Page 5 of 64
Quote by k7apex
Tough luck dude, they're going out really fast. Why don't you just order it off the internet though?

Cause i dont want some idiots throwing my amp around a warehouse then getting smashed around in a delivery van. I go to the store and make sure it works and sounds good that way!
Quote by JaGi
Cause i dont want some idiots throwing my amp around a warehouse then getting smashed around in a delivery van. I go to the store and make sure it works and sounds good that way!

Good point, always better to be safe than sorry. It's a real nice amp so it's definately worth the wait, hopefully you get it soon.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by JaGi

This happened to me. MF sent me my HT5 and it was totally destroyed. The speaker was pushed through the front of the cabinet and the plywood on the sides and back were busted in half. I cried. MF was really easy to work with though and they sent a new replacement out quick. A+ on service. F- for using UPS.

Another poster asked if anyone else has the combo. I do. I love it too. Only thing that could be improved is the length of the footswitch cable. The clean is super clean and I found it really easy to dial in the right amount of distortion. It also makes for a really good practice amp because you can actually hear it at low volumes and it has a headphone jack.
Quote by k7apex
Tough luck dude, they're going out really fast. Why don't you just order it off the internet though?

How do you do your recording? I'm looking to start, but i don't know what to start with equpment wise. I may have a computer to use, but i'll perferable not use it, and also do you use the emmulated speakers on the head or mic it up?
Emulated out/Headphone Jack -> Line In on computer's sound card. Fire it all up with Audacity and you're good to record. The only real problem is my lack of a reverb pedal. The dry sound going into my computer isn't too pleasant all on it's own.

Quote by philwhite
This happened to me. MF sent me my HT5 and it was totally destroyed. The speaker was pushed through the front of the cabinet and the plywood on the sides and back were busted in half. I cried. MF was really easy to work with though and they sent a new replacement out quick. A+ on service. F- for using UPS.

Another poster asked if anyone else has the combo. I do. I love it too. Only thing that could be improved is the length of the footswitch cable. The clean is super clean and I found it really easy to dial in the right amount of distortion. It also makes for a really good practice amp because you can actually hear it at low volumes and it has a headphone jack.
Crazyness. I ordered my head through MF and it showed up just fine. I've actually ordered a whole lot of stuff on line and I've never *knock on wood* had an issue. But yeah, MF is so easy to deal with that even if I had a problem there still wouldn't be any worries.

I'm glad you like your HT-5C though. It really is one of the better choices for us bedroom guitar players, no?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by nosaj89
http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=15969.0

hey check this link out this guy solved the pedal chord problem.

very good, i may try this if i can't find a simple way to do it. Great link
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
hey, if i get this, would it be a bad idea to take this to my dads every two weeks? i figured that if iget the mini stack i could leave one cab at his house and one at mine, and just take the head and cables to his. The only problem is that apparently valve amps aern't very reliable, but I'm sure amplification is designed for touring and moving around anyway, right?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
hey, if i get this, would it be a bad idea to take this to my dads every two weeks? i figured that if iget the mini stack i could leave one cab at his house and one at mine, and just take the head and cables to his. The only problem is that apparently valve amps aern't very reliable, but I'm sure amplification is designed for touring and moving around anyway, right?

Valve amps aren't very reliable? Never heard that before. I have not had a problem with this and i've had it for 5-6 months. When you buy the mini stack, make sure that you are buying it with the 2 cabs, and not the mini-half stack. Other than that, sounds like a good plan and should work fine.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Valve amps aren't very reliable? Never heard that before. I have not had a problem with this and i've had it for 5-6 months. When you buy the mini stack, make sure that you are buying it with the 2 cabs, and not the mini-half stack. Other than that, sounds like a good plan and should work fine.

great, im about 1/3 of the way to buying it - got £180, £5-60 a week from my various jobs and finally getting to test it tomorrow, although judging from a youtube video it looks perfect for me already.

Quote by metallicafan616
great, im about 1/3 of the way to buying it - got £180, £5-60 a week from my various jobs and finally getting to test it tomorrow, although judging from a youtube video it looks perfect for me already.

What type of music are you going to be playing it though and also what type of gear do you already have?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by nosaj89
http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=15969.0

hey check this link out this guy solved the pedal chord problem.
That's an even better idea for the footswitch.

I need to run out and grab some supplies now :P
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by k7apex
What type of music are you going to be playing it though and also what type of gear do you already have?

