Page 2 of 37
Originally posted by educatedrebel
dude............can you please put a star on avril lavigne,she's recommendable too.....

Andrew only recommends bands he's personally heard and likes. If he were to recommend every band someone on this site liked, the whole star thing would lose its value. And, at the risk of sounding like a kiss-ass, I must say that Andrew has a very respectable taste in music.
-Landon
^^^^^^
Please be joking

Originally posted by kissmybass
what about finch?

Emo/Screamo
Member #2 of the "Funeral For a Friend Club'' PM Me or Bullet Theory to join

Originally posted by lknight428
its a groovy disco plane
The F Ups are a pop punk band not on the list. they're on the warped tour this year. Check out "I Dont Know"
Break Dance Not Hearts

Quote by Vicious Sid
He pulled little Timmy out of his electric wheelchair
Broke his good arm and made him eat his own hair
The End.
You've got to be kidding me. How can you not list Green Day as a starred band. They are without question the best pop-punk band ever. What's up with that??
Taken from my original post answering the exact same question:

"Andrew only recommends bands he's personally heard and likes. If he were to recommend every band someone on this site liked, the whole star thing would lose its value. And, at the risk of sounding like a kiss-ass, I must say that Andrew has a very respectable taste in music."

Read before you post. And what was the point of quoting the entire list?
-Landon
Im not sure if you would classify them as exactly pop-punk, but I think you should put Steriogram on there.
if you have the ramones you might as well add the sex pistols and the clash... you have to draw the line between pop punk and punk somewhere.
Quote by punkrokker182
it's cool to quote yourself
I think you need to take Agent Orange of since they were a SoCal DYI Political Punk Band and The Vandals and someelse i forgot.
Not the Clash. Not the Sex Pistols. They weren't in the pop-punk style. With the Pistols, the only separation was that it was more TRYING to be poli-punkers or just straight punk than it was anything else. Besides, Johnny Rotten is no pop-punk vocalist.

Being a SoCal DYI poli-punk band doesn't get you on this list...

The Clash were more of an experimental punk band if you ever heard the stuff on London Calling and Joe's solo work.

I say keep the Ramones because they INVENTED the genre.
Live fast, die young.
pretty good list. but how bout NoFX? i believe that they are pop-punk.
the first step to failure is trying.
avril lavigne totally like rox. She is way better at playing music than any of u. And to all you who want her dead thats 2 bad cause shes going to be around a while.
Girls rock harder
Well, the Pietasters ARE NOT pop-punk, at all, or close to it. They are a ska band.

and Agent Organge? wtf? NO. They were a early punk band from Cali with surf surf influences. NOT pop-punk.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Sep 2, 2004,
i think the ramones is true punk, not pop punk
"It's nice to be on your island. It's a lovely little island you have here in the North Atlantic" - Anthony Kiedis to the crowd in Hyde Park
Member # 9 of the UG John Frusciante Fan Club! and proud of it
Originally posted by rockout4ever
avril lavigne totally like rox. She is way better at playing music than any of u. And to all you who want her dead thats 2 bad cause shes going to be around a while.

Newb, stop spamming up the thread. No one cares if you like her. And so this isn't spam, will you please add Bodyjar??
Add Box Car Racer, Under the Weather, Sherwood, and Relient K...and correct Sloppy MeatEaters if you will...sorry, I'm picky about its proper capitalization. :P
Some could say that Avril Lavigne doesn't belong her.
I saw her on the top of the list with no * recomended.
I agree she don't belong here...

But to supprise most - I would place her to Modern Rock,
mainly because of her live performances.

And Green Day Would definetly go to punk.
I was born to make it and I will!
the ramones aren't pop punk r they?
"When Life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at Life and say 'Go make your own ****ing lemonade Life!'"

RIP Dimebag Darrell, 1966-2004
Add: Senses Fail, Armor for Sleep, Split Habit, The Early November, Bouncing Souls, Student Rick, Spitafield, Plain White T's, Fall Out Boy, Lola Ray, Coheed and Cambria
the list is pretty good, but the ramones aren't really pop-punk, i mean they were the first punk band (and don't say it was the sex pistols)