Page 1 of 2
I just bought St. Vincent's new album. This girl is a gem. She has been a part of Sufjan Steven's band and also a member of The Polyphonic Spree. Anyone else a fan?
There's something living in these lines.
I think she's a horribly talented musician and has beautiful lyrics, with amazingly catchy melodies.

So yeah, I dig her.
She's quite something. I like the new album, imho it's slightly better than the first and i've played it a lot the past month. Apparently she made this album by writing scores to her favorite films and then turning those ideas into songs in a more conventional pop format and i think it shows.

Like musicman0000 said, she's even better live. If she released a good live record, i'd buy it in a second. I mean, the albums are nicely produced but i saw her perform in april and it was an excellent show and quite different, with a rawness and intensity to it that isn't very present on the records. Marrow rocked so hard, the album version doesn't even come close.

At one point she was rocking out so enthousiastically that the headstock of her guitar got caught in some cables and she almost unplugged herself. She noticed, her face went for a second and then she managed to untangle it without missing a note. One of the coolest stage ****ups/recoveries i've witnessed.
loved the first album, but haven't listened to the new one as much as i should have. i'll fix that soon.
I really like some songs on the new album but I find some of them kind of boring. Maybe I just need to listen to it more.
I've recently started to get into her. Her first album's brilliant. I'll need to check out Actor soon.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I first fell in love with her with the track Jesus Saves on her first album and have been in love ever since.....
"But that's how it's got to be.It's coming down to,
Nothing more than apathy.I'd rather run the other way,
Than stay and see"umgd.
Yes!!! I'm seeing her in two days in Dallas. I saw her 2 years ago on her first tour with a full band without ever hearing her music before (a friend dragged me to it) and it was probably the best concert I've ever been to. She's really hillarious as well, I love her sense of humor.

I haven't heard the new album yet but I'm buying it at the show for sure.
Actor is soooo good. She's playing in my hood tonight but I don't have enough money to go. How lame is that?
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I love her. I'm gonna buy ACTOR soon, and hopefully I'll see her with Andrew Bird in October.
Quote by somewhat_here

Nice. I love how she never seems to play a song the same way, she's always experimenting with new arrangements, ranging from solo performances to huge lineups. She was on Letterman a while ago with a really big band.

Personally i love this song. It's not on her albums although it was available as a bonus track for Actor on itunes, but i prefer this song with a sparse arrangement.

I'm still loving Actor btw. It's a really good record.
saw her and andrew bird in concert. She is amazing. Love listening to her play, hot girl playing some kick ass guitar!
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
I have so much love for this girl. What a talented individual.
Well that is that, and this is this.
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get.
You get away from me.
You get away from me.
Quote by rmr024
Okay. So first of all, the new album fucking kicks ass.

Listen to this. DO IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH0bm2eytfU

Second of all, I'm seeing her live on October 2nd.

YUS.

Shes coming to Seattle on Oct. 13th.... I'll have to try to go!
Never really listened to her. Now I have (the new album). Very creative.
She was sooooo good live... I was a little thrown off by her new band arrangement, but it was still kickass. She played most of the new album, but not too many old songs other than Marrow, Your Lips Are Red, Actor Out of Work, and The Party. She also played a cover from a band that I think she said was called "The Pop Group". It was insane.

Her voice was just unreal throughout the show. Well worth twenty bucks.

Oh yeah, she also played Just the Same but Brand New
Balls.
Last edited by rmr024 at Oct 3, 2011,
My friend scored tickets to the show in Oakland on Tuesday but I don't think I have the money to make the drive all the way down there. This is devastating.

tUnE-yArDs are opening, too. ;_;
St Vincent rocks hard. Ever since I found out about her music, her albums have been on constant rotation. I think I'm starting to develop a crush on her. >_>
^No shame in that my friend. I saw her perform for the second time on Saturday. She's literally drop-dead gorgeous. And sooooooo good live. What a voice...
Balls.
She is awesome. I love her song Rosyln with Bon Iver. I watched her live stream at Coachella. Basically, I want to lick her vagina while she sings.
She is beautiful. I only picked up Strange Mercy recently. It's probably her best yet.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I have ginger hair. I'm already there man.
Quote by ErikLensherr

So, what did everybody make of her s/t?

Side A is fantastic, Side B loses some steam. "I Prefer Your Love" makes me feel things.
Quote by thewho65
So, what did everybody make of her s/t?

Side A is fantastic, Side B loses some steam. "I Prefer Your Love" makes me feel things.

It's pretty good. Definitely slows in the second half though I think the last two tracks are great. Agreed on I Prefer Your Love, it makes me feel a little teary.

Seeing her live for the first time in May, really looking forward to it!
Quote by Bushonmyhead
It's pretty good. Definitely slows in the second half though I think the last two tracks are great. Agreed on I Prefer Your Love, it makes me feel a little teary.

Seeing her live for the first time in May, really looking forward to it!

Ah, lucky. I've heard it's quite the show.

Just listened to Strange Mercy again, I have to say I still prefer it a bit over her newest.
I fell in love with Annie after watching this interview.

http://youtu.be/NE7R4nKBK8Y

She's very talented and has been a breath of fresh air to the (increasingly homogeneous) Indie scene, especially among female solo artists. I'd love to see her live.
Gear:
Ibanez GSA60 Guitar through Zoom G1Xon to Vox VT40+
Ibanez SR300 Bass to Acoustic B100
Page 1 of 2