Page 5 of 277
Quote by MakeItY0urs
chances are if she liked you before, she might still have some interest in you. Considering her BF treats her like ****, she might even be thinking of you from time to time and that she should be with you. i say go for it. And if she says no, oh well. its not like you lost anything

ha. well i wouldn't say i didn't lose anything.
because #1 shes amazing...
and... shes my bestfriend's sister :p haha.
so imagine the akward strain placed on that friendship.
i'd never be able to show my face at his house ever again.
Last edited by jaycup at May 25, 2009,
Quote by jaycup

ahh i see. but what is the harm in finding out whether or not you still have a chance?
im stupid. blahbalhblahblah
Quote by jaycup

well if this kid cheated on her then I'm sure you'll be fine and she'll want you. just take her out and show her what she could have
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by jaycup
I really like this girl. I met her Halloween of last year.
She asked if she could put glitter in my hair, and I said sure (I didn't care what she did, just as long as it included me).
We got to know eachother as weeks went by, and by Christmas time I liked her.
I was to much of a wimp to say anything to her because just as its been said a million times before, I didn't want to ruin things. In January, we stayed up texting eachother one night, and played the "Who Do You Like" game. We basically went back and forth for an hour saying "No, you first". Obviously I wasn't smart enought to get the hint she was sending me :|
Anyways... two months went by, she got a boyfriend and about three weeks ago, I brought up that day in January. I asked her who she liked during that time, and she confessed it was me. I told her I had liked her too but I didn't tell her I still liked her right now. And that was that.
Now, he boyfriends been treating her horribly. Hes over-protective, jealous of anything with a dick that talks to her, and has cheated on her.
I want to get her back and get her away from the scum shes with.
How do I go about doing it? Or is this just a lost cause?
Its been bothering me for the last month like crazy

She's still in a relationship, so you don't do anything. There may still be a chance but until she's out of the relationship, you leave it alone.
Quote by MakeItY0urs
So theres this girl I've been talking to for about a good month or two now on and off. We've only hung out a few times cause I'm busy most of the time. Whenever we talk or hang out, I get the impression that she likes me. In fact, I'm about 80% sure she likes me. The only thing that makes me think not is that I usually have to initiate the conversation. She'll never text, IM, or call me first. Its usually me initiating contact. But when I do, its like a spark goes off and we talk and talk. I don't really know what to think.

Sounds A LOT like my current situation. She could either be playing hard to get or is just shy.

Quote by jaycup
I really like this girl. I met her Halloween of last year.
She asked if she could put glitter in my hair, and I said sure (I didn't care what she did, just as long as it included me).
We got to know eachother as weeks went by, and by Christmas time I liked her.
I was to much of a wimp to say anything to her because just as its been said a million times before, I didn't want to ruin things. In January, we stayed up texting eachother one night, and played the "Who Do You Like" game. We basically went back and forth for an hour saying "No, you first". Obviously I wasn't smart enought to get the hint she was sending me :|
Anyways... two months went by, she got a boyfriend and about three weeks ago, I brought up that day in January. I asked her who she liked during that time, and she confessed it was me. I told her I had liked her too but I didn't tell her I still liked her right now. And that was that.
Now, he boyfriends been treating her horribly. Hes over-protective, jealous of anything with a dick that talks to her, and has cheated on her.
I want to get her back and get her away from the scum shes with.
How do I go about doing it? Or is this just a lost cause?
Its been bothering me for the last month like crazy

If she's not smart enough to realize that guy is a jerk, then forget about it.

Quote by camaroman
I guess I'll be one of the first to bring an old thread issue to this new one but whatever...

Since it's been about two weeks since I last talked to her, I've decided to call her about Tuesday or Wednesday and just ask her what she's been up to, what her final grades were, stuff like that. Then I'll ask her out one last time. If she says that she's "busy" again, could I just come out and ask her that if she wasn't busy would she go out with me or is it all just a way of letting me down easy without giving a definite "no" or would that be too blunt?

On a related note, would it be weird to call her during the middle of the day? I can't get to a phone after about 5 o'clock, so I was planning on calling sometime during the middle of the day.

