Page 1 of 2
Aeromaiden2195
713 IQ
Man i cant wait for this tour to kick off, i just found out they are coming to my town and im psyched about it man, 2 of my favorite bands together, this is going to be awesome, is anyone else excited about this tour.
therudycometh
167 IQ
Me! I got tix to PNC in NJ!
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
hothead69999
i need a new rig
804 IQ
Hell yeah, i got tix to the show at the Palace up in Detroit this morning.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
There is not a chance in hell I am paying $200 to see Aerosmith play an hour and a half long set consisting of the same songs they've been playing in the past few years. We'll see if they live up to their word and play some stuff that hasn't been played in a while, but either way, I'm not going. Also, I could care less about ZZ Top.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,572 IQ
INSANE ticket prices. I thought about going, but I could go to probably 3 equally cool shows for that money.

Edit: Billy Gibbons annoys me.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Last edited by Thefallofman at Apr 26, 2009,
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by Thefallofman
INSANE ticket prices. I thought about going, but I could go to probably 3 equally cool shows for that money.
You could see Yes for free if you got your ass out to NJ.
Quote by Thefallofman
Krustbox
21 IQ
Man i didn't even realize this tour was happening until i saw this thread. Thanks for the post! I think ZZ Top and Aerosmith are great bands.
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,572 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
You could see Yes for free if you got your ass out to NJ.

I pretty much saw them for free when they played here last year, it was only $20.
Hey, I'm Mike.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^$20 =/= free. Plus, you sat in the balcony. At this show, you'd be up close and personal. And you'd get free entry into Six Flags, which is a $50 value right there.
Quote by Thefallofman
eberg2
947 IQ
I got tickets for june 24.... I'm happy lol, they wound up being fifty bucks a piece from the extra charges at this damn place, the tickets themselves were only 29 =/
Polystant
3,076 IQ
Quote by eberg2
I got tickets for june 24.... I'm happy lol, they wound up being fifty bucks a piece from the extra charges at this damn place, the tickets themselves were only 29 =/

WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

In Pittsburgh? I was planning on going to that show since it was only $30 bucks
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by Polystant
WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

General service charge, convenience charge, building facility charge, processing charge, and an extra $2.50 thrown in if you print the tickets from home.
Quote by Thefallofman
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by Polystant
WHAT EXTRA CHARGES????

bahahaha, ya, and the dude above me pretty much said it....
Post gazzette pavilion rips you off really bad, well same with anywhere, but ya, its almost the price of the ticket in extra charges, my tickets came to 47.50 each

where do you live in pittbsurgh by the way??

I live in the north hills (allison park, hampton twp)
Last edited by eberg2 at May 31, 2009,
cornmancer
Thou mayest
814 IQ
I was gonna go but I don't feel like I can con my dad out of $200, or even feel like I would want to go. Good bands but not $200 of good, especially since I saw Hubert Sumlin the other day for $20, and that was so good I can't play guitar now because I'm still absorbing it after 2 days.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jun 1, 2009,
greekguitarist3
32 IQ
Ahhh two of my favorite bands ever playing, but I'm afraid my dad isn't willing to pay that much money. =(. I'm just really hoping to win the tickets on the radio like I did for AC/DC back in December. I've called about a gazillion times and still keeping my ears open and my fingers crossed.
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by greekguitarist3
Ahhh two of my favorite bands ever playing, but I'm afraid my dad isn't willing to pay that much money. =(. I'm just really hoping to win the tickets on the radio like I did for AC/DC back in December. I've called about a gazillion times and still keeping my ears open and my fingers crossed.

Quote by cornmancer
I was gonna go but I don't feel like I can con my dad out of $200, or even feel like I would want to go. Good bands but not $200 of good, especially since I saw Hubert Sumlin the other day for $20, and that was so good I can't play guitar now because I'm still absorbing it after 2 days.

not to get off topic, but don't you guys have jobs??? if you really wanna see it that bad, just raise the money yourself, it will probably be well worth it
greekguitarist3
32 IQ
Quote by eberg2
not to get off topic, but don't you guys have jobs??? if you really wanna see it that bad, just raise the money yourself, it will probably be well worth it

No actually i don't have a job. I'm only 16. And plus, all the babysitting money i have isnt even close to how much the tickets cost hahah
cornmancer
Thou mayest
814 IQ
Quote by eberg2

I'm only 14
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by greekguitarist3
No actually i don't have a job. I'm only 16. And plus, all the babysitting money i have isnt even close to how much the tickets cost hahah

I'm sixteen and work at mcdonalds, so i dono how that excuse works, but if you want it bad enough theres ways, good luck.............
greekguitarist3
32 IQ
Quote by eberg2
I'm sixteen and work at mcdonalds, so i dono how that excuse works, but if you want it bad enough theres ways, good luck.............

Ya, i do want it pretty bad. I babysit a lot, but dont get paid that much. I'm just so busy with school and softball and basketball, but when i get out of school next week ima look for a job. But its gotta be near my house cuz i dont even have my permit yet
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by greekguitarist3
Ya, i do want it pretty bad. I babysit a lot, but dont get paid that much. I'm just so busy with school and softball and basketball, but when i get out of school next week ima look for a job. But its gotta be near my house cuz i dont even have my permit yet

gotta make sacrifices for things... lol, find something close to school so you can walk from there if no one will drive you, I only have my permit but my parents can work it out and they both work so, its not impossible, or jack up your baby sitting prices, as long as no one else can take your block
wilty00
From a Distance.
1,489 IQ
I was thinking about going but $128 for the cheapest seats in the house in a huge stadium? No thanks.

