Page 3 of 7
Bolt Thrower, are you kidding me?

They may have influenced grindcore, but most certainly are not grindcore.

Quote by NeonTerror
Job for a cowboy are an awesome _________ band. No but seriously crustcore? Pretty sure crust punk is already core enough. Thrashcore is basically power violence but more metal and they don't growl.

Deathcore
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Last edited by The Philosopher at May 21, 2009,
Wtf thrashcore is not crust at all. You guyz are all teh wrong. If there is anyone on these forums who know what hardcore punk is and its extreme sub genres, its Internal Chaos, STABxYOU and myself. Thrashcore to my knowledge is less raw and intense form of power violence. Supposedly thrash was a term for hardcore punk back in the early 80s. One of the reasons this sub genre is so confusing.

The Philosopher, I was only kidding I'd tell one of you to punch me in the face if I were serious.
xThrashxAttackx
Last edited by NeonTerror at May 21, 2009,
Sorry to double post, but I'd like to keep this thread going. It pisses me off that grindcore is in the wrong section to begin with. No wonder it gets no attention, half of the people in the metal forums don't even know what grindcore is.
xThrashxAttackx
Oh lawdy I cannot believe I was about to even try
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at May 21, 2009,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
You wish you were supposedly the only one who knew what he was talking about

Neonate

Yes, there are a lot of people who don't know what they are talking about.

And from what your continuing to push and say, you are not a shining example of knowledge either. Just some kid on the internet that knows more about Grind/Punk then the internet Metal kids.

On these forums, I've seen enough to say that I am. Not only over the internet. If I'm not a shining example of knowledge then please do tell, who is? I'm the ignorant bad guy, because I've acquired what I know throughout the years. If you aren't going to appreciate knowledge then please, go away.

Well you did try and it was completely stupid. You got on my case for absolutely no reason.
xThrashxAttackx
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Oh lawdy I cannot believe I was about to even try

Well now it's too late...

TO PRAAAAAAAAAAAAY! (couldn't resist)

But yes, to keep this topic from dieing a miserable death, someone recommend me grind in the vein of Sore Throat.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Well now it's too late...

TO PRAAAAAAAAAAAAY! (couldn't resist)

But yes, to keep this topic from dieing a miserable death, someone recommend me grind in the vein of Sore Throat.

I never liked Sore Throat, so I don't know too much about them but you can try
Hail of Rage: http://www.myspace.com/****ingpissed

They are crust. Sore throat isn't very grind, atleast from what I heard.
xThrashxAttackx
Quote by NeonTerror
If you aren't going to appreciate knowledge then please, go away.

The best part about you saying this?

You would be the one going away.

Hint: I've been listening to true Grind since 89/90
I think you were sperm at the time
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
The best part about you saying this?

You would be the one going away.

Hint: I've been listening to true Grind since 89/90
I think you were sperm at the time

So? doesn't mean you know more then I do or any less. This isn't a thread for arguing, why don't you just help people out and give them some awesome grind and crust bands.
xThrashxAttackx
But seriously am I right folk?

Grind has never done much for me, but every now and then you get some great musicians in the scene.

Every now and then.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
But seriously am I right folk?

Grind has never done much for me, but every now and then you get some great musicians in the scene.

Every now and then.

Umm there are a ton of great grind bands. Great musicians? honestly, if you want good musicianship, grind or just punk in general isn't your best bet. It has done alot for me considering extreme sub genres of hardcore punk are my favorite type of music next to death metal and post rock.
xThrashxAttackx
Quote by NeonTerror
Umm there are a ton of great grind bands. Great musicians? honestly, if you want good musicianship, grind or just punk in general isn't your best bet. It has done alot for me considering extreme sub genres of hardcore punk are my favorite type of music next to death metal and post rock.

