Page 5 of 37
the ramones aint pop punk, nor are the buzzcocks

Originally posted by xducktape182x
hell yeah blink 182 is the best bandin the whole world!!!!!!!!tom is sooooooooooo hot!!!arrrrrrrrrr!!!!ok bye!!

umm no... i saw a concert when i used to like them and their opening band (sum 41) out played them... by a lot.
Last edited by somepunkkid at Jan 26, 2005,
Alk3 just doesn't carry that pop-punk vibe. They don't focus on catchiness, and lots of it isn't so much catchy as it is emotional. This IS their forum, but they don't really belong on a list.

somepunkkid: They are too pop-punk. don't debate it.
Live fast, die young.
Originally posted by MrLucky77713
Alk3 just doesn't carry that pop-punk vibe. They don't focus on catchiness, and lots of it isn't so much catchy as it is emotional. This IS their forum, but they don't really belong on a list.

somepunkkid: They are too pop-punk. don't debate it.

who the buzzcocks or the ramones
out of everyone on that list Blink 182's all the small things is the biggest hit out of all those bands no other bands song ever came close everyone knows that freaken song it gets in your head
ONLY WAY ROCKS
^Don't spam up the thread.

And am I the only person who thinks the Plain White T's should be added?
Originally posted by Rankles
I don't see a point in you.

As stated last time, after long debates we left AFI and The Offspring off the list as AFI were never pop punk, and used to be punk, whereas Offspring for the majority of their albums have been punk.

So keep them off
Yess, but the oh so smartass punks don't want 'em on their fancy list. At least that's what was the deal the last time I was there.
ska has horns punk is really fast rock pop punk is radio punk and emo sucks
ONLY WAY ROCKS
this thread has gotten off topic and why and punkboy are you retarded?

and stop the genre bashing emo doesnt suck, i bet that all the music you write, (if you even write music) is much worse than all the music you bash, so stfu ok
punkboy, you lose. Stop.

Are there any band s that should be added?
Live fast, die young.
kinda funny how you can have so much bawls on the internet but what ever as for me i think relient k should be added on the list because there due peace out my guitar brothers
ONLY WAY ROCKS
Aren't they there? They ARE pop-punk. And let's shy away from the homophobic slurs. What if I WAS gay? Does that have anything to do with anything? No, so shut up.

I'm just saying you shouldn't just be like "emo suxx0rz man..." because you've got no reaosn other then "its nawt punk rawk!!" to do that. It's compounded by your superiority complex.
Live fast, die young.
No use for a name?
Originally posted by IlikeTheSKA
If "Skinhead" Rob is a skinhead, then Nikes are Doc Martins.
oooo and what about the aquabats?i guess u could say they are pop punk right?i know whoever made that list must have spent some time on it but please,take avril off of it.
haha ya emochik91 exectly who ever made this better get rid of avril
Quote by Nole07
you see periods are a good thing for chics, its what flushes out the evil. sure us guys have to endure a little bit of evil but just wait til chics get older and stop getting periods, its all evil, thats why old f ucking ladies are so mean..
I think The Gamits should be added. Also, Agent Orange is more punk than pop-punk IMO.
Originally posted by kevGhommiefry
take rufio off their definitely emo

Or not.

Add the Plain White T's, please?
I wouldn't call Offspring punk at all, I don't think I'd call them pop punk either and I do agree that AFI shouldn't be on there
Originally posted by rpmbass
I wouldn't call Offspring punk at all, I don't think I'd call them pop punk either and I do agree that AFI shouldn't be on there
Then what the fuck are they? Offspring are a mix of pop-punk and punk, depending on which album you are looking at.
There pop punk now, they used to be straight punk, leave them on.
argh! what are the ramones doing there?! take them off, take them OFF!!
I'm quite a self-deprecating person. - PJ Harvey
^ Shut up!
The amount of people who clearly don't understand musical genres is becoming ridiculous.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Add 'No Use for a Name'.
^^ Yeah
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
no
use
for
a
name

and All(the band they're the same as the descendants, just with a diffrent singer)
Originally posted by guitar_dude07
i think weezer should be on there... some of there stuff is pop punk.

I would say it's more emo.
Originally posted by emochik91
oooo and what about the aquabats?

Id say the aquabats are more punk/ska-ish than pop-punk
good list accept RAMONES is not pop punk. pop punk may thrive from some of its music. It descends from it. Ramones were one of the first punk bands. There is no band that was the first or that invented it. so take it off your list.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Originally posted by Punk as atticus
good list accept RAMONES is not pop punk. pop punk may thrive from some of its music. It descends from it. Ramones were one of the first punk bands. There is no band that was the first or that invented it. so take it off your list.

I'm going to kill myself.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Originally posted by Punk as atticus

Oh my God, there are at least four fucking posts on every single page of this thread saying how The Ramones aren't pop-punk. ACCEPT IT. THE RAMONES ARE POP-PUNK, AND THEY'RE NOT GETTING TAKEN OFF THE LIST.

Rufio is pop-punk as well to the person who said they're not. Yes, a lot of their songs have sweet guitar lines, but they're still pop-punk. They may not be as pop-punk as some of the bands on this list, but they're still mainly pop-punk.

But some of the people here I agree with...Sum 41's new album really isn't pop-punk...
P. Swaminathan
(No company anymore... )

Album of the Week:
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
Originally posted by kurush
sum 41 arent pop-punk... they're some other kind of punk... more punk-metallish...?

jup...now they'rnt pop punk......but i dont care....i just love all SUM 41 cd's....they r AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!