Page 252 of 252
boberton
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Minkaro

I stopped seeing a girl 5 years ago...started dating someone else 9 months later and have been married to her for just over a year now. Still think about the first lady several times a week. Doesn't get much easier, you just get use to it.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
I'm in really bad emotional stress right now and I honestly don't really know why. Things are so on the upslope for me with no real signs of anything I need to worry about desperately but I'm still freaking the fuck out at this moment. I'm easily the best off I've ever been financially and romantically and emotionally and I have more people I can turn to than ever, but I feel bad bringing up every single time I feel off and can't explain why. I feel like eventually they'll stop caring, and for good reason. So I'm not bothering to tell my girlfriend how depressed I am the majority of the time, and most people know even less. Instead I just get way too attached and resent every moment I have away from the people I care about since I experience most any positive emotion vicariously through the people I know who actually enjoy life without even trying while on my own I just sleep too much and listen to The Cure a lot.

On a similar note, I wish I could just be ok with being not good at music. I've begun to draw a lot just because it's less stressful lately and I'm perfectly fine sucking at that. But music has to be perfect, every sound can always be better and I'm almost going insane trying to get my songs sound professional quality. I hate admitting to that too because I feel like the amount of work I've put in it only sort of shows. I want so badly to not come across as another bedroom musician trying to emulate bands way out of his reach.

It's funny how we learn to resent growing pains most of all.

Fuck I can't even help but edit this post with better word choices when realistically, I know I've been up too late and I need to get some sleep and recharge. I'm not going to say anything terribly revealing about myself, but I guess I'll try too hard anyway. It's funny how I try so little at most things and I hold authenticity higher than most anything else, and I'm frequently told by those around me that my best quality is my absolute inability to be fake or be anything other than myself, but I still feel like a total try-hard. I'm a paradox that the universe hasn't removed from the equation yet.
Last edited by whywefight at Jul 8, 2016,
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,466 IQ
Quote by whywefight
I'm in really bad emotional stress right now and I honestly don't really know why. Things are so on the upslope for me with no real signs of anything I need to worry about desperately but I'm still freaking the fuck out at this moment. I'm easily the best off I've ever been financially and romantically and emotionally and I have more people I can turn to than ever, but I feel bad bringing up every single time I feel off and can't explain why. I feel like eventually they'll stop caring, and for good reason. So I'm not bothering to tell my girlfriend how depressed I am the majority of the time, and most people know even less. Instead I just get way too attached and resent every moment I have away from the people I care about since I experience most any positive emotion vicariously through the people I know who actually enjoy life without even trying while on my own I just sleep too much and listen to The Cure a lot.

On a similar note, I wish I could just be ok with being not good at music. I've begun to draw a lot just because it's less stressful lately and I'm perfectly fine sucking at that. But music has to be perfect, every sound can always be better and I'm almost going insane trying to get my songs sound professional quality. I hate admitting to that too because I feel like the amount of work I've put in it only sort of shows. I want so badly to not come across as another bedroom musician trying to emulate bands way out of his reach.

It's funny how we learn to resent growing pains most of all.

Fuck I can't even help but edit this post with better word choices when realistically, I know I've been up too late and I need to get some sleep and recharge. I'm not going to say anything terribly revealing about myself, but I guess I'll try too hard anyway. It's funny how I try so little at most things and I hold authenticity higher than most anything else, and I'm frequently told by those around me that my best quality is my absolute inability to be fake or be anything other than myself, but I still feel like a total try-hard. I'm a paradox that the universe hasn't removed from the equation yet.

Go to a therapist or counselling for a session or two to see what they make of the situation?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
drdoom8793
UG's Morokei
201 IQ
Quote by boberton
Minkaro

I stopped seeing a girl 5 years ago...started dating someone else 9 months later and have been married to her for just over a year now. Still think about the first lady several times a week. Doesn't get much easier, you just get use to it.

This. I dated a girl over 7 years ago and it ended very badly. I've been with my girlfriend (now fiance) for almost 5 years. There are still days that I think back to the other girl, even after all this time.
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
lighthearted post that fits with the other posts on the page:

tonight is one of those nights (the same as every other night but i'm feeling extra stupid and melodramatic) and i can't sleep again, so i googled "how to deal with being lonely" (real proud of this one). all the results say shit like "talk to a trusted friend" lol wtf.
i_lovemetallica
You stupid f****g bastard
230 IQ
Quote by slipknot5678

Yeah, most advice I've found about trying to break out of loneliness tends to be written by people who've never really been lonely......
"And he turns into a cat and exploded"
Spinnerweb
Lime Pawpaw
30 IQ
Quote by i_lovemetallica

^
Pretty much the same with people who write 'How to Deal with Unhappiness' stuff. Dude, if our unhappiness was so fleeting that having an ice cream or watching a comedy would fix it, we wouldn't have had to search for such articles.
i_lovemetallica
You stupid f****g bastard
230 IQ
Quote by Spinnerweb

Pretty much the same with people who write 'How to Deal with Unhappiness' stuff. Dude, if our unhappiness was so fleeting that having an ice cream or watching a comedy would fix it, we wouldn't have had to search for such articles.

"And he turns into a cat and exploded"
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jul 13, 2016,
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i personally love it when people see the concept of depression as being so down you stay in bed for days on end and only that.