On a second related note (two related notes; would that make it a power chord?), how is mini golf as a date idea? There's a place about halfway between where we live that is a mini golf/go-kart place. I don't know how she'd feel about the go-kart half though.

yes, no, good idea
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Last edited by Freezer Burn at May 25, 2009,
Quote by MakeItY0urs
ahh i see. but what is the harm in finding out whether or not you still have a chance?

yeah, your right.
normally, i'd just straight out ask.
but with this guy doing all this stuff to her, shes crying all the time and hasn't felt to good for the last month, I just don't want to put any more pressure on her, ya know?
But Im gonna just straight out ask her ONCE shes out of the relationship, which i suspect will be soon, and tell her its no big deal if she doesn't.
Thanks for the help!
Quote by Freezer Burn
Sounds A LOT like my current situation. She could either be playing hard to get or is just shy.

i hate playing hard to get cause what if youre wrong?! AHHHHH
Nonononono. No.

If she could have better, why is she still with him? you're completely ignoring reality.

If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't be with him.
Quote by jaycup
yeah, your right.
normally, i'd just straight out ask.
but with this guy doing all this stuff to her, shes crying all the time and hasn't felt to good for the last month, I just don't want to put any more pressure on her, ya know?
But Im gonna just straight out ask her ONCE shes out of the relationship, which i suspect will be soon, and tell her its no big deal if she doesn't.
Thanks for the help!

yeah dont put pressure on her. personally i dont think you should ask the second she's out of the relationship. give her some time and maybe comfort her a little. be her friend but dont get yourself into the friendzone!
Quote by MakeItY0urs
yeah dont put pressure on her. personally i dont think you should ask the second she's out of the relationship. give her some time and maybe comfort her a little. be her friend but dont get yourself into the friendzone!

Yeah, definately. It'd make her look like a slut anyways if she were to go from one relationship to another, if she DID like me. So Ill probably wait 2 or 3 weeks, and just use those 2 or 3 to comfort her and show her what a relationship should be like.
Maybe take her to a movie "to get her mind off him".

Quote by Våd Hamster
Nonononono. No.

If she could have better, why is she still with him? you're completely ignoring reality.

If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't be with him.

Its not exactly like I've been showing I like her to this day.
As far as she knows, I don't like her anymore. And she could be with this guy only because she can't be with me. I know its a stretch... but its happened, right?
I just want her to know I still like her. Im going to wait for her to get out of her current, and shes worth waiting for.
But I don't want it to be one of those "What If..." situations.
Quote by Våd Hamster
There's a very easy way to avoid the 'busy' answer. Just make her choose the date.

''So, I really wanted to go to _____ with you, is there a date you'd be able to?''

Go-kart or minigolf wouldn't be my first choices, but if she likes that stuff, go for it.

Didn't really think about date setting thing, but I guess that's why I'm asking the questions.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Also, you worry too much.

I get that a lot.

Wordplay edit: The more I think about my last post; the more I think that there are actually 3 notes inside it instead of two. So, it would just be a regular chord and not just a power chord.
Last edited by camaroman at May 25, 2009,
So....

My Gf told me that this 23 year old guy wants to go horseback riding through the woods and stuff and she was all cool with it. He said to her "Idk if your bf would mind or not though", and she was all like "he'd be cool with it". Then she found out today that I wouldn't be cool with it. I think it's just weird that shes going horseback riding alone with this guy. I practiced music with a good friend of mine (who happens to be a chick) because I had to accompany her for a talent show but I always made sure that either my gf or my friend's bf was at my house during the practices. I just thought it was the respectful thing to do. So Pit...

Am I right for thinking this way? Like would it just seem like a weird thing to do for yall?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by dxpaintball8000
So....

My Gf told me that this 23 year old guy wants to go horseback riding through the woods and stuff and she was all cool with it. He said to her "Idk if your bf would mind or not though", and she was all like "he'd be cool with it". Then she found out today that I wouldn't be cool with it. I think it's just weird that shes going horseback riding alone with this guy. I practiced music with a good friend of mine (who happens to be a chick) because I had to accompany her for a talent show but I always made sure that either my gf or my friend's bf was at my house during the practices. I just thought it was the respectful thing to do. So Pit...

Am I right for thinking this way? Like would it just seem like a weird thing to do for yall?

Well how old are you?

Our answers depend on it!

If you're like 15-16, then I would tell her mommy that she's talking with 23-year-old men that own horsies and might rape children and candy and red vans.

If you're like 18 and going to graduate, then I think it is up to you. I think you should trust her, but I don't know her/your relationship so I cannot say. Perhaps you should tell her that it does bother you. At least the guy showed some sort of concern or something. Who knows, maybe it is fake. Maybe your gf will be like, "HAH, so my bf said he didn't want me to go" and the guy will steal her away to a Polish Pony farm and they'll raise little kids and get married and a house.