Seen them twice already anyway... I'm sure they'll put on a wicked show though. They always do.
greekguitarist3
32 IQ
Quote by eberg2
gotta make sacrifices for things... lol, find something close to school so you can walk from there if no one will drive you, I only have my permit but my parents can work it out and they both work so, its not impossible, or jack up your baby sitting prices, as long as no one else can take your block

lol thats a good idea, i should charge more for babysitting.
Thanks, i think im gonna look for a job at carls junior or baskin robbins this summer cuz i can walk there from my house. Ahhhh i hope i can pay for the tickets
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by greekguitarist3
lol thats a good idea, i should charge more for babysitting.
Thanks, i think im gonna look for a job at carls junior or baskin robbins this summer cuz i can walk there from my house. Ahhhh i hope i can pay for the tickets

ha, I've heard baskin robbins isnt bad to work at, I have a couple friends who work there
greekguitarist3
32 IQ
Quote by eberg2
ha, I've heard baskin robbins isnt bad to work at, I have a couple friends who work there

Ohh really?? That's good. Then I think I'll apply there when i get out of school next week.
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by greekguitarist3
Ohh really?? That's good. Then I think I'll apply there when i get out of school next week.

good luck=)
PeaRlJamrHCp
10 IQ
I really want to go to this concert but i dont know if the age of the members will affect how good they are. I mean they're geting pretty old.
Polystant
3,076 IQ
Quote by eberg2
bahahaha, ya, and the dude above me pretty much said it....
Post gazzette pavilion rips you off really bad, well same with anywhere, but ya, its almost the price of the ticket in extra charges, my tickets came to 47.50 each

where do you live in pittbsurgh by the way??

I live in the north hills (allison park, hampton twp)

Actually I live in Cleveland. But i didnt wanna wait til september to see them. 2 MORE WEEKS!
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Polystant
3,076 IQ
I personally think that they (Aerosmith) will be doing more of the 70s classic. I think they realized how bad their pop stuff was. Honkin on bobo was a step bakc in the right direction. Also, they are doing one of the first 3 albums all the way through as Ive heard. And Joe is finally going to be doing combination again. I hope they do Aerosmith or Get Your Wings
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
eberg2
947 IQ
haha cool, I swear I thought you lived in pittsburgh for some other reason though..... o well whatever
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Quote by Polystant
Also, they are doing one of the first 3 albums all the way through as Ive heard.
They'll be doing Toys. Tyler confirmed it. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that now that Brad is out for half the tour. It would suck to have Round and Round played for the first time live without Brad, who wrote it.
Quote by Polystant
And Joe is finally going to be doing combination again.
Yeah he did it with his son's band, but given this band's history, there's no telling if that'll carry over into Aerosmith. That being said, I think chances are good that they'll play it this year. I really, really hope they do.
Quote by Thefallofman
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
Tomorrow's setlist is probably going to be:

01. Back In The Saddle
02. Cryin'
03. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
04. Love In An Elevator
05. Dream On
06. Combination
07. Toys In The Attic
08. Uncle Salty
09. Adam's Apple
10. Walk This Way
11. Big Ten Inch Record
12. Sweet Emotion
13. No More No More
14. Round And Round
15. You See Me Crying
16. Livin' On The Edge
-------------------------------
17. What It Takes
18. Draw The Line
-------------------------------
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

Or something very close to that.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^Combination. COMBINATION. I can't tell you how much I love that song and how excited I am to finally see it on an Aerosmith setlist. Then throw in Uncly Salty, Round and Round, and You See Me Crying for the first time ever, the rarely played Adam's Apple, No More No More, 10 Inch, Sweet E, Train, Saddle, and Elevator...I'm very happy with the way that looks on paper. I mean, in a perfect world, I think they should replace Cryin', What It Takes, Draw the Line, Edge, and Falling in Love with Rats, Kings and Queens, Pandora's Box, Movin' Out, and Sick As A Dog, but I honestly can't complain about this proposed setlist.
Quote by Thefallofman
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
Well folks, it has happened. Combination, Uncle Salty, and Round and Round made their live debuts tonight.

Monkey On My Back
Cryin'
Love In An Elevator
Dream On
Combination
Toys in the Attic
Uncle Salty
Adam's Apple
Walk This Way
Big 10 Inch Record
Sweet Emotion
No More No More
Round and Round
Livin' On The Edge
Draw the Line
Train Kept A Rollin'

Jaded and You See Me Crying were cut from the original setlist, the latter of which making the Toys album incomplete, a move which has me dumbfounded. That had to be Steven Tyler's decision.
Quote by Thefallofman
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
There was a tornado warning so the concert got pushed back a whole hour. Considering the strict curfews in venues, losing an hour yet only cutting 2 songs is actually a good thing.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,243 IQ
^^I understand that. But the idea was to play Toys in its entirety, so why cut You See Me Crying? Why not cut one of the other eight songs in the setlist not from the album?
Quote by Thefallofman
Polystant
3,076 IQ
So was You see me cryin only cut because of weather or will it be missing in theentire tour??
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser