Page 5 of 23

how about some nice riding routes?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
I finally got my bike back after a two week stay in the local old bikes shop.

Aside from when I've been riding today after picking it up, I've been doing this all day. Finally, I don't have to share a truck with my brother anymore. Rejoice! And I can adventure some more.
Quote by epiless
Goddamn it feels so good to ride in 75 degree weather with just a t shirt on

Bet it wont feel good when an old lady pull out in front of you going 30 and and you get road rash all over your back and arms.

...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Bet it wont feel good when an old lady pull out in front of you going 30 and and you get road rash all over your back and arms.

(Invalid img)

Ill get some cool scars, plus you just gotta pay attention, ride during the right times, traffic conditions, and not put yourself in bad positions.
I'm getting my first street bike soon as I get the money. I've decided I want a ZX6R with the undertail exhaust.
Sorry that I am curious about something you should be excited to talk about. Sorry that I dont have off the top of my head knowledge about a style of motorcycle that I could not give a single **** about.
It's not to hard to just use google. The number of cylinders and how the engine's designed has more to do with the power output and torque curve than simply the displacement of the engine.
Quote by FearMyLightning
It's not to hard to just use google. The number of cylinders and how the engine's designed has more to do with the power output and torque curve than simply the displacement of the engine.

Displacement of the engine is still a decent indicator of the output along with how new the bike is. You didn't even list the year of the Ninja you wanted to get.
I think my brother had a 97 599. I never had the balls to take it out when he had it, then again he sold it a few months after I started getting serious about riding.
My first bike had 43hp, and weighed about the same as the Ninja. That was not nearly fast enough after about a year puttin around town. That Ninja will be way more power than you need to get into trouble on.
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
Length: 7 mi Max elevation: 8,260 ft Total climb: 1,751 ft

So much winning.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by FearMyLightning
Lol I hope it's fast enough for me. 30 HP is just not enough even off road.

Have you ever ridden a street bike on the road before? they are a bit different than riding a dirt bike. you cant just whip it around or drop the clutch like you could regularly do on a dirt bike. riding a 250lb dirt bike that has 30 or 50hp is alot different than a 400lb 100hp street bike, especially the gearing,handling, and torque. all i have to say is be careful and take it slow because you'll be surprised how quickly you can get that bike out of control for someone who hasnt had alot of street experience. just sayin'
Quote by nincompoop
I know how to ride man, it's not like I'm just going to go riding it like a dirtbike. There's two miles of gravel from my house to pavement anyways.
Quote by FearMyLightning
I know how to ride man, it's not like I'm just going to go riding it like a dirtbike. There's two miles of gravel from my house to pavement anyways.

ok well you're the boss
Quote by nincompoop
Wouldn't fancy 2 miles of gravel on a street bike, that's begging for an accident.
Quote by JackalUK
Wouldn't fancy 2 miles of gravel on a street bike, that's begging for an accident.

Could get dual-sport tires for it
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Prototype4342
Could get dual-sport tires for it

on a ninja 600? id like to see that
Quote by nincompoop
The fuck would I do that for? My dad said he rode out here on his streetbike he had for work a few summers. He said it was alright.
Quote by FearMyLightning
The fuck would I do that for?

Shits and giggles, of course.

Anyway... this is near me. Do want, but I need more money. Think I'll get that if it's still there when I get some.
Quote by Flying Couch
Shits and giggles, of course.

Anyway... this is near me. Do want, but I need more money. Think I'll get that if it's still there when I get some.

nice naked. seat is way too big for my taste. great price on it. have you ever thought of buying a ducati monster? i know the older models lack some power but they are nice bikes
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by potcorn56
on a ninja 600? id like to see that

They make very streetable dual sport tires.
-Douglas Adams
Those 599 Hornets are nice. Too bad they don't sell them in the States anymore. We just don't have the naked street bike market that Europe does, I guess.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by potcorn56
nice naked. seat is way too big for my taste. great price on it. have you ever thought of buying a ducati monster? i know the older models lack some power but they are nice bikes

I have. I do love the Monster...

