Page 1 of 2
Now don't judge me THIS IS JUST FOR FUN. Im 14 this is my first build and since its my first, and I most likely know **** all about guitars I used some scrap pieces of Pine I found in my driveway.
I just got my hands a camera today but I've been working about 2 days in total on it (Not alot of time between school, and my dad working, he had to show me how to use a router.) So sorry for no pics prior to starting.

So since I know **** all I don't know any fancy specs about it all i know is.

Neck- Brazilian Rosewood, fret
Body- Pine, with Minwax Red Mahogany stain, 3.9 cm thick
Pickup Config.- SSS
I turned a tremolo in a Hardtail bridge cause the body is quite thin (scrap pieces remember).
All my hardware is of a no-name guitar, but the pickups are decent so I'll rewire 'em.

(Invalid img) (Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Still gotta line up the bridge, if someone knows a fast speedy way on lining 'er up that would help, thanks.

-
Attachments:
my guitar.JPG
my guitar 2.JPG
neck.JPG
Last edited by ninjasnpirates at Jul 2, 2009,
Lookin good man.
keep up the good work
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
You should slap 3 humbuckers in there with 3PDT switches
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
HELLYEAH!!!!

seiously: nice work! looks great for scrap wood did you make the neck too?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by ninjasnpirates
jsut slap em in there? recklessly? :p

Indeed.

But seriously.
Quote by letsgocoyote
Last edited by Little_Buster at May 3, 2009,
Quote by ninjasnpirates
all seriousness, right?

emgs?
or what are those cheap ones i thik Agile uses, they like $30

Not sure.

But GFS pickups are pretty decent and cheap.
Quote by letsgocoyote
Call me a noob if you will, but whats the huge hole near the bridge pup for???

Isnt the cavity supposed to be at the back?
^ it would be if it was a les paul but strats are routed from the front
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Oh okay, thanks.

So it wouldnt matter though right? I'm assuming it makes the wiring easier?
Yeah, the front-routing is easier, but it makes a pickguard necessary. It's a pretty worthwhile tradeoff imo. The only downside is that it covers up the wood on a natural finish
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
yeah. he'll have a pickguard on it.

As for lining up the bridge, you should have had a center line on your body when you cut it out. you can use this to match up the direct centers of the bridge (measure from the outside of the edge saddles). If not, just attach the neck, get a long ruler (or string if you must) and just measure where your Low and High E strings should be, and position your bridge accordingly.
------

Shwiggity.
What if someone decided to have a cover for the front routing???

Im doing an experimental thing, and wouldnt mind trying, unless its already been tried, and has failed...
Umm... No
I know what a pickguard is lol

The same way they have those wood covers at the back of guitars, but instead having that covering for the front cavity? And probably making a logo or something on it...
so... what's the difference? something covering a guitar's wiring cavities in both cases.

and you'd have about 6 different 1" x 1/4" pieces of wood filling in the wiring channels.
------

Shwiggity.
I meant looks wise...

Edit:-

I'm thread jacking, sorry, nvm.

And also, just noticed your sig
Last edited by luv090909 at May 4, 2009,
i know what you meant dude its a perfectly reasonable question and idea, deftones is just being an arse
Quote by sylphin
i know what you meant dude its a perfectly reasonable question and idea, deftones is just being an arse

N00b.

What he said sounded like he was talking about a pickguard.
Quote by letsgocoyote
Last edited by Little_Buster at May 4, 2009,
Thanks...
And this forum has been my best experience yet, with no pricks whatsoever, until now.

Or maybe he didnt get what I'm saying

Edit for clarification:-

This is what I meant, except in front.
Last edited by luv090909 at May 4, 2009,
Quote by luv090909
Thanks...
And this forum has been my best experience yet, with no pricks whatsoever, until now.

Or maybe he didnt get what I'm saying

Im pretty sure he just misunderstood what you were saying.
Quote by letsgocoyote
Quote by sylphin
omg /N00b you sad sad person -.-

You have no idea what that means do you?
Quote by letsgocoyote
luv- the cavity provides access to the knobs. the only way to successfully have it in front would be to put the knobs in it. making it a pickguard. otherwise you have a random hole leading to nothing, and knobs you can never replace or figure out how they got there.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Humanity I'm not sure I quite understood you, but if you guys are saying its not possible then I wont be arguing.

Would this work? ASsuming the creamish part is the wood, black is the thing covering the cavity, and white the knobs?
Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
i dont give a flying badger what it means anyone who spells noob like N00b should be shot...hell anyone who uses the word noob of principle should be shot!!
that's called a recessed diamond shaped pickguard my dear. I think it'd look tacky-

though recessing the pickguard sounds like a badass idea. I may try it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well, I wasnt referring to the shape.

I meant the basic idea of it.
Will it work or am I missing out something???

And if its still called a pickguard I'm really sorry, and thanks for bearing with me
most strat guitars you have to take off the pickguard to fix the knobs.

the jazz bass made it so that you could do it without working around your strings or pickups.

the only thing is it's is recessed back into the wood. which I like, you gave me a cool idea.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well yeah, thats what I was talking about.
In build into the thing, with wood probably.

And haha
Are you going to be using it for your bass?
possibly.

I hope so. it would look really cool. the glint of the high polish will be going over the whole thing, it would look like the whole thing a sexy even glint.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Page 1 of 2