I say you tell her that you are concerned and maybe transport her to said place so you can see this fellow and like do the whole, "BYE BABE" and kiss her and say have fun and to make sure to collect the jerky meat that you hung from the trees/saddle and that if there is left over horse meat that they should save it for you because your mom made vegetable lasagna for dinner and put ricotta cheese in it and you refuse to eat that kind of cheese.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Well how old are you?

Our answers depend on it!

If you're like 15-16, then I would tell her mommy that she's talking with 23-year-old men that own horsies and might rape children and candy and red vans.

If you're like 18 and going to graduate, then I think it is up to you. I think you should trust her, but I don't know her/your relationship so I cannot say. Perhaps you should tell her that it does bother you. At least the guy showed some sort of concern or something. Who knows, maybe it is fake. Maybe your gf will be like, "HAH, so my bf said he didn't want me to go" and the guy will steal her away to a Polish Pony farm and they'll raise little kids and get married and a house.

I say you tell her that you are concerned and maybe transport her to said place so you can see this fellow and like do the whole, "BYE BABE" and kiss her and say have fun and to make sure to collect the jerky meat that you hung from the trees/saddle and that if there is left over horse meat that they should save it for you because your mom made vegetable lasagna for dinner and put ricotta cheese in it and you refuse to eat that kind of cheese.

Haha I tried to pick as much useful info from that as I could. And I am 20. My gf is 18. I've met the guy before and stuff and i just dont know.
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
There's this girl who plays too hard to get. How do I know if she's interested? or how do I get her to be interested? I sometimes run out of things to talk about and she always tells me to keep the flow of the conversation going, which in turn makes me more nervous and under more pressure, any tips? She's one of those girls who rarely have boyfriends, nor is she ugly either, she just doesn't think boys are worth the trouble.. so its a challenge.
Woah, this thing got big really quick.

Quote by PinoyxRockar
There's this girl who plays too hard to get. How do I know if she's interested? or how do I get her to be interested? I sometimes run out of things to talk about and she always tells me to keep the flow of the conversation going, which in turn makes me more nervous and under more pressure, any tips? She's one of those girls who rarely have boyfriends, nor is she ugly either, she just doesn't think boys are worth the trouble.. so its a challenge.
You need to make yourself hard to get. Step up your game, dude. Girls like her will just amuse themselves by reeling you in. You need to make her chase after you. Act like you don't give a shit whether she talks to you or not, but make sure you have a lot of interesting things to talk about. I can't help you be interesting or funny, you have to work on that yourself, but I can tell you that you'll get walked all over if she thinks she has the upper hand.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
So....

It wouldn't be weird for me because I'm really laidback about stuff like that. My boyfriend has a female best friend, mostly female friends, lives with mostly girls, and I have absolutely no worries about it. Likewise with him and who I spend time with. (We are 21 and 24.)

It really depends on what your relationship is like. If she thought you'd be cool with it, she probably doesn't see it as a big deal. If she doesn't see it as a big deal then you have nothing to worry about. You have to accept that it's alright for your girlfriend to spend time alone with other guys. You have to trust her. Even if he does have a thing for her, you need to trust that she will tell him where to go.

Look. You are never going to build up trust in a relationship if you ban each other from having opportunities to test and prove your loyalty. If you don't get over this now, it will become a problem in the future. Do you want her to resent you for having an influence on her social life?
Last edited by rigiddigits at May 25, 2009,
Quote by ratmblink123
Ha, I just gave my brother advice from this thread.
You guys rock.

For some reason I lol'd

Quote by PinoyxRockar

You can't make her interested. If she is playing hard to get, and your playing along, it most likely isn't going to get you anywhere.

Be flirty. Show some interest in other girls and see her reaction. You're allowed to chase more than one girl at a time, and if you start making her feel a little jealous, you're on your way.

If you start going for (or at least pretending) other girls, you shouldn't have trouble talking. It should make you more confident that you have more than one choice.

The best thing you can do is step up and just put yourself out there. Girls would go for a confident ugly guy over a shy nice looking guy (more than not).

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by rigiddigits
Woah, this thing got big really quick.

