Page 4 of 26
My thirst for updates goes on unquenched!

I'm like, aching to put that revalver thing to use, haha
bump for great justice! Seriously, i needz updates!
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
That sounds REALLY good. I'm gonna learn how to use these.

Just one question: where did you plug in your guitar? Directly into your mixer? No mics obviously? Which port did you put it in? Does Protools work for this, or should I just get reaper?

Thanks
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
That sounds REALLY good. I'm gonna learn how to use these.

Just one question: where did you plug in your guitar? Directly into your mixer? No mics obviously? Which port did you put it in? Does Protools work for this, or should I just get reaper?

Thanks

what you wanna do is plug it into your interface/soundcard mic port. Get a interface if you dont have one =D preferably 24 bit
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Quote by Tig Bitties
what you wanna do is plug it into your interface/soundcard mic port. Get a interface if you dont have one =D preferably 24 bit

Why can't I plug straight into my mixer? If I can't, what's a good interface for under $150?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
you can go into your mixer, does your mixer have a usb out?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Once again, I'm seriously sorry about the updates
I am actually writing the tutorial at this very moments.
Sorry for being such a cocktease, once again.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Why can't I plug straight into my mixer? If I can't, what's a good interface for under $150?

Your mixer should work just fine, as long as you have a way to get the audio from your mixer into your computer.
I'm assuming it's a digital mixer.
If it's analog, you'll need an AD/DA converter.

Also, protools will work just fine but you'll have to do things slightly differently (setting the outputs of tracks to groups, etc.) But for the most part, you should be able to follow the tutorial quite nicely.
why cant i find part 3?
Quote by Dream Pin
Your mixer should work just fine, as long as you have a way to get the audio from your mixer into your computer.
I'm assuming it's a digital mixer.
If it's analog, you'll need an AD/DA converter.

Also, protools will work just fine but you'll have to do things slightly differently (setting the outputs of tracks to groups, etc.) But for the most part, you should be able to follow the tutorial quite nicely.

I have a Digidesign 002 mixer. Would this work? I REALLY don't want to buy an interface.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by Tig Bitties
why cant i find part 3?

Post 3 on first page.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
I have a Digidesign 002 mixer. Would this work? I REALLY don't want to buy an interface.

Yep, as far as I can see you'll be fine.
Just UG'ers talking out of their asses again.
Quote by Dream Pin
Yep, as far as I can see you'll be fine.
Just UG'ers talking out of their asses again.

Thank you!

Great job on the article too, btw

My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Thank you!

Great job on the article too, btw

Much appreciated.
Be sure to post up a clip of your results!
When I DI'ed my guitar and added the VST's to it it got really noisy and I got feedback etc.

When I imported the DI'd guitars from your thrash .rar file it sounded absolutely amazing. Care to help me out with this?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Dream Pin
Hm.
Ground problem maybe?

It's only when I added the VST's to them though, I could get it to sound nice if I brought the drive down on the amp and BTE. I brought your Rhythm guitar .wav files in and put the tubescreamer, and the 7170 amp on them and it sounded great.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Hi guys thought I'd pop in and give you an update on the new FREEWARE DIG 2.5 Head and Cabinet(s). We are almost ready to release and has a ton of new features..

DIG 2.5 Comes with 4 12AX7 tubes with adjustable BIAS for each and a Max gain setting per tube. It also comes with a new feature that we have never seen anywhere else. That is an adjustable Tube Filter. LP HP, Etc. This filter allows you access to further share the distortion wave in between tube 1 and Tube 2. The wave shape is then acted upon from tubes 2 through 4. You can create some really interesting tones from it.

You can select from 2 tone stacks. The previous DIG 2.0 tone stack is still available as well as the new DIG 2.5 tone stack...

DIG 2.0 Tone Stack

For those of you not familiar with DIG 2.0 tone stack it is pretty self explanatory..The DIG 2.5 tone stack on the other hand is relatively complicated...

DIG 2.5 Tone Stack

This is the new DIG 2.5 Tone stack, pretty standard controls, Bass Mid Treble, but we also see a Ball on the far right side of the tone stack. The X/Y values are linked to 2 selectable filters. LP, HP, BP, Etc. On the left bottom beside The ball are the intensity settings for these filters. This acts as a sweep knob on steroids
As you move the ball, the sweep values change...

