Page 4 of 37
Take off Green Day, Agent Orange, The Ramones and The Descendants....you make me sick putting them on there as pop-punk, and good job not putting Offspring on there they are punk.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
^You make me laugh because of your inability to differentiate between genres.
Live fast, die young.
Originally posted by Clashpunk182
Umm...Avril Lavigne isn't really pop-punk...pop-rock if anything. Sorry, Im a bit picky.
I don't mean to be a nit-pick but I'm gonna second that, although I don't really care if you leave her up there or not. I just don't have any idea how she could be called pop-punk. Pop-rock seems much more accurate.
what about frenzal rhomb. there funny fellas. proberly only punk band that i like. well if ramones are "pop punk" i like them to. but thats a load of ****. who invented punk if it wasnt ramones or sex pistols? saints? or is it an older older band?

Good Charlotte*
Green Day

Why the heck would you reccommend Good Charlotte, and not Green Day? It just seems like ... you don't know ANYTHING about music. Not even pop-punk. Take Green Day OFF. Keep Good Charlotte on there and delete the little star thing. But there are some good bands on there. Sum 41..

you should add Hellogoodbye and Steriogram (Zebrahead only BETTER!)
"I love listening to Pantera while knitting sweaters for my dog, Little Dirt."
Why is None More Black on there? I don't think they're pop-punk at all. And why was this years Warped Tour infested with pop-punk?
Yo
justy: The Velvet Underground, MC5 and a few other proto-punk bands invented punk. Ramones and Sex Pistols aren't even close.

We have articles on this so you kids can learn the history of your favorite genres...
Live fast, die young.
Originally posted by mr. everything
desaparecidos

I wouldn'tve said they were pop-punk, but I wouldn't know where to put them. Ordered their t-shirt the other week, still waiting for it
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Who cares is they're pop punk or straight punk? As long as they sound good.
L-Train + J-Money + J-Train = Dynomite.
I don't believe Alkaline Trio belongs on the list at all - any chance they're going to be removed? Also, shouldn't Busted be on the list?
^ Where should they be then? And don't say emo, they're much more pop-punk than emo.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Originally posted by Jet
who are Foutains of WAyne on ther??

please, enlighten me

They're part of this pseudo-new-wave thing that's becomming popular.

Recommend bands for New-New-Wave/New-Power-Pop:

Alabama Jihad (more No-Wave)
The Pink Spiders
The Epoxies
The Expoliding Hearts

Y'all should take off the Snake the Cross the Crown and replace it with their old band: Curbside Service... they were more pop-punk. They were even a ska band at one point.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Originally posted by andrewbiles
^ Where should they be then? And don't say emo, they're much more pop-punk than emo.

Neither, IMO. I've always considered them to be just punk, bordering slightly on emo.
definatly take the ramones off. there were the fathers of punk rock, not pop-punk. generally poppunk has a negative connotation that goes along with it, the ramones don't deserve that. don;t get me wrong, i like "pop-punk", but the ramones don;t fit into that catagory.
Originally posted by FatKidsonMopeds
the ramones are pop punk, at least in my eyes

does everyone agree or should I take them off?

I'd take them off.

I'd also take off Agent Orange.

And I'd add the Explosion now that Black Tape came out.
^ I'd agree with The Explosion, but I don't understand why you'd think of taking Agent Orange and the Ramones off the list.

RateYourMusic
hell yeah blink 182 is the best bandin the whole world!!!!!!!!tom is sooooooooooo hot!!!arrrrrrrrrr!!!!ok bye!!
I think she'd like that very much...could you dress up as tom while you're at it...? Tom Delonge Fetish...what is this world coming to?
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
DUDE wheres the methadones?????? they kickass you little *****, put them on there before i take a plane to wherever you live and kick you in the nads as hard as i can with some studded leather boots
people remember you the most for the things you did drunk

Originally posted by
Sometimes, I look at my penis, and it just blows my mind!
Last edited by RockNRollGuy420 at Jan 6, 2005,
^ Shut up

RateYourMusic
avril isnt pop punk shes just pop i mean you know for some people who like her thats great and all but i don't think she should be in the pop punk list because shes just pop
^ One post with paragraphs will do
Ramones are pop-punk. For f*cks sake, we've been through this about 1000 times on here already!

RateYourMusic
Isn't Something Corporate mainly an Emo band? I also saw the Pietasters on there, and I always thought they were ska. Oh, and the Ramones are pop-punk.
"There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are the doors." -William Blake
Last edited by jedi8804 at Jan 14, 2005,
RAAWWWRRRR!!! You bastards! I'll say it again.

The Ramones did not invent punk, nor father it or whatever. The Ramones were just the first big pop-punk band, before pop-punk was even called pop-punk. The first band to bear the pop-punk label was Green Day in the 90's (I'm mostly certain...).

Ramones stay. No more debate.

PS: HoldenC, I, nor anyone else give two shits about the stimga attatched with pop-punk. It's meaningless garbage.
Live fast, die young.
American Hi-Fi aren't pop-punk, well, 'the art of losing' was pretty close, but the self-titled definately wasn't. The one coming out soon sounded like a random mixture of tracks, got better as it went on, but I remember disliking the first 5 or so.

RateYourMusic
I'm certain Alkaline Trio isn't pop-punk; if The Offspring isn't, they definitely aren't. And yes, Avril Lavigne considers herself pop-rock. Alkaline Trio is definitely punk/emo, though.

EDIT: Alkaline Trio even says so themself that they are punk and not pop-punk.
Last edited by jestermasterx at Jan 24, 2005,
Originally posted by jestermasterx
I'm certain Alkaline Trio isn't pop-punk; if The Offspring isn't, they definitely aren't. And yes, Avril Lavigne considers herself pop-rock. Alkaline Trio is definitely punk/emo, though.

EDIT: Alkaline Trio even says so themself that they are punk and not pop-punk.

Alkaline Trio are closest to pop-punk than any other genre. Don't know why The Offspring aren't on there if they're not.

RateYourMusic