Page 3 of 34
Quote by Bloodshed
I've said this before too though, because playing left handed severely limits your gear choices and makes it unnecessarily more expensive

Except for the fact that I'm...

a) so left hand dominant that if I weren't playing lefty, I wouldn't be playing and,

b) at the time he told me this, I'd been playing for a year or so.

I could see telling a lefty to try a right handed guitar if they specifically say that it's their first guitar. But that wasn't the case.
Quote by lern2swim

a) so left hand dominant that if I weren't playing lefty, I wouldn't be playing and,

I could see telling a lefty to try a right handed guitar if they specifically say that it's their first guitar. But that wasn't the case.

Heres a crazy lefty story...

Theres a local guy here that is a lefty and plays righty guitars. Now thats not the odd part The odd part is he strings it like a right handed guitar and just flips the guitar. And he is quite good even doing covers. Tripped me out.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Heres a crazy lefty story...

Theres a local guy here that is a lefty and plays righty guitars. Now thats not the odd part The odd part is he strings it like a right handed guitar and just flips the guitar. And he is quite good even doing covers. Tripped me out.

like Doyle Bramhall II and Albert king? koo.

anyways, i was in guitar center adn i was just finishing buying my Egnater Rebel 20, when this obviously hardcore/metalcore/whatevercore sales rep said
you cant use a one channel amp. they're so stupid. how can you get a clean and a dirty sound out of them? name me one great guitarist who only used single channel amps.

i proceeded to list off : Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, Angus Young, etc.

i could see where he was coming from, but i found this little trick: on your guitar, there are these weird knobs. one of them is labeled "Volume". you guys should give it a try. it's like the volume on your amp, but you don't have to go back there to turn it down. weird, eh?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by lern2swim

Lol I guess im weird...

I'm left handed and play righty
you are not alone! loads of us play like that

almost 99% all for the same reason: guitar availability
Quote by cruc1a7
you are not alone! loads of us play like that

almost 99% all for the same reason: guitar availability

Good I don't feel lonely anymore ..... haha jk I tried to play a guitar right handed before and it felt so weird.
Quote by darkcheef
Lol I guess im weird...

I'm left handed and play righty

See Steve Morse
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
when i was buying my jackson, i tried it through a mesa combo. the dude come over and goes 'what amp do you have at home' and i say 'ive just got some cheap behringer amp, im looking into getting a mesa combo,' and he says 'you should get a line 6 spider, theyre just as good as mesa boogies but they have lots of effects built in.' i just bought my jackson and left
Quote by gtarmetallova69
"I personally think that bolt on necks resinate better than neck-thru body's do." What a dumbass lol

Actually, the guy is kinda right. You probably just haven't played any GOOD bolt neck guitars.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Me- hey dude i need some guitar honey

GC retard- what?

Me- Guitar Honey

GC retard- i have no idea what that is
Quote by son of anarchy
Me- hey dude i need some guitar honey

GC retard- what?

Me- Guitar Honey

GC retard- i have no idea what that is

He probably thought you were calling him "honey". lol
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by GNRjungle87
"Welcome to Guitar Center. How can I help you?"

lol i was going to the post the same thing when this thread first started, but decided i had made enough useless posts for the day. get out of my head!
there's no guitar center in NZ but the bad shop is called Rockshop.

I was looking around at their Mesa's.
I plugged into a triple rec and asked it i could crank it.

the guy said 'play this man doesn't need to be cranked to sound good but it sounds ****ing great anyway'

he pointed at a line 6 spider III head.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
i had a guy who didnt work at guitar center help me. he was wearing some name tag from another job and i didnt notice for a while. XD it was funny.
Small/local music store -

"(proudly) Yeah, we're an official Digitech dealer now, we've got everything you need."

"Oh, cool. Have you got any of the new Hardwire pedals in yet?"

"The hard-what?"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
the employees i talk to are usually smart and fun to talk to about gear and stuff, but theres been countless times that ive heard employees talking to fat kids' moms and telling them to get the spider III. i feel sorry for them cause they sound like they think the guy knows what hes talking about.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I was just looking at some of the higher grade strats when one of the employees approached me and asked
GC-"Would you like to plug it in to one of these Marshalls and try it out?"
ME- "uhh... you really think I am going to try out THIS guitar on one of THOSE amps?"
GC- "oh man these marshall half-stacks rock! the SAME EXACT AMP that Slash plays!"
ME- (being a smartass) "who is slash?"
GC- ... he couldn't even name any of the bands slash played in, just was like "you know... Slash!"
sorry, i can't lower your action because thats how strats are made. if you want low action you should buy an ibanez.

****tard.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Quote by forstringwonder
sorry, i can't lower your action because thats how strats are made. if you want low action you should buy an ibanez.

****tard.

Wow...just...wow
"Dont turn it above 3 the amp will bust" (On a Fender Twin Reverb)
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
In the lonely corner of the world that i live in, the GC people here dont give a sh1t. i ask for a cheap cable to test stuff, they say, sure , here, come back if it doesnt work. I was never offered a spider or an mg. That fact is, i see the MGs and spiders here vacant, while everyone's trying out vypyrs or marshall stacks, not mgs.

then again, there always seems to be a kid in there playing stairway to heaven......
had a discussion with the manager of a big chain music store over where i live (no GC in my country)

Me: I'm looking for a fuzz, do you have a fuzz face and a muff that i can compare?
Man: Hm. Hold on a second, let me check *goes to the storage room*
Man: Why don't you try this? *pulls out Morley Bad Horsie Wah* IT'S THE SAME ONE STEVE VAI USES.
Me: Ah, actually, maybe i'll just get some strings today, can i get a set of regular slinkies?
Man: Sorry, what?
Me: Some of those Ernie Ball Regular Slinky strings? The ones in the REALLY BRIGHT PACKAGING?
*Hands me bass slinkies*

I wish to god i was joking. but. no...
I was browsing around in a local music store, killin' time, kinda talking to the workers telling them that I was planning at some point in investing in a nice amp, and one of them interrupts me saying, "Nah dude. You wanna plug into that MG over there? It's got solid distortion" and I couldn't help but smile as I thought of Ultimate Guitar.

