90's
6 19%
00's
2 6%
Voters: 32.
cornmancer
Thou mayest
814 IQ
Title says it all, I like the 50's because the whole thing was just a huge party. I also like the 70's because it's got my favorite albums by my favorite bands.

Edit: I've decided on 70's, especially if we say the 70's starts in '67. That was the best era for all my favorite bands and genres except blues. The Stones, Zeppelin, Queen, Muddy Waters was doing pretty good, The Doors, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, the first two VH albums, Rush, the list goes on.

Edit 2: Figured out how to add a poll.
Last edited by cornmancer at May 12, 2009,
Sean-Man
Ultimate Guitarist
820 IQ
The 1980's is where its at

EDIT: you should make this a poll
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Dio10101
UG's Biggest Idiot
874 IQ
i like the 90's for Pantera and some other really great Thrash albums, and the 80's for some Great Thrash albums, and Glam Metal.
avenged24
14 IQ
tough call between the 50's and 60's but i'll say the 60's were a little better
selibucaz
Penis Skydiver
474 IQ
i like the 90's. A lot of cool stuff was in the 90's. The 50's was uber racist (altho some good groups were acepted like booker t and the mg's and chuck berry ect... ) lol so i dont like that. The 70's i dont like cause their were too many hippys (i think... correct me if im wrong) but did have a lot of cool things with music.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Last edited by selibucaz at May 7, 2009,
SaiNt adEL #13
UG's Metallica Fan
471 IQ
i don't have a favorite specific decade, but my favorite time period is from late 60's to early 80's. anyone agree?
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
SaiNt adEL #13
UG's Metallica Fan
471 IQ
what the hell's wrong with hippies??? (and they were 60's-70's btw)
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
selibucaz
Penis Skydiver
474 IQ
Quote by SaiNt adEL #13
what the hell's wrong with hippies??? (and they were 60's-70's btw)

thank you. for that and idk im not a big fan of the druggy hippies. but thats just me lol
edit: tho i doubt all hippies are druggys.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
sk8nalmost1394
UG Member
386 IQ
90's-grunge and alt plus most of my favorite songs/albums are from the 90's i also like today and im slowly getting into the 70's and 80's
slipmaggot93
is gonna be famous.
69 IQ
90s. lots of fresh styles were rising.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Stereoaxis
32 IQ
1920s...George Gershwin bitches

No but really, probably the 90s
"Be as radical as reality."
- V.I. Lenin
Sliver12
Mostly Silent
68 IQ
While I started playing guitar in the 90's with the new "alternative" music genre, I don't think I can choose that as my favorite. I think I would have to go with the 30's. All the acoustic blues music. Son House, Blind Willie Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, Robert Johnson. People making music because they loved it. Leadbelly and Woody Guthrie would be coming along with folk music. Again, more people making music for the love of the music. Music was a part of life at this time, TV would only come at the end of the decade. I think people respected music more in these days than we do now. Maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT--
Of course after I posted this I realized that I misread the title...or forgot. I was posting off of my favorite decade of music, not rock and roll. I would then have to fall back on the 90's, particularly in the early half.
Last edited by Sliver12 at May 7, 2009,
David_Bowie=GOD
2,524 IQ
I wouldn't mind living in the 60s or the 90s. The 70s had good music too(especially rock, early metal, proto-punk, and reggae) but it wouldn't be that great to live in if you hate disco, seeing thats what really dominated the airwaves back then.

60s and the 90s had the best bands imo, id say they are almost equal.

The only things I liked about the 80s were the early 80s hardcore punk, thrash metal, alternative bands like dinosaur jr and the sonic youth, and the rise of grunge.

Hair metal and 80s pop music sucks, although I do like Billy Idol....
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at May 7, 2009,
HiImKindaNewAnd
Stupid n00b
234 IQ
The 60's (with new innovations happening, like, every week) or the late 70's to the early 80's ('cause new wave is the best).
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
toyboxmonster
lost in other worlds
340 IQ
late 80's, early 90's.
the beginning and end of alternative rock.
aig91
Annie
8,834 IQ
60s/70s is my favorite.
I don't like the 80s very much.
But I do like the 90s. Although, not as much as I like the 60s/70s.
I guess there are a few good bands that I like in the 00s. But still not as much as I like the 60s/70s.
cornmancer
Thou mayest
814 IQ
Quote by Sliver12
While I started playing guitar in the 90's with the new "alternative" music genre, I don't think I can choose that as my favorite. I think I would have to go with the 30's. All the acoustic blues music. Son House, Blind Willie Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, Robert Johnson. People making music because they loved it. Leadbelly and Woody Guthrie would be coming along with folk music. Again, more people making music for the love of the music. Music was a part of life at this time, TV would only come at the end of the decade. I think people respected music more in these days than we do now. Maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT--
Of course after I posted this I realized that I misread the title...or forgot. I was posting off of my favorite decade of music, not rock and roll. I would then have to fall back on the 90's, particularly in the early half.

Yeah I absolutley love the blues, but not what this thread's about. I agree that 30's was pretty great and people respected music unlike us in the 00's.
randomkidmike
10 IQ
I love music from the Sixties. I also loved the Fifties, but I'll have to go with the Sixties.
cuscus97
100 IQ
It's all about the seventies, the era when bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Stooges, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Bowie, Deep Purple, Sex Pistols, New York Dolls, T.Rex, Ramones, Thin Lizzy, and many others started/came into their own. I don't reckon any other decade can claim such a rich musical tapestry.

60's were good too (the doors, hendrix, beatles), 80's were ok (contained gnr of course, and van halen/metallica) but the 70's were just amazing. 90's and 00's have been pretty rubbish, frankly.
Gear;
Epiphone Dot, Hondo II LP (wi S. Duncans), Squire Affinity Strat, Fender Deluxe 112 Plus (85w)

Best Bands Seen; AC/DC, Metallica, Sex Pistols, Iggy & The Stooges, The Cure, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, The Answer, The Stranglers.
talia.
UG's Military Wimenz
500 IQ
'60s. '70s and '90s. i can't pick just one.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

devin_g94
.. .... ... .... .. ... .
726 IQ
80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s

crue, warrant, winger, poison, la guns, white snake, def lep, dokken, guns and roses, skid row, ratt, bon jovi, bla bla bla bla bla. not to mention the great 70s bands that were still rockin like kiss, acdc, VAN HALEN, and was priest from the 70's? and did someone say......METALLICA!!!!!?!?!?!?!????
Last edited by devin_g94 at May 10, 2009,
The6thBeatle
21 IQ
defo 60's to 80's etc... the beatles to guns n roses...
Im an lefty and learning to play lefty why? why did hendrix?, cobian?, mccartney? lol ill show you guys one day
stykerwolf
footdive!
1,092 IQ
70's and 60's for sure, it's when Zep got awesome, and the 60's is when CCR got awesome.

Worst i would say is 2000's.
FifthHorsemen
133 IQ
70's for me. I like some stuff from every decade, but the 70's really showed to be a changing point after Joplin, Morrison and Hendrix died. And bands like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Queen, Rush, etc. really made some great music and newer styles.
Benjami
Dayviewer
1,937 IQ
I have to go with the 80's i think.
Van Halen, AC/DC, Metallica, Satch, Dio, Twisted Sister.
Awesome music
eberg2
947 IQ
Quote by SaiNt adEL #13
i don't have a favorite specific decade, but my favorite time period is from late 60's to early 80's. anyone agree?

same, i really like a lot of mid 70s to early 80s country/southern rock, i honestly love that and 70s hard rock, and a bit of psychadelic every now and then

my three favorite bands are tom petty and the heartbreakers, grateful dead, and its a tie between poco and the outlaws, so ya... i like the deads 70s output mostly, 72- 74 and then 76-79 then i like their ninetees output till jerry bit it
datzach
Zach Schreiber
69 IQ
I like the 70s for Zepp, AC/DC, Stones, I know Beatles came b4 that but they were there, but i'd still say 80s for GNR, Aerosmith, AC/DC with Brian, etc. so yeah