What are you doing
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
What are you doing

What are you doing. You just said there are few good musicians in grind. Grindcore is not for showing off your musical skills, so of course there is going to be few, not like it even matters when it comes down to punk... you know, watered down rock and roll?
xThrashxAttackx
Oblivious aloof-dom, by NeonTerror
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
So how bout that Horrified played in entirety coming up?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I like grindcore, even some of the more metal sounding bands. Deathgrind/goregrind isn't tr00 grindcore, but some of it is pretty interesting.

Quote by Internal Chaos
xNEGATRONx is working on grind material now, as well as pop punk.

Why not combine them? Popviolence?

Quote by NeonTerror
Thrashcore to my knowledge is less raw and intense form of power violence. Supposedly thrash was a term for hardcore punk back in the early 80s. One of the reasons this sub genre is so confusing.

Thrash was originally applied to Orange County/Huntington Beach bands playing faster/heavier punk then the older LA scene. Hardcore punk was first used to mean 'DIY' punk, as opposed to 'new wave' bands who were seen as joining the establishment. Thrash influenced punk became the main sort of punk, more 'rock' leaning punk bands split off into the emerging 'alternative/college rock' scene, hardcore punk became synonymous with thrash.

While on the east coast hardcore slowed down and focused on 'mosh' parts other hardcore bands played even faster then ever, this is where 'thrashcore' came from. Powerviolence is more experimental thrashcore/grindcore.

Adding to the confusion two other crossover movements appeared in the mid/late 80s, crossover thrash (west coast thrashcore with thrash metal breakdowns) and metalcore (east coast 'moshcore' with thrash metal breakdowns)

Crust punk wasn't really related to hardcore, which was mostly an American phenomenon. Crust punk was largely a European thing at first, the result of kids who agreed with Crass but wanted to play heavier/gloomier versions of it to show how hopeless they felt about impending nuclear war.

The American crust punk scene started with the more left-wing parts of the NY hardcore punk scene, who didn't like the tough guy sound that had taken over and along with fast hardcore bands and post-hardcore/emo bands formed a sort of 'other' hardcore scene.

TL;DR: Essentially the confusion comes from ignoring that thrash replaced metal and punk, almost all punk and almost all metal since the term thrash was coined have been based in thrash.

Edit: Rather then delete this rambling turd, I'll leave it up for future mocking.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at May 21, 2009,
This history bollocks is wrecking my head.

VG: Scott Carlson still sounds awesome - you heard his tracks with Death Breath?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
That wasn't hard to comprehend at all.
Go to college kids.
Have fun.

And I've heard so many mixed things about Deathbreath and never checked em out.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Theyre not even that great, just good to know that Scott can still ming it up like he used to!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Good to hear
Would chop my balls off to see Horrified played live
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one

If that could be pulled off right it would actually be f-cking awesome.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by NeonTerror
Wtf thrashcore is not crust at all. You guyz are all teh wrong. If there is anyone on these forums who know what hardcore punk is and its extreme sub genres, its Internal Chaos, STABxYOU and myself. Thrashcore to my knowledge is less raw and intense form of power violence. Supposedly thrash was a term for hardcore punk back in the early 80s. One of the reasons this sub genre is so confusing.

The Philosopher, I was only kidding I'd tell one of you to punch me in the face if I were serious.

Irony, you are still hilarious.
Quote by Monolith295
If that could be pulled off right it would actually be f-cking awesome.

That's what I was thinking. Thrashcore, but melodic, like H20 meets Spazz.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Magrudergrind's working (or done with) a self titled full length. Let me check real quick.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
New Magrudergrind? This is relevant to my interests.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Yeah. Found the ad again. Comes out 6.16. Not soon enough.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by The Evil Hat
...when have i argued that Fukk...I'm Dead ARE STRAIGHT UP GRINDCORE? i haven't. i'm saying that they're deathgrind, which is influenced from grindcore. not IS grindcore, is INFLUENCED by grindcore. as far as i can tell, we're arguing the same thing at this point.