I shall take that as a compliment

I finally understood your username (and can therefore spell it),

Rigid + Digits = rigiddigits

Quote by ratmblink123
Ha, I just gave my brother advice from this thread.
You guys rock.

We do indeed

Seriously though, congratz, we are glad to help (just give is credit, joke).

Quote by PinoyxRockar

Well if she doesn't think that boys are worth the trouble, she isn't playing hard to get, you have to find out about her hobbies, if you both like the same kind of stuff, talk about that, if not, ask about the things she likes.

The questions you ask are all on the first page FAQ that Vad hamster, Domino, rigiddigits and myself have written.

If she doesn't think boys are worth the trouble, you won't have an easy time persuing her.

Quote by dxpaintball8000
So....

Yes and no.

First off: don't use the word "yall" ever again (jk).

Seriously though, you have a right to find it weird and it's perfectly normal to think it's strange (I know I would feel weird about it), but you have no choice but to let her do it, tell her that you feel uncomfortable with the idea but DO NOT FORBID IT.

You have to trust your girlfriend or else the relationship will not survive.

What you did was respectful, what she is doing is just a bit "thoughtless", just let her do her thing and trust her, there isn't much that you can do.
Last edited by thedefrockednun at May 25, 2009,
Quote by Freezer Burn
There are so many things wrong atm.

1. No one notified me of the new thread
2. Now I am unable to have my own FAQ up in the first post.
3. The previous thread didn't get to the usual 10k posts, you can't mess up tradition like that!
4. Defrocked, how dare you not inform me! I always informed you in the past, and now this?

However defrocked, allow me to offer YOU some advice.

As being the TS, don't try and overdue yourself with the replies/answering. Sure, you should be a dedicated poster, just don't think you have to be the #1 poster in the thread. I tried to do that in the RT's I made, and while succeeding in the first one, trying to do it again was just hell, as it ate away all of my time. That is all for now. FB may be making a reappearance soon once finals are done.

I sent you a PM, I EVEN asked you IF I could use elements from your old FAQ.

Thanks for the avice though, if you have a FAQ send it to me ad I will add it into the post I made (after my first post).

Seriously thanks for the advice though.
Quote by MakeItY0urs
i hate playing hard to get cause what if youre wrong?! AHHHHH

Don't play hard to get, it's such a bad method of getting a girl. It's a HUGE turn-off to most people.

Quote by Våd Hamster

And Vad knows the ins and outs of the drug we call reality

Quote by dxpaintball8000
So....

Yes, whenver you're significant other is spending one-on-one time with a member of the opposite sex that isn't you, everyone get's those thoughts. It's completely natural because you don't know what will happen between them.

And yes, that's fairly odd, for you're g/f to want to go horseback riding with a different guy, especially if he's single.

Quote by PinoyxRockar

Those girls are trouble. They'll mess with you're mind and cause your emotions to go haywire. I strongly suggest you move on.

Quote by thedefrockednun
I sent you a PM, I EVEN asked you IF I could use elements from your old FAQ.

Thanks for the avice though, if you have a FAQ send it to me ad I will add it into the post I made (after my first post).

Seriously thanks for the advice though.

No, you never sent me any PM, nor did you ask if you could use elements from my FAQ.

Well I had a FAQ, until you practically stripped my name off of it, changed the color, centerned it, and put you're name on it while changing maybe 3 words in each question.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Freezer Burn
Well I had a FAQ, until you practically stripped my name off of it, changed the color, centerned it, and put you're name on it while changing maybe 3 words in each question.

**** just got real.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Freezer Burn
Don't play hard to get, it's such a bad method of getting a girl. It's a HUGE turn-off to most people.

And Vad knows the ins and outs of the drug we call reality

Yes, whenver you're significant other is spending one-on-one time with a member of the opposite sex that isn't you, everyone get's those thoughts. It's completely natural because you don't know what will happen between them.

And yes, that's fairly odd, for you're g/f to want to go horseback riding with a different guy, especially if he's single.

Those girls are trouble. They'll mess with you're mind and cause your emotions to go haywire. I strongly suggest you move on.

No, you never sent me any PM, nor did you ask if you could use elements from my FAQ.