"but i saw you smile yesterday. there's no way you could be depressed"
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by slipknot5678

genius, why didn't I think of that
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
I feel really stupid for being terrified of mold. But I am and it's no use pretending I'm not. I hope I will have more pleasant experiences with mold in the future to cancel out the traumatizing times.
cat
seventh_angel
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet
3,144 IQ
Quote by guitarxo
I feel really stupid for being terrified of mold. But I am and it's no use pretending I'm not. I hope I will have more pleasant experiences with mold in the future to cancel out the traumatizing times.
What ?

Sorry for asking, but what traumatizing times did mold bring ? Genuinely curious, because the only thing I understand is taking a bite on it and feeling grossed out ( which I understand, but wouldn't consider traumatizing )
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
lol

not sure what pleasant experiences you
can
have with mold.

i mean, blue cheese is p good.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
seventh_angel
So-Called New-Age(d) Poet
3,144 IQ
Wait, hold up, I'm not saying mold is pleasant. I'm just wondering how does it become traumatizing and terrifying, because it's usually like:

"Oh, hey, let me grab this peach." ... "Oh no."

EDIT: Oh wait, it was her who mentioned pleasant experiences with mold. Nevermind.
Last edited by seventh_angel at Jul 13, 2016,
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
that was meant for her.

my avatar p much sums up my reaction to mold.
Pastafarian96
Piano nerd for the ages
2,454 IQ
There are more than 1500 types of mold

Just had to get that off my chest, no relation to any of the conversation here at all
si accepero tempus ego dilexi vos

Honoured friend of Harvey Swick

Fascinating stuff by me

A poem.

Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls
Bladez22
Faerie boy
241 IQ
I had mold growing in my room once, it spread to my pillow without m noticing and gave me a proper nasty chest infection. Went to the doctors after being ill for 3 days and couldn't walk upstairs without almost collapsing, he told me off cos I should've gone asap for a mold related illness, that shit can be deadly apparently
I guess I still miss you
Oh well, it's me and you
What else should we do?
When talking is for functioning people
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
Quote by seventh_angel

"Oh, hey, let me grab this peach." ... "Oh no."

So that happened pretty much every day for several years with food and non-food items. Instead of getting used to it I'm now ultra paranoid about finding mold somewhere and it is quite distressing for me to see it. I found a pot of yogurt with 4 different types of mold growing in it a few days ago and I couldn't even look at it for more than a second or I wouldn't have been able to breathe properly. I had to get my bf to throw the whole pot out.

I enjoyed looking at mold and other fungi under a microscope in my microbiology labs.
cat
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
My depression has gotten so much better and worse over the last year and a half it's not even funny. I broke myself out of a rut and experienced a taste of what life can be and now any second that I spend in whatever miserable flavor of the week situation I'm currently in plunges me into depression far worse than ever.

When I tell people that, they just say, 'well find a job and a life that doesn't make you depressed'.

Fuck that answer so much. It's so ridiculously hard to do anything nowadays. And I'm using money as an excuse for not going to see a therapist but now I'm starting to get legitimately scared that it will get worse. I already think about cutting myself most days but I've never done it, thank god. Don't ever plan on it either but I can't help but think about it all the time.

I oversleep constantly and dealing with my financial problems is an absolutely daunting task that I don't think I can handle alone. Luckily I don't have to now. And oh god I don't even want to think about my career. Even doing music is too hard nowadays. I don't watch tv, I don't play video games, I don't play guitar, I don't watch youtube, I don't listen to music near as much, I don't post on here near as much, I don't hang out with friends as much. I don't even work as many hours as I used to. In fact I work barely over half the hours I used to but it feels the same. What the absolute fuck do I do with my time? It just disappears.

I wish my own thoughts weren't so awfully toxic that I have to replace them with absolutely anything I can
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,466 IQ
What the fuck do I have to do to avoid pissing people off.

I can't even have a conversation with some people in the family anymore. If I try to express an opinion or suggest something then all I get is shouted at and accused of being condescending and then told that I don't have the right to an opinion because i'm the youngest in the family and have no life experience.

Don't know why I bother speaking anymore. It's not worth the hassle.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Minkaro
UG's Mink
1,198 IQ
So, you've acted like a complete cunt to me, shut off all communication and refused to talk to me. I haven't done anything wrong, and yet I'm still willing to apologise to you over whatever it is you think I've done. I'm almost certainly better off without you in my life, and yet all I want to do is talk to you.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
I hate you rock.

You made me stub my toe
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
fuck rock man
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
apparently have no health insurance right now and i'm almost out of meds.

good times.
drdoom8793
UG's Morokei
201 IQ
Would you just make a decision already?! At this point, I just want you to pick somebody for the damn promotion! I'm tired of waiting!
delirium
V
12 IQ
I feel like I just don't fit in to society or with people anywhere. I've Improved a bit through life, made many more friends than I had before, and cruised with them a lot. (went to places, talked about things going on all that normal stuff friends do) But, I still find myself always wanting to be distant from others. Even when I'm having fun, I still prefer to be by myself. I get calls and texts messages asking if I want to chill or something but I always say I'm busy even though I'm not. I wish I knew the reason why I do these things and act this way.

Had no idea how to put it but gave it a shot as best I can.
Why do I continue Living?
User ID = 16