I just ordered the stereo 2 button switch for my peavey classic 50 and I hook it up, and it doesn't switch from clean to lead channels. The reverb turns on and off but the channel will not switch. I know it is the right switch because not only on the site i got it off of say its for use with the classic 50, the packaging clearly says it is. So it is the right one, but why won't it switch the channels?
Member #38 of Alter Bridge Rocks Club PM Logz to join
maybe its broken,
I have one, works like a charm.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Does the channel have to be on lead or normal to work? It's just strange that the reverb button will work but the other won't
I have a similar problem with my footswitch for my Palomino, I think its the footswitch
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Peavey's foot switches are pretty cheap... get a slightly better quality 2-button footswitch and save yourself trouble later.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I was going to actually, but I was told that the pedal for this amp had to have the channel switch button and the reverb button or it wouldn't work right.
any 2 button switch should do, just curious, are you using a trs cable or a standard mono one?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
It's a stereo switch so i'm gonna say i'm not using a standard mono one, probably just a standard stereo cable. I don't know if its a trs cable or not.
well i have the switch for the classic 30, and the clean and lead is only controllable with the foot switch if lead channel is selected on the amp. Try that first before you shell out more money. and nice amp, is it the head or combo?
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
I'm pretty sure you have to have the channel ON THE AMP set to LEAD for the foot switch to work
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by RaggityAnne08
I'm pretty sure you have to have the channel ON THE AMP set to LEAD for the foot switch to work

do this
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
I have the combo 2x12 to answer Dandaman and I have tried that. I've tried it in both positions. I can also only see one hole for it to go into too. It's right in front of the effects loop right?
You all won't believe me and it's okay, but i just started unplugging it and plugging it back in and it started working.......i have no freakin idea what made it do that but as of now it is working haha. This thing is a piece of crap i can tell already lol.
maybe the input or the jack were dirty? anyways cheers
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30