I reused the questions, I prepared all of my stuff, I prepared all the PMs that I was going to send.

maybe I forgot to send it to you, sorry about that.

about the FAQ, I am currently working on the FAQ, I just reused your questions and changed the answers, it's only temporary and I will change and replace things.
The laser quest idea for a date is easily the most LOL i've ever had. Imagine me, a 20 year old, bringing another 20+ year old woman to laser quest. I understand this thread is geared towards high schoolers, but that is just sad.
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
The laser quest idea for a date is easily the most LOL i've ever had. Imagine me, a 20 year old, bringing another 20+ year old woman to laser quest. I understand this thread is geared towards high schoolers, but that is just sad.

What happened to your childhood, Crunchy?
Quote by domino_92
What happened to your childhood, Crunchy?

Don't get me wrong. I fukking love laser tag more than anyone in this thread. I frequently go to Laser Kraze and Laser Web nearby. Me and my friends DESTROY and RUIN all the little kid's birthday parties. I take it way too seriously and hold kids down and shoot them, cuss and yell a lot. I actually have a membership card to laser web haha.

But if I'm trying to get a girl, you go somewhere public first (dinner, movie, park, etc) then try to get them isolated in your house or there house/dorm (alcohol optional). You only need 1 or 2 dates at most before you know if its going anywhere.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Don't get me wrong. I fukking love laser tag more than anyone in this thread. I frequently go to Laser Kraze and Laser Web nearby. Me and my friends DESTROY and RUIN all the little kid's birthday parties. I take it way too seriously and hold kids down and shoot them, cuss and yell a lot. I actually have a membership card to laser web haha.

But if I'm trying to get a girl, you go somewhere public first (dinner, movie, park, etc) then try to get them isolated in your house or there house/dorm (alcohol optional). You only need 1 or 2 dates at most before you know if its going anywhere.

Okay
Good to see you still have a human side
Quote by Våd Hamster

She probably does. If anyone knows me, it's her. I used to always answer though. I just stopped one day. It gives me at least some satisfaction, to know that she never knew what changed.

I consider answering every time. Luckily I've nurtured my rationality; enough for it to hinder decisions like that in advance.

Forgiving is out of the question. How can you forgive someone for giving up on love? For giving up themselves? Call me weak, but forgiveness is not my force, loyalty is.

And I know I will forget her much better if I just rid her completely of my life. Something decency and courtesy denied me long time ago.

But it has taken it's toll enough times.

I blocked her and erased her adress. I don't need more digital ghosts.

Peace comes from within, as the old Zen masters say, and, to me, it seems like forgiveness is the only way to lay down that cross that you carry around inside of yourself. It is also, most likely, one of the hardest things we ever have to face.

Now, this is just my opinion and my thoughts on the little I know about your situation. You are perfectly entitled to take my opinion or leave it, as I respect your intellect and integrity enough to know that you will do what you see is right and live it through in your own way. Which is all anyone can truly ask.

I personally believe that through forgetting, your wounds will never completely heal. They will scab over, if you will, and yes, you will no longer be consciously aware of them in your day-to-day life, but in a dark moment of weakness when the memories pour through or a chance encounter with her or someone connected to her can tear your wound open again. I have been there so many times . . . and many of the times, I myself tore open long-forgotten wounds.

I found that I needed to forgive, as hard as it was, in order to be at peace.

Quote by Freezer Burn

Now, now, boys. If you guys are going to get all antsy maybe you should take it outside or to the PM.

Also, I think that both of you are taking this thing way to seriously. The RT is an entity that cannot be owned or controlled by a single person. It is far larger than any single one of us. Yes, you both spend a lot of time in here and, yes, you both have helped a lot of people, but the truth is that the RT has been here longer than any of us and the information collected in the FAQ has been a contribution of the experiences of every single person who has posted within the thread.

I think you two are being presumptious in the way you are dealing with the RT. I thought this was all about helping people . . . not about who gets all the credit for it.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
Peace comes from within, as the old Zen masters say, and, to me, it seems like forgiveness is the only way to lay down that cross that you carry around inside of yourself. It is also, most likely, one of the hardest things we ever have to face.

Now, this is just my opinion and my thoughts on the little I know about your situation. You are perfectly entitled to take my opinion or leave it, as I respect your intellect and integrity enough to know that you will do what you see is right and live it through in your own way. Which is all anyone can truly ask.

I personally believe that through forgetting, your wounds will never completely heal. They will scab over, if you will, and yes, you will no longer be consciously aware of them in your day-to-day life, but in a dark moment of weakness when the memories pour through or a chance encounter with her or someone connected to her can tear your wound open again. I have been there so many times . . . and many of the times, I myself tore open long-forgotten wounds.

