Hey, i'm thinking about buying an ESP Eclipse, I was hoping some people could shed some light on the differences between
the ESP Eclipse I

and the Eclipse II

I can't even find anything on the ESP Site about the Eclipse I, I can't even find a similar one with 4 pots.

I can't find any real differences, there is a minor difference on price, and available paint variations. But is there any difference in the materials, build quality or anything else major?
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
They make Eclipse IIs with 4 knobs too. I think the Eclipse II just replaced the Eclipse I since I haven't really seen an Eclipse I. It's probably something small like different tuners. But looking at the pictures, the bottom horn is shaped slightly different.
Eclipse I - non figured maple top
Eclipse II - figured maple top

the Eclipse I you posted is the overseas shape, the Eclipse II you posted is the US shape. if you live in america you get the ****ty (US) shape, rest of world gets the export shape. both run Gotoh tuners now i believe after moving from sperzel a few years ago. and the binding is different the I models also come in a FT variation which means Full Thickness so there is no belly cut at all and also come in a CTM variation which is the custom variation with an ebony fretboard and different binding as well. i may have missed some minor details along the way but i think you get the point that they don't vary as much between each other.

edit: and stop stealing pictures off the bmusic website the least you could do is save it to your hard drive and then place it on a photobucket account so you don't use up their bandwith
thanks... phil?
yeah i just saw your one Eclipse then,
i played the same one the other day, extremely nice.
I just want to see if the quality was the same, i'd get it in alpine white or black tho, so the wood grain wouldn't make too much of a difference visually.
how much did you pay for yours?
i ended up getting mine for $2300 thanks to Shane at Bmusic and a sale they had sadly with the price rises over the past few years i don't think you could get one at the same price ah i see you are an aussie nice Bmusic have a sale one right now and have a ESP Eclipse I CTM FT Snow White for $2695 or a ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White for $2629. if you're interested then i shall show you the way to go.
Actually, they both come with or without figured maple tops.

The differences are:

Eclipse I: Gibson control layout, longer cutaway horn more reminiscent of a gibby
Eclipse II: One less knob, shorter cutaway horn.

You can also get the Eclipse I in a Full Thickness (the body is 55mm thick, same as a Gibson LP), but it's only available in one color outside of a custom shop, and is only available everywhere EXCEPT the US.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at May 11, 2009,
Quote by Shinozoku

The differences are:

Eclipse I: Gibson control layout, longer cutaway horn more reminiscent of a gibby

This guy's Eclipse II has 4 control knobs and the longer horn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyLs8G9GVQ
Quote by JELIFISH19
This guy's Eclipse II has 4 control knobs and the longer horn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyLs8G9GVQ

Bricks have been shat =/

I was seriously under the impression that the Eclipse I was the first version they released that looked more like an LP, and because Gibson was being bitches they changed it slightly and made it the Eclipse II.

Odd.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY WORLD?!?!?!

Odd... the Japanese Eclipse II looks like that, but the USA one has the different horn and layout.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at May 11, 2009,
OK there are a few variations of the ESP Eclipse guitars.

Original Series - No longer produced

Standard Series - Still produced

Eclipse I - 4 knobs long cut away (Sprezel and Gotch Tuners)

Eclipse II - 4 knobs long cut away (Sprezel and Gotch Tuners)

Eclipse II USA - 3 knobs cut away (Gotch Tuners)
Quote by Shinozoku

The differences are:

You can also get the Eclipse I in a Full Thickness (the body is 55mm thick, same as a Gibson LP), but it's only available in one color outside of a custom shop, and is only available everywhere EXCEPT the US.

which Eclipse I comes with a figured maple top and which Eclipse II comes without a figured maple top. the ESP Eclipse Custom of course doesn't count because it's a custom. and my Eclipse II has the proper long horn. what you're confusing is with the US spec Eclipse like i had stated.

edit: okay i just noticed the US Eclipse II had a non figured maple top but i never paid attention to them and they seem to only apply for you. so excluding the US Eclipse II which other Eclipse II have non figured maple tops?
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 12, 2009,
I've got another one for you. This one is an early 1990s Eclipse with the flat top and beveled lower horn. The neck is a birds eye maple with an ebony fretboard. The back of the headstock has the "ESP Custom Guitars" marking. You can file this one under "Old Models." Here are some pictures.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_8vkRS0cybSk/SvX1NdOm5FI/AAAAAAAAAEA/HLW-ZAFMhkk/s512/IMG_3863.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_8vkRS0cybSk/SvX1NdEqbEI/AAAAAAAAAEE/RGzlDVg37yk/s512/IMG_3864.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8vkRS0cybSk/SvX1N24-BSI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/U3k32uI55vE/s512/IMG_3868.JPG
Last edited by six6trings at Nov 22, 2009,
^no reason to bump to show off, man.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/ma/index_end.html#ma200nt

Quote by six6trings
I've got another one for you. This one is an early 1990s Eclipse with the flat top and beveled lower horn. The neck is a birds eye maple with an ebony fretboard. The back of the headstock has the "ESP Custom Guitars" marking. You can file this one under "Old Models." Here are some pictures.