Well the fact of the matter is we're arguing in a Grind thread in the metal forum, pretty much proves my point.

This is in the wrong forum. This should be in the hardcore forum. You're discussing grindcore that came about from punk and using it in the same breath as deathgrind/goregrind. It's like going into the hardcore forum and saying "yeah my favourite hardcore bands are Cro-Mags, Bad Brains and Origin". It's wrong. Just like how you put Between the Buried and Me in here when they're obviously metalcore, and Amebix (on Antischism, forgot what thread in here) when they're obviously crust punk.
Quote by Monolith295

I'd heard the first, didn't like. Second was absolutely disgusting.

I hate that kind of stuff, wecamewithbrokenteeth, 100deadrabbits, Dr. Acula, Pre-School Tea Party Massacre etc. It's so bad
Quote by STABxYOU

I'll give it a shot . Won't make it a xNEGATRONx song, but will try to write one all the same.

Blink 182/Magrudergrind, I'm feeling this coming on.

Leave NeonTerror alone.
You know what, this seems like a challenge for the Original Recordings Contest forum... Popviolence song contest anyone?
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
^ I am looking forward to this.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Internal Chaos
Well the fact of the matter is we're arguing in a Grind thread in the metal forum, pretty much proves my point.

This is in the wrong forum. This should be in the hardcore forum. You're discussing grindcore that came about from punk and using it in the same breath as deathgrind/goregrind. It's like going into the hardcore forum and saying "yeah my favourite hardcore bands are Cro-Mags, Bad Brains and Origin". It's wrong. Just like how you put Between the Buried and Me in here when they're obviously metalcore, and Amebix (on Antischism, forgot what thread in here) when they're obviously crust punk.

but WHY? are you honestly going to argue that something like Napalm Death or Repulsion has no metal in it? If not, then why can't we discuss them? and if we can discuss them, but not 'true' grind, then why the split? really, it's not that big a deal. if you want to go open a grindcore thread in the hardcore forum, have fun. i just don't see why it can't be discussed here.

EDIT: i'll admit you're right about Amebix, though.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
The metal forum just steals the "good" -core bands.
(good in quotes not because they suck but because there are still good hardcore bands not in here)
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by The Evil Hat
but WHY? are you honestly going to argue that something like Napalm Death or Repulsion has no metal in it? If not, then why can't we discuss them? and if we can discuss them, but not 'true' grind, then why the split? really, it's not that big a deal. if you want to go open a grindcore thread in the hardcore forum, have fun. i just don't see why it can't be discussed here.

EDIT: i'll admit you're right about Amebix, though.

Yes, I am saying Napalm Death and Repulsion have no metal in it. Why? Because they are fast punk with growls. Not punk influenced by death metal. It's all punk. Which is why the original grind genre does not belong in the metal forum.
Repulsion has no metal in it? what? are you honestly claiming that? that just doesn't make sense. Besides, what about something like Carcass?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Repulsion has a very trashy sound, thrash also coming from punk/hardcore. Vocals are thrashy and similar to most grind and all the riffs are thrashy.

Carcass were Goregrind, and were terrible. They aimed at being the most brutal band ever and failed, and their riffs were all death metal styled. That's why they're goregrind, not death grind.
Quote by Internal Chaos
Repulsion has a very trashy sound, thrash also coming from punk/hardcore. Vocals are thrashy and similar to most grind and all the riffs are thrashy.

Carcass were Goregrind, and were terrible. They aimed at being the most brutal band ever and failed, and their riffs were all death metal styled. That's why they're goregrind, not death grind.

Yes but Repulsion does have some riffs that many would argue over. Still though, a riff, or two, doesn't mean much. What really stands out though are the solos. Thats not punk. Metal bands were influenced by Repulsion not the other way around. Punk was always ahead of its time when it came to being extreme.
xThrashxAttackx
Last edited by NeonTerror at May 22, 2009,