I found that I needed to forgive, as hard as it was, in order to be at peace.

Yeah dude I completely agree with you. Forgiveness to me is always the essential moment in which you know you can move on. Its the final step to leaving this person in the past. Thats just my take on it anyhow. With my last girlfriend I wasnt able to forgive her for ages and I felt the downside of that more than she did. So once youre able to forgive, youre ready to move on. Well thats what I think anyhow.
Quote by Seryaph

Also, I think that both of you are taking this thing way to seriously. The RT is an entity that cannot be owned or controlled by a single person. It is far larger than any single one of us. Yes, you both spend a lot of time in here and, yes, you both have helped a lot of people, but the truth is that the RT has been here longer than any of us and the information collected in the FAQ has been a contribution of the experiences of every single person who has posted within the thread.

I think you two are being presumptious in the way you are dealing with the RT. I thought this was all about helping people . . . not about who gets all the credit for it.

Actually FB advised me to take things easy.

It's just a small miss understanding and if it has affected anyone other than ourselves, I apologize, and I'm sorry FB, didn't want to create any tension, I'll change the FAQ and add yours to my post if there is space.

Quote by CrunchyRoll
**** just got real.

Nah son.

Quote by thedefrockednun
I reused the questions, I prepared all of my stuff, I prepared all the PMs that I was going to send.

maybe I forgot to send it to you, sorry about that.

about the FAQ, I am currently working on the FAQ, I just reused your questions and changed the answers, it's only temporary and I will change and replace things.

I'd compare our FAQs but I really cba to do it, and it wouldn't do anything.

And yes, you forgot to PM me, who's to say i would have even let you use some of my stuff

Quote by CrunchyRoll

I'd use the idea if it wasn't freakin 50 minutes away.

Quote by Seryaph
Now, now, boys. If you guys are going to get all antsy maybe you should take it outside or to the PM.

I'm not even getting antsy lol.

I was actually done taking this too seriously when I had little to no time able to spend here.

Trust me, i like helping people in here, it's why I started in the first place. But if you help someone, and then they thank the wrong person, it kinda get's you upset no? I know it would if it happened to me!
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

Quote by Freezer Burn

I'm not even getting antsy lol.

I was actually done taking this too seriously when I had little to no time able to spend here.

Trust me, i like helping people in here, it's why I started in the first place. But if you help someone, and then they thank the wrong person, it kinda get's you upset no? I know it would if it happened to me!

Desiring recognition for helping completely defeats the purpose of helping in the first place. At least that is my opinion, I would rather know someone was helped than to know that that person knew it was I who helped.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
always sceptical about getting advice from the pit but i'm not concentrating on the work i should be doing so here goes my tale

broke up with my ex last october, we'd been going out for 6 years before this, lived together for just under a year, at the time it was a mutual break up, i'd just come back from two weeks travelling europe with a mate, and during this time she realised she liked living on her own, and wanted to explore other things in life, which at the time i kinda agreed with, well and there was a hot girl at work coming on to me, which probably helped with the distraction.. anyway we've remained pretty much best friends, had sex a few times since the break up, the most recent being today, after which she apologised because we wanted it for different reasons, i've made it pretty obvious of late that her want her back, i actually cannot stop thinking about her, there's a part of me that knows i should just move on because she isn't really showing an interest in me in that way, but 6 years!! i can't just let go, i don't want to lose my pride and beg her to come back, because if she says no thats it friendship over. so i really don't know what to do, and its driving me insane because she's got her exams at the minute and she's snowed under with revision and i don't want to distract her from that.. which makes life even more complicated because i'm kindof seeing someone else, yes call me a cheat whatever, but the fact is the girl i'm seeing right now, as much as i like her she's moving far away in september to uni, and i don't think i could handle a long distance relationship, and as much as i like her she's not my ex and i'm being unfair because i feel like i'm only being with her because i can't get my ex back, so i should break up with her, but i don't want to because as much as i want my ex back i don't think its going to happen..

so what the hell should i do? do you think i should put up a fight to get my ex back? or should i try and move on and have some fun with the girl i'm seeing while she's here, or should i get rid of the new girl and mope around because my ex isn't interested? not even sure if all of that made much sense its a bit of a rant, but i figured writing it out might help so there you go..
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Last edited by bloke at May 25, 2009,
Well this is my situation...

