Page 4 of 7
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Im not a huge Grindcore fan. The only band i realy listen to grindcore wise is Lakupaavi. what would be the best place to start?

Older Carcass or old Napalm Death are probably the most accesible forms of Grind, and are a start into the genre.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Im not a huge Grindcore fan. The only band i realy listen to grindcore wise is Lakupaavi. what would be the best place to start?

I hate the vocalist of Lakupaavi. Try Bathtub ****ter. Get ready for some of the greatest vocals of all time.

Skate of Bulgaria, **** Hip Raper and Umber are great songs. Along with the D.R.I. cover.

People always say start with the classics, I say just go on a search spree on Myspace or Last.FM. But seriously, check out Cretin. They are a rip off of Repulsion but they are sick. Who doesn't enjoy a classic sound.
xThrashxAttackx
Last edited by NeonTerror at May 22, 2009,
Quote by The Kreator
Older Carcass.

I forgot about them, I do have a best of wich has some of their older stuff on it.

Quote by NeonTerror
I hate the vocalist of Lakupaavi. Try Bathtub ****ter. Get ready for some of the greatest vocals of all time.

Skate of Bulgaria, **** Hip Raper and Umber are great songs. Along with the D.R.I. cover.

People always say start with the classics, I say just go on a search spree on Myspace or Last.FM. But seriously, check out Cretin. They are a rip off of Repulsion but they are sick. Who doesn't enjoy a classic sound.

I quite like Vile's vocals, but they are an aquired taste, even in moonsorrow I know people who dont like his voice. but there a few vocalists in lakupaavi, if i remember rightly.

ill give Bathtub ****ter a listen then. thanks
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I forgot about them, I do have a best of wich has some of their older stuff on it.

I quite like Vile's vocals, but they are an aquired taste, even in moonsorrow I know people who dont like his voice. but there a few vocalists in lakupaavi, if i remember rightly.

ill give Bathtub ****ter a listen then. thanks

Bathtub ****ters vocalist is an acquired taste as well. I didn't like his vocals and Terrorizers, but they grew on me and now I love them.
xThrashxAttackx

Check out the Slimewave: Goregrind Series put out by Relapse. While it says goregrind it's not really. Got some awesome stuff on there like Cripple Bastards, Japanese Kampfhorspiele, Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition, and Total ****ing Destruction
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by Monolith295
Check out the Slimewave: Goregrind Series put out by Relapse. While it says goregrind it's not really. Got some awesome stuff on there like Cripple Bastards, Japanese Kampfhorspiele, Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition, and Total ****ing Destruction

I have Japanische Kampfhörspiele and Are You God?'s split. It's pretty damn good.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I might have to check that out. I really dig what I've heard from Japanese Kampfhorspiele
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Whats some good grindcore that isn't Pig Destroyer or Napalm Death. I'm too lazy to figure out what else is good

EDIT: forgot Insect Warfare, they rape too
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
How do you classify something as grindcore anyways? I haven't really gotten much into it. I'm still trying to get a little more into black metal :P
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
From what this thread has taught me and personal listening experiences, Grindcore (and most of it's cousin subgenres) is basically sped up, relentless crust punk that favors blast beats and often grunting vocals (i.e. Napalm Death). Lots of grind bands eventually cross over into the death metal/deathgrind realm (Carcass, Brutal Truth, Exhumed, Napalm Death...).
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

this thread was on the last page of the metal forum...

just a question I've been wondering about, how exactly did grindcore change so drastically in sound from bands like Napalm Death to bands like Gorerotted?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by Internal Chaos
Because grind came from hardcore, and death metal adapted it.

learn ***. grind came from carcass and exhumed at the very least. your statement makes no sense.
metal
*smug snort of laughter*

Ha, we have a cretin in our midst, the type who refuse to acknowledge Punk music having a positive effect on their precious Metal.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
pshh aren't Napalm Death those hardcore kids who pretend to be brootal?

Sumdeus
Quote by eternalgorias
learn ***. grind came from carcass and exhumed at the very least. your statement makes no sense.

And Carcass came from the British anarcho-punk/d-beat scene. American grindcore grew out of thrash and hardcore (but not thrash metal...), British grindcore grew out of d-beat. Early crust/grindcore, early death metal and early black metal all owe a huge debt to Motorhead and Venom and Discharge.

TL;DR
Grindcore is punk, get used to it.

So anyways, how's about Magrudergrind?
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Hi, I argue about musical genres online
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
Quote by STABxYOU

So anyways, how's about Magrudergrind?

Have you checked out their new full length yet? I haven't had the time.

Quote by ItsPuddingTime
Hi, I argue about musical genres online

Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Internal Chaos
Magrudergrind will always be my favourite grind band, followed closely by Cattle Decapitation.

CD have a more deathgrind sound, but I know we're you're coming from.
Quote by Monolith295
Have you checked out their new full length yet? I haven't had the time.

All I have is 62 Trax of Thrash. Eventually I'll get the full length.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Right, keep in mind that I don't tend to listen to grind too much, but pleasecanihave something that sounds like Smear Campaign-style Napalm Death? Mostly looking for stupidly intense vocals and good riffs rather than speed and short songs if that makes any sense.
Quote by webbtje
Right, keep in mind that I don't tend to listen to grind too much, but pleasecanihave something that sounds like Smear Campaign-style Napalm Death? Mostly looking for stupidly intense vocals and good riffs rather than speed and short songs if that makes any sense.

I have to admit I've never heard that album.. but Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses fits what you're saying well. Listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80aNMBb2S0M
Dream Theater = "The auditory equivalent of masturbating into a cup and then smelling it."
The only Grind I listen to is Napalm Death, and I only have Time Waits... at the moment, pretty darun F*cking orgasmic I must say, any Grind recomendations?
get the first three napalm death albums.

and the first terrorizer album

Sumdeus
Cool, thanks, I used to find the production on Scum pretty unlistenable, but it no longer bothers me anymore, and I've never heard any Terrorizer, to YouTube.
This thread needs an injection of badass.

Graf Orlock
www.myspace.com/graforlock
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Last edited by Monolith295 at Sep 13, 2009,
I can see him doing death grunts to Scum.

Sumdeus
Quote by piratemetalhead
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindcore_(Transformers)

"Whatever Grindcore is doing, he loves to do it loud"

Totally worth bumping the thread for

I agree

trying to find a download for "Beyond Terror, Beyond Grace", who I've heard are really good. Unfortunatley there doesn't seem to be one