...I mean, damn. I don't think I want anything bigger than a 700 though, so I'll probably be limited to the 620. And I've not checked but I have a sneaking suspicion that insurance on a Ducati will be quite a bit worse than insurance on a Honda.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Those 599 Hornets are nice. Too bad they don't sell them in the States anymore. We just don't have the naked street bike market that Europe does, I guess.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Europe and Japan get all the good shit.
Eh, those kind of standard bikes don't really appeal to me; besides, if I wanted a bike like that, I'd get a Triumph Bonneville. For naked bikes, I still prefer sport bike styling, so something along the lines of the Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZR1000, or the Ducati Streetfighter.

As far as insurance between a Monster and the Hornet, I don't think they'll be that much different. You could always go to an insurance company website and get a free quote. I run numbers on progressive.com all the time to get a general ballpark figure. Difference in maintenance costs will probably be considerable, though.
Hi, I'm Peter
I prefer the Kawasaki Versys over the Hornet.
Quote by Flying Couch
I have. I do love the Monster...

...I mean, damn. I don't think I want anything bigger than a 700 though, so I'll probably be limited to the 620. And I've not checked but I have a sneaking suspicion that insurance on a Ducati will be quite a bit worse than insurance on a Honda.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Europe and Japan get all the good shit.

The monster is very sexy i intend to buy it when i get the money. The 620's arent that beefy the M700 only put out 74hp. I'm looking into getting an M900 or M800 since they are pretty cheap (less than $4K) that CB600f you were looking at is pushing about 95-100hp at only 420lbs. Im surprised that insurance wise the ducati would be a bit more expensive, i guess maybe on the collateral damage on the bike since its a slightly better build but your bodily injury/medical rates might go up with the honda but yet im not an insurance agent so i dont know.

dont know if i posted this yet but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfI6TPbIfg
hollllllyyyyy shit that ****ing sound. another motorcycle to add onto my list
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by Dirk Gently
Eh, those kind of standard bikes don't really appeal to me; besides, if I wanted a bike like that, I'd get a Triumph Bonneville. For naked bikes, I still prefer sport bike styling, so something along the lines of the Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha FZR1000, or the Ducati Streetfighter.

I love them, but I'm too short for a Speed Triple or a Speed Four. Which is a shame, because they're EVERYWHERE around here. Bonnevilles look nice, but I've never had the opportunity to ride one.

I'm amenable to pretty much any style except for some cruisers, really - sport, standard, dual-sport, whatever. But if that Honda I linked came in, say, a 500, that'd probably be my favorite bike. Fast enough to have fun on but not too much so.
Quote by potcorn56
dont know if i posted this yet but
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfI6TPbIfg
hollllllyyyyy shit that ****ing sound. another motorcycle to add onto my list

Dat six cylinder...
For exhaust note, I love the new generation R1 with the crossplane crankshaft.

I really can't wait to get a bike with a 4 cylinder engine. This parallel twin is killing me with the vibration. My right hand starts to get tingly and fall asleep after about 30 minutes of riding, and the fairing vibrations are ridiculous.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently

I really can't wait to get a bike with a 4 cylinder engine. This parallel twin is killing me with the vibration. My right hand starts to get tingly and fall asleep after about 30 minutes of riding, and the fairing vibrations are ridiculous.

That happens to you on a twin?
Try a thumper.

How about a procharged V-twin?

-Douglas Adams
Quote by Dirk Gently

you should try riding my vtwin, its worse than Michael J Fox and Muhammad Ali shaking hands
Quote by nincompoop
You don't get to complain about vibration unless you've ridden a two-stroke dirtbike with Renthal Twinwalls. It's the worst it can get.

I kinda wish i was born in the 1890's so i could flat track or board track motorcycles. plus those bikes are so awesome looking. nothing fancy except for the bare essentials.
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by FearMyLightning
You don't get to complain about vibration unless you've ridden a two-stroke dirtbike with Renthal Twinwalls. It's the worst it can get.

After owning a 4--stroke dirt bike, I will never buy another 2 stroke. They just sound so annoying, and the torque from my 300 is almost as massive as from my dad's 2 stroke 500. They are just so much more fun to ride IMHO than the 2 stroke bikes that whine instead of growl.
-Douglas Adams