This girl and I have been talking for the past few months, and within the last few days we've started talking about how we've gotten "more than friend" feelings for each other and so far everything hasn't been going too bad. I found out yesterday that her ex-boyfriend has been talking **** about me and been whining constantly about her having a crush on me. Her ex and I were sorta friends (we have a mutual friend and we were in a band together for about a week) and they broke up about 3 months ago but they were reeeeally good friends beforehand. They only actually dated for like a week or two, but she broke up with him so I kinda figured he still might have some feelings for her.

So my question is, Pit, should I back off or keep going with this girl? I was thinking that I should just keep going since he is just being immature about her liking another guy but I'd like another persons perspective on the subject.
Quote by bloke

so what the hell should i do? do you think i should put up a fight to get my ex back? or should i try and move on and have some fun with the girl i'm seeing while she's here, or should i get rid of the new girl and mope around because my ex isn't interested? not even sure if all of that made much sense its a bit of a rant, but i figured writing it out might help so there you go..

I say you should just try to move on. It sounds like she wouldn't want to get back together and if you don't want to risk the friendship, you should probably just move on. Now, if you want to get back with her so bad that if you're willing to risk the friendship just to try to get her back, I'd say go for it and if she says no and ends the friendship, move on and let it go. But that's only if you're willing to lose the friendship. It really all depends on how you feel.

Quote by Morve38

So my question is, Pit, should I back off or keep going with this girl? I was thinking that I should just keep going since he is just being immature about her liking another guy but I'd like another persons perspective on the subject.

I'd say go for it, from what you said it doesn't sound like you and her ex are really very good friends so "bros before hoes" doesn't really apply. And he is being very immature about it. So go for it!
Last edited by hawttieblonde69 at May 25, 2009,
Woot new thread

Anyway the girl I like went to this memorial day party with me yesterday night, we talked and all that and I got a couple hugs but no kisses or anything yet. I wouldnt feel comfortable moving on her in front of my bosses

I was thinking of texting her and letting her know I had a good time or whatever but I didnt know if I should.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Morve38
Well this is my situation...

This girl and I have been talking for the past few months, and within the last few days we've started talking about how we've gotten "more than friend" feelings for each other and so far everything hasn't been going too bad. I found out yesterday that her ex-boyfriend has been talking **** about me and been whining constantly about her having a crush on me. Her ex and I were sorta friends (we have a mutual friend and we were in a band together for about a week) and they broke up about 3 months ago but they were reeeeally good friends beforehand. They only actually dated for like a week or two, but she broke up with him so I kinda figured he still might have some feelings for her.

if she's interested in you and not him keep going, just make sure he knows she's not interested anymore, but expect him to be immature about it, people get like that, i know i do sometimes, but yeah if you like her and she likes you, he's the one with the problem not you...
Quote by MastaBassist10

Quote by bloke
if she's interested in you and not him keep going, just make sure he knows she's not interested anymore, but expect him to be immature about it, people get like that, i know i do sometimes, but yeah if you like her and she likes you, he's the one with the problem not you...

Oh she isn't, she's even had another boyfriend since him. And thanks, it helped a lot to get another persons opinion on my situation
Quote by hawttieblonde69
I say you should just try to move on. It sounds like she wouldn't want to get back together and if you don't want to risk the friendship, you should probably just move on. Now, if you want to get back with her so bad that if you're willing to risk the friendship just to try to get her back, I'd say go for it and if she says no and ends the friendship, move on and let it go. But that's only if you're willing to lose the friendship. It really all depends on how you feel.

Thing is we were so close, i mean we spent the most of the 6 years we were together, well together, and she's friends with all my friends so its just hugely awkward, i mean up until a few months before we broke up, well up till i went away for 2 weeks, she wanted me to propose to her, i know if i'd asked her to marry me she would have said yes without hesitation, it really sucks it took me losing her to realise that i actually wanted her

thing is while i was away she started a new job and made a lot of new friends, and not that i'm jealous, although it might sound it, i kindof feel like because she's got all this new stuff and friends going on in her life she doesn't need me anymore, and i'm really stuck because i'm with this new girl, i don't want to move on if i've got a chance with my ex, but if i don't then i'm quite happy to date this girl if that makes sense, i can't just sit around being single incase she has a change of heart, argh i hate relationships sometimes

and if i do beg her to come back and she says no, thats it, thats no now, and thats a no in a years time because i won't be able to go there a second time....
Quote by MastaBassist10