Nucci009
247 IQ
Relatively quick question i was just wondering if there is realy a point of a bass chorus pedal. Im not thinking of getting one but i just never really heard a song with bass chorus in it. I also wanted to know if this is a pedal i should consider adding to my pedal board of two pedals. haha.
Last edited by Nucci009 at Apr 7, 2009,
Ryker24
Banned
773 IQ
yes many bassists use chorus pedals, what pedal do you have in mind?
Ryker24
Banned
773 IQ
Both of those are good for the price, the boss is a more subtle than the digitech also take a look at the EHX small stone as well
Nucci009
247 IQ
Quote by Ryker24
Both of those are good for the price, the boss is a more subtle than the digitech also take a look at the EHX small stone as well

Is the small stone a bass effect or a guitar. Or will it work with both. Because i can only find on for guitar and also what exactly does it do.
Ryker24
Banned
773 IQ
Chous is a modluation effect and any modluation effect will work with guitar and bass. It is a chorus pedal
anarkee
oh the horror!
3,136 IQ
I own the Digitech pedal. Its a great pedal for the price. Chorus adds a shimmer and thickness to your sound. I use mine quite a bit when playing fusion jazz and prog rock.
Nucci009
247 IQ
Quote by Ryker24
Chous is a modluation effect and any modluation effect will work with guitar and bass. It is a chorus pedal

oo alright like the same as delay? what other pedals fall into that category?
Ryker24
Banned
773 IQ
Chorus, delay, reverb, phaser, octavers(for the most part) and pitch shifters. I have a guitar chorus, delay, reverb and and phaser and there is no problem with running them with a bass. The thing that you should stray away from is guitar distortions and fuzzes and guitar wah's which usually cause loss of low end
Last edited by Ryker24 at Apr 7, 2009,
Nucci009
247 IQ
Quote by Ryker24
Chorus, delay, reverb, phaser, octavers(for the most part) and pitch shifters. I have a guitar chorus, delay, reverb and and phaser and there is no problem with running them with a bass. The thing that you should stray away from is guitar distortions and fuzzes and guitar wah's which usually cause loss of low end

Alright thanks for all the help.
Ryker24
Banned
773 IQ
no problem, if you have any effects questions just shoot em my way
thegiaco2112
Has Won 2 Bass Wars
2,047 IQ
the Digitech Chorus is great I own one it gives you a very rich sound. I use it a lot when it comes to soft parts or to make a very strange sound on my profile there are some examples like Biosphere part 1 and 2
lorrythebassguy
Fender Junkie & P90 Lover
1,039 IQ
get the EHX Clone Theory, i bought one yesterday, and its fantastic!

Chorus pedals are great for rounding out your sound, and just subtly livening things up.
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals