Page 4 of 4
Protone Rams Skull

Amazingly smooth fuzz that will sustain for weeks. Its a clone of the EHX Rams Head unit so if your looking for cheaper route for those Pink Floyd tones this is a great alternative. Plus the pedals are all boutique and solid, i've been using protones for a while and have loved everyone that has crossed my path. Also the graphics are amazing on his pedals.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 18, 2009,
im about to get a fuzz clone (DIY)

i play funk rock, classic rock and grunge mainly

i was thinking either a fuzz face but im not sure whether to get germanium or silicon. germnaium is slightly more expensive
I may be getting a russian big muff soon. I just need a little bit more $$$
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I've got an Traynor YCV40 (tube combo), its got a real crunchy overdrive channel but I'm looking for a thicker, higher gain lead tone. Will a fuzz pedal do the trick? Or are fuzz pedals like distortion pedals, to be used on clean channels/will it sounds like shit over tube overdrive?
Last edited by krymson at Jun 17, 2010,
any reviews on the Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz?

ive been eyeing one up from behind the counter at a local guitar shop. I'm on a bit of a budget so £20 isnt all that bad. but is it worth the money?
'The Blues is Easy to Play, but Hard to Feel'
Jimi Hendrix
Just ask to play it, find out for yourself.

By the way, maybe adding another fuzz to the rig in the very near future.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I mean, it's sitting in his local music shop and he hasn't played it...c'mon now. If it was something he had only seen online it'd be a different story.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

That Ram's head thing looks boss. IS there a cheaper Ram's head clone you can get though? $200 is a bit steep when I already have a decent muff. But I really like those Gilmour sounds.
What are you guys' opinions on the Voodoo Labs Superfuzz? I'm looking for an Iommi-ish kinda sound, but nothing I play seems to get where I want my amp to go. (And yes, I know he used Treble Boosts, but I can't find any halfway decent ones under $100)
Quote by phlip999
What are you guys' opinions on the Voodoo Labs Superfuzz? I'm looking for an Iommi-ish kinda sound, but nothing I play seems to get where I want my amp to go. (And yes, I know he used Treble Boosts, but I can't find any halfway decent ones under $100)

You can build one for like 30 bucks.
Quote by due 07
You can build one for like 30 bucks.

But I'm not trying to build one, because I suck at building shit.
So I was just about to buy a Russian Muff from the Guitar Center online store for $59.99, as I saw it listed there about 5 days ago.
But it's gone...

Now that I'm finished my rage, what should I buy?
Supposedly the Russian is discontinued so I doubt it'll be back up on Guitar Center anytime soon, and they're selling used on ebay for about $100

Should I get a USA Muff (which I personally don't like for use on Bass)
Or a Bass Big Muff, which I assume wouldn't be great on guitar, but I heard is basically a Russian Muff with a bass boost switch (any truth to this?)

Thanks
Quote by LPDC
So I was just about to buy a Russian Muff from the Guitar Center online store for $59.99, as I saw it listed there about 5 days ago.
But it's gone...

Now that I'm finished my rage, what should I buy?
Supposedly the Russian is discontinued so I doubt it'll be back up on Guitar Center anytime soon, and they're selling used on ebay for about $100

Should I get a USA Muff (which I personally don't like for use on Bass)
Or a Bass Big Muff, which I assume wouldn't be great on guitar, but I heard is basically a Russian Muff with a bass boost switch (any truth to this?)

Thanks

http://www.tymguitars.com.au/?page_id=4&shopp_pid=1419

buy one of these.

I have one and it's awesome. Made buy a local guy and he ships overseas.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Can any of you guys give me an advice for a stoner/doom/sludge fuzz? I'm looking for more of a High On Fire/Sleep/Electric Wizard/Eyehategod'ish sludgy sound, so far most of the people told me to buy a Big Muff for that, and I've got a friend of mine that would sell it to me for 30 bucks or something.

I currently have a Voodoo Lab Superfuzz, but it's really vintage sounding, basically Jimi Hendrix-ish, and doesnt do me any good, maybe stoner rock to some extent, and a little bith of sabbath-esque stuff...

By the way I cannot get any pedals that are really boutique, and only made in the USA etc, so I need something more international, best if it can be shipped from Europe, and if I have to buy it online, it has to be under 100 bucks, otherwise it gets stuck at the customs here. (yeah, thats the thing in Turkey)
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
Last edited by Kuntekin at Jul 29, 2011,