Shred ala Michael Angelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker but also Tech Death like Necrophagist, although i will get an OD for that.

I've currently got a 'vintage metalaxxe warp', with ultra high output pickups, with coil splits and apparently the wood has a similar tonality to mahogany, although i'd say its closer to basswood in that its very balanced rather than bright/dark.

other than that a roland microcube which i use for busking and a cheap stratocaster.

Quote by metallicafan616
Shred ala Michael Angelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen and Jason Becker but also Tech Death like Necrophagist, although i will get an OD for that.

I've currently got a 'vintage metalaxxe warp', with ultra high output pickups, with coil splits and apparently the wood has a similar tonality to mahogany, although i'd say its closer to basswood in that its very balanced rather than bright/dark.

other than that a roland microcube which i use for busking and a cheap stratocaster.

An OD sounds perfect for the situation, i love my Ibanez TS9, but if you look around there are cheaper options. Also, what type of stratocaster (M.I.M. or Squier) because if your playing some of that shred stuff, it may be worth saving up also for another guitar if you aren't happy with what you are using. I always recommend Schecter now, love them to death.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
An OD sounds perfect for the situation, i love my Ibanez TS9, but if you look around there are cheaper options. Also, what type of stratocaster (M.I.M. or Squier) because if your playing some of that shred stuff, it may be worth saving up also for another guitar if you aren't happy with what you are using. I always recommend Schecter now, love them to death.

Do schecter do strats?

and anyone buy my EC 401
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Do schecter do strats?

and anyone buy my EC 401

They have the PT series which is telecaster.

They are also some that are based loosly on the strat. Look on their website for one that suits you.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/

I have found that most schecters i have played so far have sounded great though the HT-5
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
They have the PT series which is telecaster.

They are also some that are based loosly on the strat. Look on their website for one that suits you.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/

I have found that most schecters i have played so far have sounded great though the HT-5

yeah i knew about the PT ones
was just wondering if they did strat thats all
im not looking to buy one,
my next guitar is a ibanez RGA42
when i can sell this EC 401 of mine

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
yeah i knew about the PT ones
was just wondering if they did strat thats all
im not looking to buy one,
my next guitar is a ibanez RGA42
when i can sell this EC 401 of mine

Well, they did do a guitar called the Schecter Banshee a few years ago. Sadly it got discontinued. I've been looking for one for alittle while, so if on your search you find one, let me know please. Ibanez make quality guitars though (i own one of their 7 strings) so that is my second choice in guitar manufacture.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Anyone try a TS808 with the HT5?
I'm thinking about making a pedal or two, and I'm wonder if it would go well with it.

I'm getting anxious waiting for my HT5c to come in, fedex called today and said monday, I was hoping to get it this week, since it shipped tuesday...

I'm also thinking about making some sort of wah pedal. Here is a list of diy pedals with parts/circuits http://www.tonepad.com/projects.asp?projectType=fx
Last edited by ninjab at May 28, 2009,
Quote by ninjab
Anyone try a TS808 with the HT5?
I'm thinking about making a pedal or two, and I'm wonder if it would go well with it.

I'm getting anxious waiting for my HT5c to come in, fedex called today and said monday, I was hoping to get it this week, since it shipped tuesday...

I use a TS9 with mine, i don't know how different the sound or circuit is, but i like the sound of it and it accepts it quiet well.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Well, they did do a guitar called the Schecter Banshee a few years ago. Sadly it got discontinued. I've been looking for one for alittle while, so if on your search you find one, let me know please. Ibanez make quality guitars though (i own one of their 7 strings) so that is my second choice in guitar manufacture.

well im going "shopping" next week i think and the place me and my mate are going stock ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, Fender, Jackson so im gonna play a few and see what i like the feel of

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
well im going "shopping" next week i think and the place me and my mate are going stock ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, Fender, Jackson so im gonna play a few and see what i like the feel of

Have fun with that, all of those are great brands. Ibanez and Schecter are my personal choice of weapons and they seem to be better quality for their price, thats just my opinion though
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Have fun with that, all of those are great brands. Ibanez and Schecter are my personal choice of weapons and they seem to be better quality for their price, thats just my opinion though

Thank you, will let you know if i find something worth talkin about lol. Yeah ive been meaning to find myself a nice ibanez, i had a S7320 but didnt get one with 7 strings, although i would like to give them another go in the future,

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
btw nearly 3000 views
nice going K7apex