Needless to say I declined politely, saying that I've tried them and they don't fit me very well. "Are you sure man?"

GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

As I walked in the store right as they were closing, an employee (imagine the goth hoola hoop kid) was overly jamming out to beautiful people on a warlock, saw me, walked up and said "This can be yours..." lifting the warlock to eye level....

I left... Never to return

that was 5 years ago.
There's no GC's is Australia I don't think, well at least none in my city. But the chain of music stores "Billy Hyde" is filled with idiots. They have some decent amps such as ENGL, but then they just have a bunch of SS spiders, with the odd valve, and once I saw a flextone, which was cool.

Now my local shop is filled with generally nice people (they don't have really good amp stock, but they'll order so you can play it) and they have plenty of good guitars, so there's just a really friendly vibe in the place, so I like to support my local shop because of that.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by signedinbloodnz
there's no guitar center in NZ but the bad shop is called Rockshop.

I was looking around at their Mesa's.
I plugged into a triple rec and asked it i could crank it.

the guy said 'play this man doesn't need to be cranked to sound good but it sounds ****ing great anyway'

he pointed at a line 6 spider III head.

+1, those Rockshop guys are morons. I far prefer Musicworks - no modelling amps to be found
Apart from CC music in Glasgow, and a couple of guys in Merchant City music, every guitar shop employee I've met is an @rsehole. They certainly aren't employed for their personality or their ability to make people feel comfortable, or because they can make a sale.

A guy in Merchant City really pissed me off yesterday. I went in to try the AC-4's because they just got them in. The combo is £189 but their adverts in magazines state the price as £369 - obviously they have put the head and cab price up instead or something. So I told the guy who was plugging me in about it. After all, it's better that they don't lose out on any sales. His reply was...

"Well, you can tell someone who cares"

What a pr*ck.

As far as stupid things I've been told - it just bugs me when employees think that the best way to sell something to me is to tell me an amp has "really good distortion" as if that's the only quality worth looking for. The amp in question usually being a Line 6.

I'm sorry, but I have to say it, metal fans who work in guitar shops ruin it for everyone else. In my experience, it is usually they who do not have a clue about what they are actually selling.
Quote by splamron
There's no GC's is Australia I don't think, well at least none in my city. But the chain of music stores "Billy Hyde" is filled with idiots. They have some decent amps such as ENGL, but then they just have a bunch of SS spiders, with the odd valve, and once I saw a flextone, which was cool.

Now my local shop is filled with generally nice people (they don't have really good amp stock, but they'll order so you can play it) and they have plenty of good guitars, so there's just a really friendly vibe in the place, so I like to support my local shop because of that.

i haven't had much trouble with billy hyde besides the guy selling me some string cleaner telling me it would also polish my frets.
Don't have guitar centers in the UK... But:

- In one shop I asked to try a D'Angellico New Yorker and they plugged me into a Mesa boogie rectifier on the distortion channel... (There were Matchless/lower gain mesa/voxes/fenders right next to it..)

- Another shop wouldn't let me try more than one MIM standard strat saying that if I didn't like the first I wouldn't like the second/third/whatever...

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Well there's no guitar centers in canada, but...
One time, at a store, I was playing Cliffs of Dover (I was playing it perfectly too because I just had to play it for a gig 2 days beforehand) and the owner comes up to me and says "Stop playing those pussy notes son... Play some MAN CHORDS!"
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I went into a Guitar Center-like store many years ago when id only been playing for less than a year looking at buying the Marshall MG 15w ministack, and i tried it out then said to the sales rep watching over me 'So, 15w but it has 2 speakers, so thats 30w right?' which im embarrased about to this day even though i was a noob (nevermind that i was looking at buying an MG) but the funny thing was that he said 'Yeah thats right'. This was a dude in his mid 20's and everyone around our area knew him because he was in a few decent local bands, ill admit he was quite a good bass player. I actually cant decide if he was really stupid or he was trying to make me think the MG was somehow better than it was. Either way he failed because i didnt buy it.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
"Stop playing those pussy notes son... Play some MAN CHORDS!"

rofl best quote ever
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Egnater Tweaker Combo
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i haven't had much trouble with billy hyde besides the guy selling me some string cleaner telling me it would also polish my frets.

Billy Hyde told me that a 25.5 inch scale mahog guitar with maple/rosewood neck and active pickups would sound EXACTLY the same as 24.75inch mahog with mahog/ebony neck and passive pickups. "You wont tell the difference between the two, plus this one has the floyd rose"

they're good guys really. Just about the best shop around here, but you take their advice with a grain of salt.
One guy at a guitar center i go to said there's no such thing as an SM58 microphone. The other guy said you only use it for live, which makes sense, it is a live microphone and you use it so it doesn't capture other sound since air pressure controls the sound. BUT! he told me i'd be a fool to use one for recording. I got an AKG anyway but still! PEOPLE! ARGGGG!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
We dont have GC's here...but once i was at a music shop and plugged into a Laney LC30 (trying it out) and this rep came over, sat down, plugged into a crappy LX120 right next to me and drowned the thing out.

And then said i was playing too loud.
Dumbass.