DIG 2.5 Gut Options

DIG 2.5 Gut Options Extends the DIG 2.0 Gut Options in that the settings are 6 times more accurate, and we have added a couple new features. In previous releases of DIG we have noted that users were having a hard time modeling the amp of their choice. DIG 2.5 will come with preset based amp models, although we don't have a list of them, obviously Fender, Peavey and Marshall will all be represented. So through Gut options and by reading the manual, you should be able to model practically any amp you want. There are settings for Input Crossover, Tonestack Crossover, Post distortion filter, Presence Filter, and the new HISS filters. Using These hiss filters correctly will dramatically reduce the hiss from the gain section.

DIG 2.5 Cab Enhancer/Shaper

This was released as a standalone a week or so ago, but the New Cab enhancer does everything the released version 1.04 does and also includes enhancements to the lower frequencies...Just like 1.04 it can be used to enhance an Existing IR cabinet, , Enhance Mic'd cabinet, or be used as a stand alone Cabinet by itself.

Anyways watch for it, this is coming out as freeware...
Ken
Developer
AcmeBarGig
Quote by Dream Pin
tr3nt, are you using an interface or inputting to your line in?

I'm plugging my instrument cable into my Mackie Onyx Satellite interface, into the instrument input jack.

Mackie > Instrument Input jack > Guitar

well thanks for the support guys, not, lmao.

after trying the usb cable (similar to a lightsnake) in GR3 i realise that these cables arent compatable with asio.

you can only select the USB cable as input and output. ie you cannot select USB in and Connexant (headies etc) out. which renders it useless.

which leads me to believe that VST is a waste of time with a host as when you have to buy a devcent usb interface (which likely comes with proper developed asio drivers), as you may as well buy a line6 and get decent software with it. i guess if you bought a non line6 usb interface or possibly firewire on the cheap, free vst might come into its own.
Quote by fiztech
you may as well buy a line6 and get decent software with it.

Gearbox/podfarm is hardly decent... I have a tornport ux2 and I used that stuff for the longest time, but when I listen back it sounded like complete ass in the mix.
Quote by tr3nt
I'm plugging my instrument cable into my Mackie Onyx Satellite interface, into the instrument input jack.

Mackie > Instrument Input jack > Guitar

Well that's very strange. I'd probably recommend you call Mackie support or something dude, sorry I can't be of more help :S

Also guys, let's keep the bitching to a minimum. If VST's aren't working out for you, it's not a personal attack on you by the VST army or something.
I also have to apolagise for not being a technical support guy or whatever, but when it comes to fixing problems I'm dumb as a post. I'm just the guy who knows how to dial in guitar sounds for free.

With enough time, I'll get a FAQ/Troubleshooting section on the go.
you should do a demo of how to get a nice lower gain sound, I appreciate all your effort but I don't play metal so the demos dont really work for me. Could you do like some classic rock tones as well as some lower gain maybe bluesy tones and how to get good cleans would be nice as well
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
you should do a demo of how to get a nice lower gain sound, I appreciate all your effort but I don't play metal so the demos dont really work for me. Could you do like some classic rock tones as well as some lower gain maybe bluesy tones and how to get good cleans would be nice as well

I have to admit man, for situations and genres like that, I advocate cranking up a nice amp and micing it up, because there's no replacement for a cranked JCM or a Fender Twin Reverb.
However, a tutorial dealing with crunch and clean is on its way despite that.
Quote by Dream Pin
I also have to apolagise for not being a technical support guy or whatever, but when it comes to fixing problems I'm dumb as a post. I'm just the guy who knows how to dial in guitar sounds for free.

well snap snap your also the vst guru now you got this thread going hehe.

so whats a good interface thats relatively cheap that works with asio4all? (no not a 3.5mm into the mic, my lappy onboard sound has way too much interferance hehe)
Quote by fiztech
well snap snap your also the vst guru now you got this thread going hehe.

so whats a good interface thats relatively cheap that works with asio4all? (no not a 3.5mm into the mic, my lappy onboard sound has way too much interferance hehe)

You got a week?
I could list millions man
What's your budget? Plan on upgrading for more inputs in the future for possible drum recording? Want midi ins and outs? Want outputs so you can re-amp? etcetc?
More details man