Page 2 of 26
As someone who's been using amplitube to get half decent guitar tones, I greatly appreciate this. This tone is awesome but I just have one problem with it. I have a LOT of buzz on the guitar track when the guitar isnt playing. any idea how to solve that?
what do you suggest for obtaining the clean tracks to work with? I tried the headphone out of my amp last night and it overloaded the line in too easily
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
that still overloads the sound card for me
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

plugging into a toneport ux2. I use REAPER, and I tried it's noisegate but it literally did nothing for me..
hey guys sorry about the delay with the updates
ive been sick with the flu and im still not better, been in bed most of the time for days now, but i will do the intermediate tutorial asap

in the mean time, i really wanna hear the results you guys are getting, so post up, no matter the quality, and me and catharsis can help you refine your tone.
Quote by Thomasoman
Well, I recorded one of my songs using the first tutorial's settings (for the most part, I mean I changed some things). It should be first song on my music myspace, http://www.myspace.com/mikepooltheartist

Sounds really ****ing good man
Nice to hear someone benefitting from the tutorial
still can't get a clean signal with straight guitar no matter what I try
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

its set for when I DI my acoustic, but when I use anything outher than the mic selection I get very very little sound even with the level maxed.

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

doesn't matter what the mic volume is at
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

would I be ok micing a clean amp and using a vst plugin?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Thanks for bringing the Nick Crow plugins to my attention, got very quickly a very nice The Jester Race guitar sound.

Now going after some early Morbid Angel tones.
Last edited by Keskimaki at May 29, 2009,
So I do have a question. A little further back in this thread, Dream Pin posted a comparison between two audio clips, one was someone playing through guitar rig on youtube and the other I think was a born of osiris song. My question is, was the better one actually made by DIing the guitars? and if so, is it possible to get that kind of awesome sound out of just my interface (toneport ux2) and VST plugins?
TS, what is your opinion on Guitar Rig 3 for clean tones? I play mostly jazz,, so I don't use distortion that often. Also, are there AU versions of these amps?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the simulanalog jcm900 sounds pretty damn close and I like the jcm800 from guitar rig 3.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Xiaoxi
TS, what is your opinion on Guitar Rig 3 for clean tones? I play mostly jazz,, so I don't use distortion that often. Also, are there AU versions of these amps?

Guitar Rig did have fairly decent clean tones if I remember rightly, but it's old news that awesome solid state/digital clean sounds are easier to attain than awesome digital DISTORTION sounds.
Quote by Thomasoman
So I do have a question. A little further back in this thread, Dream Pin posted a comparison between two audio clips, one was someone playing through guitar rig on youtube and the other I think was a born of osiris song. My question is, was the better one actually made by DIing the guitars? and if so, is it possible to get that kind of awesome sound out of just my interface (toneport ux2) and VST plugins?

yep, Bow Down guitars were DI's ran through Revalver's 6505 sim.
I will be covering Revalver in an upcoming tutorial!
revalver is an awesome amp sim
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Anyone care to show a new reaper user how to add these inserts onto a track?

please save me some time and frustration. thanks\

EDIT: got it now, pays to read the read me files.

Can a D.I box be used for this? as an interface. Or would I be best of to spend a few hundred dollars on an interface. I'm buying a laptop soon anyway.
Last edited by seanington at May 31, 2009,
I ran without an interface for a long time - now that I have one (actually 2) I realize how much sound I was actually missing - GET ONE!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!