K, I'm looking at getting either the ME-50, or the ME-70, and I'm just after opinions on them, and opinions on which I should get, please keep in mind that over the next 2 years or so, I'm going to replace it all with a proper pedal board. Also, it's very unlikely I'll be doing any gigging with it.

Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'd get crackin on that pedalboard now, instead of later. Anyways, ME-70 is same thing with a knob for compressor and a couple other dohickeys
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
I'd get crackin on that pedalboard now, instead of later. Anyways, ME-70 is same thing with a knob for compressor and a couple other dohickeys

Really can't afford to atm, plus, I'm really ****ing sick and tired of my Behringer V-amp, so I'm desperately seeking a replacement.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I own an ME-50 and absolutely love it, it seems that the major differences are that the modifications on the sound coming out of the pedal to your amp is different on the ME-70- much more advanced because of the EQ. Also, it seems they added one more pedal to give you a bit more customization most likely for gigging. If I were you, I would go with the ME-50 because it is a bit cheaper, has all the essentials, and is just as easy to use.
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
Quote by cblowrun
I own an ME-50 and absolutely love it, it seems that the major differences are that the modifications on the sound coming out of the pedal to your amp is different on the ME-70- much more advanced because of the EQ. Also, it seems they added one more pedal to give you a bit more customization most likely for gigging. If I were you, I would go with the ME-50 because it is a bit cheaper, has all the essentials, and is just as easy to use.

hmm, thanks for the advice, I was thinking the 50 might be better, simply because it's temporary, and now that the 70's out it will be heaps cheaper.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Boogie Man
hmm, thanks for the advice, I was thinking the 50 might be better, simply because it's temporary, and now that the 70's out it will be heaps cheaper.

Yes, definitely, I got mine used and it has held up beautifully. I wish the 70 had been out because of the inevitable price drop...

happy buying
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
If you want a Boss multi-effects unit I recomend the Gt-10 over the 2 you listed because I own the Me-50, the effects are low-quality and the distortion is poor, and the ME-70 likely only has more features, I doubt it is better quality. The Gt-10 does have good effects and distortion, so I recomend it.
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Quote by brush200400
If you want a Boss multi-effects unit I recomend the Gt-10 over the 2 you listed because I own the Me-50, the effects are low-quality and the distortion is poor, and the ME-70 likely only has more features, I doubt it is better quality. The Gt-10 does have good effects and distortion, so I recomend it.

Thanks for the advice, but the GT10 is overly pricey and a bit to long term for what I'm after.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I had a gt-10...got it from "mf" and kept for the 45 day trial period...waaayyy too much ****ing overkill...the presets were not that great...ez tone is not that easy...setting up "library" software for the USB was a nightmare not to mention 90% of available downloads were converted gt8 stuff and that presented more problems and honestly the patches were not that great...it does not include the USB cable and a decent usb cable of any length will set you back another 20-30 bucks...also it seems boss was scared ****less to even suggest what preset would be good for any particular band...names like "aero-dream" "texas trio" "devil boys" "jungle guns"...you get the idea...The wah effects did not sound right and the expression pedal was very finicky...just a few of the basic headaches...spent more time screwing around with finding a tone than playing...
sent it back and after trying a couple of other pedals..."od 20" was one...ended up with the ME-70...
Love it...36 great presets...36 user slots...easy to use controls...expression pedal was tuned in (easy to control)...The eq is a plus...it has a dead-on built in tuner...I added a boss fs-6 footswitch and use it to control the preamp, when in manual mode it controls the reverb and preamp on/off and when in memory mode it works as an up/down switch for the memory banks...
I have a decent pair of skullcandy headphones and it sounds great even without my amp.
Also has an input for Ipod or other mp3's if you want to play along...
Looooonnnngggg story short...I spent a lot of time trying to find a decent effects set-up...the ME-70 is it for me...
BTW...you can get a decent deal with either of the two major internet "guitar shops"....But never pay what is listed...always ask if they can talk to a supervisor and you will get it cheaper...I have never paid full price for anything from any of them....Hope this helps...
R.
Idealism was in the air (besides the marijuana smoke,) and maybe what was happening at Woodstock would spread and a quiet revolution, or rather evolution of sorts would take place, disinvolving the US from an unnecessary war in Vietnam.”
Last edited by aint-dead-yet at Apr 12, 2009,
Honestly I think it is a waste. I have one (me-50) i bought it a year ago thinking how great it would be but the truth is I've never used all the effects and the distortion on it is really tinny sounding and wimpy. Now I am desperately trying to sell it. My advice would be to get a distortion pedal and delay for right now and just whenever you get the money, other effects you might enjoy. Trust me this is all you need, sure it's fun to play around but it is really not worth it in the long run.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."