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Hey guys this is my first post to the forum and I must say the Blackstar HT-5 just kicks so much a$$! I just got the head version in today and I have only just begun to scratch the surface of tones on this little monster! I have to say if yo u are looking for a great amp at a killer price this is IT! I have the head hooked up to my 4x12 and I cant believe the sounds I am getting. Anything from crystal cleans to metal at its finest. I was going to ask you guys that own one if you would supply some of you favorite setting on here so I can try them out for myself. I play mostly metal but any settings you have are a welcome to me. I still cant even believe how loud this thing is! I have not even had it a quarter aof the way up and it is shakin the house guys. I love IT! Thanks for your replys and I look forward to your responces!!!! Blackstar all the way!!!!
Quote by monster619
Hey guys this is my first post to the forum and I must say the Blackstar HT-5 just kicks so much a$$! I just got the head version in today and I have only just begun to scratch the surface of tones on this little monster! I have to say if yo u are looking for a great amp at a killer price this is IT! I have the head hooked up to my 4x12 and I cant believe the sounds I am getting. Anything from crystal cleans to metal at its finest. I was going to ask you guys that own one if you would supply some of you favorite setting on here so I can try them out for myself. I play mostly metal but any settings you have are a welcome to me. I still cant even believe how loud this thing is! I have not even had it a quarter aof the way up and it is shakin the house guys. I love IT! Thanks for your replys and I look forward to your responces!!!! Blackstar all the way!!!!

just the way we like it
welcome to the group

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Yay, another 4x12 user.

What kinda 4x12?
Quote by Marty Friedman
I came so close to being able to get one today but i decided against this cab on ebay. I mad a decision that if i get a new amp, im going to get it with a nice 2x12 or maybe even a 4x12 if i were to be so lucky because even though i could have easily bought some beaten up Crate 4x12 for like $70 AUD i decided that it was probably crap and even if i resold it i would have gotten maybe 200-300 if the buyer was generous.

I get money really, really infrequently so it would be a long time before i would be able to upgrade cabs or even new speakers for it so im trying to be really stingy and careful. On aussie Ebay, there is a JCM 900 cab that i MIGHT be able to buy but im not sure. Also it would be great to get it but i would have to drive from Sydney all the way up to Woolongong to pick it up.

Does anyone know if Randall 4x12's are good because there are so many of the going for real cheap but i cant help but feel that they will be crap because they are probably they're really low-end cab.

Today i realized the Line 6 Spider has screwed me again, because of it i have never felt the need to buy effects stompboxes and now i will have no effects for when i do get the Blackstar costing me more $$$. FML

WHEN WILL MY CONSTANT GAS END!!!!!! (sorry for angry rant)
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Dude, honestly, if you cannot afford a good 4x12 then don't bother getting one. A good quality 2x12 will serve you better than an awful 4x12. Hell, if you can't afford a good 2x12 then get a 1x12. Orange 1x12's come with Vintage 30's and can be found for reasonable prices occasionally.
Quote by Marty Friedman
im just going for a 4x12 because there arn't many 2x12s on ebay, the only ones are ridiculously expensive Avatars that i cant afford. I have a chance to get a JCM 900 4x12 off ebay which goes off in 2 days. Instead of making a bid now im oing to wait till the last minute and then bid if the price isnt too high because there is only one bid so far.

Also i just want something bigger than a 1x12, whether it sounds better or looks better i just want one as shallow as it is. The only problem is just i would just have enough and i wouldn't have enough left over for pedals but it doesnt matter il just have to keep saving (also i found out i can get Boss CE-2's for dirt cheap off ebay. I just want to get this over with because i already have 2 guitars which i like so i want to get a good amp with some good pedals for good tone and to be satisfied enough that i can dedicate my money to other things i want/need.

Believe me, when i get all the gear i need i plan on a post here and a MASSIVE NAD thread.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Gotcha, I got my 4x12 for superficial reasons also.

If you wanna maximize your chances of getting that JCM900 cab then Google around for a website that'll snipe ebay auctions for you.

These services place a bid for you a couple of seconds before an auction ends. You can put in a maximum bid and the service will continue to increase the bidding by the minimum amount, cutting you off in the event that you reach your maximum bid amount.

Sniping isn't 100% perfect though. If you don't leave enough time before the auction ends for the site to get your bid in you might find that even though you placed your maximum at a higher price than the item sold for there wasn't enough time for another bid to be placed. You can also sometimes encounter multiple users sniping the same item. The cab might be really cheap at like, ten minutes left in the auction. Then in the last minute everyone's bids start pouring in from these sniping sites and the price shoots up through the roof.

