really listen to this band, but the David Crowder Band seems to be pretty popular. And their stuff is pretty fun to play for worship and whatnot.

zippidyduda
I hate my username
451 IQ
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I agree with this post. I don't really like Switchfoot, but I can respect them. John Foreman has some pretty good solo stuff.

AND he has the same last name as Eric Foreman. That makes him a winner in my book
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
hyroglyph!c
353 IQ
Hillsong United. Realllllllllllly easy. I like the drummer from one of them, since there's like 6 different Hillsongs I don't know which on it is haha.
But yeah
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
G3NNX
Omnomnom
21 IQ
Well, I've got a short list.

I Am Free - Newsboys (Really simple progression/riff.)

Lifesong - Casting Crowns.

The Kill - 30StM. (A little more Mainstream.)

Crazy Train (Might take a little bit to pick up, but its sure to make the BBQ a hit!)
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball
1,880 IQ
Quote by zippidyduda
AND he has the same last name as Eric Foreman. That makes him a winner in my book

sporkface
283 IQ
There are a bunch of songs that you could kinda relate to christianity with a little stretch.
Lord of Light- Maiden as an example.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
brkwdballer1891
170 IQ
hillsong united.
chris tomlin
guitar: MIM fender strat
amp: fender blues jr.
pedals:EB wah, korg pitch black, boss bd-2, fd2m, line 6 dl4, boss dd5 w. fs5u. EB JR vp,
NckSprks
164 IQ
War Pigs, definitely. You could do some Marilyn Manson, that always goes down great with the old ladies and such.
But on a serious note, try some Jeremy Camp and Michael Card.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall Valvestate VS65R
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Quote by goodlifebadlife
I couldnt belive that the butler was the murdere, that was really strange. Seeing as he was also a robot. From the past. And a sea monster.
xXx_mosh
I has me some secrets
43 IQ
hawk nelson

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
insanitybreed
breeds much insanity
125 IQ
Get some really boring Christian song, but make it funky! ...Hail Satan.
Alex Vik
UG's Zoidberg
4,967 IQ
Quote by G3NNX
Crazy Train (Might take a little bit to pick up, but its sure to make the BBQ a hit!)

Well, our rhythm guitarist made us (me and the lead guitarist, we're in a band together) learn the song, so we already know that. We might end up doing it.

Quote by G3NNX
I Am Free - Newsboys (Really simple progression/riff.)

Holy crap, I already know that song! I played it when I filled in bass at church before, the really changed the sound of it (the church).
Last edited by Alex Vik at Mar 30, 2009,
G0dzilla
178 IQ
Maybe a song from skillet? They're supposed to be christian rock..
Alex Vik
UG's Zoidberg
4,967 IQ
Quote by G0dzilla
Maybe a song from skillet? They're supposed to be christian rock..

Yeah, I actually saw them in concert last night during the Christian youth event in Ocean City this weekend. I don't think we could really do that kind of music with the music group we have though.
G0dzilla
178 IQ
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah, I actually saw them in concert last night during the Christian youth event in Ocean City this weekend. I don't think we could really do that kind of music with the music group we have though.

Ahh okay. Like too advanced technically or whatever?
They also tune their guitars down pretty low i was playing whispers in the dark (pretty easy cept for the solo is a little tricky ) and its in drop B ......

Also i'm suprised nobody's said i cum blood yet
mystical_1
Doomed
336 IQ
Coombiya? Just jazz it up a bit with a little solo.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Doppelgänger
imma ruin you сunt
45 IQ
Good Christian contemporary?

Impossible.

I suggest using a hymn and jazzing it up a little.
Alex Vik
UG's Zoidberg
4,967 IQ
Quote by G0dzilla
Ahh okay. Like too advanced technically or whatever?
They also tune their guitars down pretty low i was playing whispers in the dark (pretty easy cept for the solo is a little tricky ) and its in drop B ......

Also i'm suprised nobody's said i cum blood yet

Nah, just the genre and stuff. Like the girls that will be singing, they've pretty much just got like concert voices, and not really rock voices, if you know what I'm talking about.

And I think that's a warnable offense now.
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
Quote by Alex Vik

And I think that's a warnable offense now.

I lol'd.

If you play Hillsongs it'll be boring as hell to play and you won't sound anywhere near as good as Hillsongs United but everyone will get into it. I speak from experience.