How would this be done? I'm not really considering it or anything but I really want to learn about basic racks. I've seen people put say...a mesa boogie rectifier preamp with a marshall amp. How do you bypass the preamp of the marshall?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Apr 5, 2009,
you send the output from the preamp into the effects return or power amp in on the marshal.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Not really, because instead of putting the preamp in the effects loop, you're using the effects loop to bypass the combo's preamp; to be pedantic.
Like I said originally, I'm not using anything. I'm just trying to learn more about them and I had a specific question. But if I wanted to say...use my fender champ and a mesa boogie rectifier preamp...how would that work?

Wait, Mitchell? say I was using an amp without an effects loop. Can that be done? Would I go guitar to preamp to amplifier to speakers?

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Apr 5, 2009,
^the effects loop is exactly what it is, it is just a signal between the pre amp and the power amp.
You can't put a preamp directly into a combo, so if it doesn't have an effects loop you can't use the preamp with the combo*

*unless you go into the combo, and mess with the circuit.
Quote by Mitchell?
You can't put a preamp directly into a combo, so if it doesn't have an effects loop you can't use the preamp with the combo*

*unless you go into the combo, and mess with the circuit.

Okay that's what I thought you were saying. Thanks for clarifying.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712