Anyway, just Google 'ebay sniping' if you wanna learn more and find providers. These services are available for free, the sites only require registration.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by TOMMYB22

Does anyone know if Randall 4x12's are good because there are so many of the going for real cheap but i cant help but feel that they will be crap because they are probably they're really low-end cab.

I've got a Randall 4x12, and ive gotta say, for the money its fantastic. Loaded with Jaguar speakers, which i have no idea about, but they sound great. Ive HEARD that the Jaguar's are made by Celestion, but dont take my word for it, just something i read somewhere. (Can anyone shed any light on these speakers? Cant find any information anywhere) But yeah, great cab, especially for the price.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by k7apex

well, my strat is more just a back up at the moment, because, being a starter pack guitar, it is beyond terrible, its horrendus. the 22nd fret sticks off the fretboard at the bottom, the string trees had to be filed down because they snapped my strings, the bridge is a bit rusty, it sounds crap and the middle pickup isn't reverse wound too.

but i wan't to upgrade my amp first, probably to the ht-5, then get some effects like an OD and a reverb pedal. then a new guitar to replace that thing

EDIT: because its interesting to know, i had a dream about blackstar amps last night.
it started off with me finnally getting to the shop that stocks them (although the place seemed to change every 2 minutes) and got plugged in, the amps isf nob seemed to basically transform it into any amp every made, along with their features and its only cost 180.99 for the ministack. i accidentally walked out with a blackheart killer ant

Last edited by metallicafan616 at May 29, 2009,
Quote by metallicafan616

EDIT: because its interesting to know, i had a dream about blackstar amps last night.
it started off with me finnally getting to the shop that stocks them (although the place seemed to change every 2 minutes) and got plugged in, the amps isf nob seemed to basically transform it into any amp every made, along with their features and its only cost 180.99 for the ministack. i accidentally walked out with a blackheart killer ant

Haha, awesome dream I can say though that i've never dreamed about my amp before, or atleast not yet.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Haha, awesome dream I can say though that i've never dreamed about my amp before, or atleast not yet.

i have 3 dreams :
sexual fantasies
amps
being famous

Quote by metallicafan616
i have 3 dreams :
sexual fantasies
amps
being famous

Combine them and you can get a pretty awesome dream i get (i imagine a dream of have sex with someone else famous since your famous and it someone having an orgasm thats either cause by an amplifier or is played through one, lol)

I have a strange imagination
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
well, i just tried out the HT-5, and i think it was bit too trebly, and the shop asking me to stop trying it after about 20 minnutes didn't help. i had to have the bass at around 8 and the treble at 0 to get a sound close to what i'm after. Tbh, the tone i got out of it was similar to a JSX, but not quite as smooth as the XXX which is currrently my dream amp. I'm still gonna keep it as an option, because for the price and even a bit over it, it sounds great and it may just be that i didn't have enough time to play with it.

having said this, it might just be because of my odd taste in tone, i don't know anyone who scoops treble as much as i do lol.
EDIT: it could have been the speakers weren't broken in though, i think they were brand new.

Quote by metallicafan616
well, i just tried out the HT-5, and i think it was bit too trebly, and the shop asking me to stop trying it after about 20 minnutes didn't help. i had to have the bass at around 8 and the treble at 0 to get a sound close to what i'm after. Tbh, the tone i got out of it was similar to a JSX, but not quite as smooth as the XXX which is currrently my dream amp. I'm still gonna keep it as an option, because for the price and even a bit over it, it sounds great and it may just be that i didn't have enough time to play with it.

having said this, it might just be because of my odd taste in tone, i don't know anyone who scoops treble as much as i do lol.
EDIT: it could have been the speakers weren't broken in though, i think they were brand new.

i normally have my treble at 6-9 (lol)
mids 2-7 depends
and bass like 6-9 (again lol)
ISF smacked right to the left and gain just under full most of th time

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
i normally have my treble at 6-9 (lol)
mids 2-7 depends
and bass like 6-9 (again lol)
ISF smacked right to the left and gain just under full most of th time

i had bass 8, mids 9 treble 1 and isf at about 2 or 7 to get a good shred tone, ala necrophagist at 2 and MAB at 7

I think i'm gonna go for buying it, and get a preamp and OD to go with it.

i just got mine yesterday!
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive